Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 07:35 AM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Let the animal choose.
Oh, wait, they never had a choice.
would you want to be taken away from your friends and family forever and kept in a little box as long as you got good medical care?
They did. That whale in free willy kept trying to come back and eventually beached itself trying to get back to humans.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:39 AM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Propaganda likes films where workers AT SEA WORLD simply said what was happening?

There are mountains of scientific evidence that show that whales in a tiny pool do not do well. They are large mammals that can't handle that type of solitude.

Nah, Sea World needs to go.

And what the hell do you mean 'deprive today's children from experiencing these animals.' The animals exist in the wild. Get on a boat and go look for them. And seeing them in sea world isn't the equivalent of seeing them. Whales in nature, believe it or not, don't do tricks. That experience isn't a genuine one.
It was a film about a buck of disgruntled former employees complaining about their former employer. I see you, like many here, think that only wealthy people who can afford an Alaskan cruise should be able to see and learn about animals.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:41 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They did. That whale in free willy kept trying to come back and eventually beached itself trying to get back to humans.
And you don't see that as a direct result of human interference? Do you HONESTLY believe that all wild orcas are better off in captivity? Is that really the argument you're attempting to make here??

Old 05-03-2015, 07:42 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,020 times
Quote:
It was a film about a buck of disgruntled former employees complaining about their former employer. I see you, like many here, think that only wealthy people who can afford an Alaskan cruise should be able to see and learn about animals.
Just stop, you can do a day-long whale watching cruise for the same cost as your tickets to abuSeaWorld.

Oh, look! $13.00

Old 05-03-2015, 07:44 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
I hope that was sarcastic

Quote:
Seaworld tickets: $65 ($55 for a child) per person

Cruise tickets: $250+ per person for 3 day cruise (averaging about $60 a day)

Whale watching tickets: ranging from $20 to $45.

None of these factor in extra expenses, the cruise likely having a lot, the whale watching probably have little to no extra expenses.

So nice try, but Seaworld isn't even the cheapest way to see whales. It's likely the easiest way, but it's also the least authentic.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:56 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Quote:
OMG, this is priceless. You think that people should leave you alone when you want to kill a baby but you want to tell people what to do with their fish?
Ah, you think you OWN the animals that are snatched out of their native habitat.

That explains a lot.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
I own my dogs and cats and my steers and horses. I went to Colorado and caught and kept a wild mustang and broke it. It's my property. The animals in Sea World are property.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Sea world put out a new video commercial fighting back against all of the relentless attacks by the media and animal rights groups:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fa6inwzLlA
With propaganda films like black fish, liberal animal rights groups are trying to deprive today's children from experiencing these animals. Their show is forever ruined due to OSHA's death grip. Good to see Seaworld is finally fighting back.
While im glad to see that Sea World is fighting back, this has nothing to do with liberalism in any way, or OSHA for that matter since Sea World claims to have even stricter regulations than they do.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Actually, no. Besides the fact that your economic argument is destroyed in several posts above just, I believe that we can all learn a lot about animals in dozens of other ways, too, none of which involve capturing an animal and removing it from its natural habitat.

As a child I learned a lot about animals from Wild Kingdom on TV. I didn't require a plane trip, lots of cotton candy and animals cavorting in unnatural ways to learn it all. And I thought it was quite entertaining, too. If you and your children require circus tricks to learn something, that's a very sad thing. How do you teach them math? Do you jump through flaming hoops with flashcards or something?

Old 05-03-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I own my dogs and cats and my steers and horses. I went to Colorado and caught and kept a wild mustang and broke it. It's my property. The animals in Sea World are property.
Yep. Capturing wild things for your entertainment says a lot about a person.

Do you believe God put these animals here on Earth for your amusement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.