Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 PM

393 posts, read 306,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I went to Kroger once and had about $150 in groceries in my cart. I went very early in the morning and was ready to check out about 6:30 AM. When I went to the registers, the lady informed me there were no cashiers; I would have to use the self checkout. There was no way I was going to check out a huge cart full of groceries myself. I left the basket full of groceries at the register. Several months later, I went back to Kroger early in the morning. I noticed they weren't forcing customers to only use self checkouts anymore I have left baskets of unpurchased items at Walmart as well. I'll wait 5 minutes in lines, maybe 10, after that, all bets are off.
So you wasted your time and gas to have to go back to the store to shop for those items again, HOW is that worth it, huh?

Old 05-05-2015, 07:35 PM

367 posts, read 458,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

I am so sure Jessica2099 and SomervilleCat really want to wait longer when someone does this to them, right? YEAH RIGHT, BS!!
You're gonna think what you will regardless of what I say, but chances are that person I am discreetly trying to "cut" knew I was in the line a few minutes ago if it indeed was one of those 20 minute waits. Therefore, it's fair to hope he might let you ahead of him if you forgot one thing that was near the register. So yes, I will try to make a friend on the fly and have him let me in. When you're not mad at the world, that is not hard to do.

Quote:

Also, another thing that bothers me is inconsiderate people who don't have their money out like having to dig to get coins out their purse or didn't even write "walmart" and the date at least on their check if we are at walmart, things like that to take up other people's time away from them unfairly so. I have my credit card and coupons or competitor's ads READY WELL BEFORE I get to the line. I am a courteous shopper. I don't do that to people.
Now here, yes, is a pet peeve of mine as well. Probably the only waiting in line pet peeve I have. Use the time to get your method of payment ready instead of playing on your phone.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
Quote:
1. If you were the lady that had forgotten your item, would you have tried to cut like that?
No, but I would try to use my outgoing personality, while I was grabbing the item since it was near the register to have that guy offer to let me through. (since it is just one item)
Do you see how SELFISH you are, huh CUTTER?

I wouldn't have EVEN IF THE cashier offered, I would tell them "No I can't cut, I have to wait my turn, I can't do that to innocent people." I'd do JUST LIKE THAT. You are selfish. You don't think of anyone else's time or feelings. It doesn't matter if it's one item, that's an extra minute of all of those customer's time that's in the line. That's just mean. You are mean.

Quote:
Quote:
2. If you were the cashier, would you have done the MORALLY RIGHT THING to do as I would have done to tell the customer they had to get in the back of the line or choose another line?
What I think you might be overlooking is the cashier may have been reading non-verbal signals of the guy. You said he didn't say anything. The cashier probably noticed he didn't care all that much; and their decision was based on that. I would have done the same.

Doesn't matter if he wouldn't have cared or not. He looked pissed to me. Also, there were OTHER PEOPLE IN LINE, NOT JUST HIM SHE WAS CUTTING IN FRONT OF! So yeah, you can't just count the person that was behind me. It's the principle of it REGARDLESS of if that person wouldn't mind or not. Unless the person themself would offer without anyone else in the back of that person, THEN that's different since that person would be offering to cut. The thing is, no one offered to cut. The cashier just decided to ring her item up.

Quote:
Quote:
3. Would you have said something to the cashier to stand up for your rights that it's cutting that you weren't OK with this action?
No. Because there are bigger things to worry about in life.
I guess you must go the speed limit all the time, right? What I mean by that is, you must not be in a hurry EVER in your life the way you sound. I don't agree, this is a big thing for me called PRINCIPLES AND MORALS.

Quote:
Quote:
4. If the cashier wouldn't have complied about not cutting and chose to let the cutting happen anyways, would have you done as I would have done and went to a manager.... (blah blah)
No. Even if I was annoyed that I had to wait an extra minute or two; I'm wasting more time over the issue by getting a manager.
I may not go to a manager then, but I would call at a later time when I had more free time.

See you DO CARE ABOUT YOUR TIME THOUGH, this PROVES IT how you are being a HYPOCRITE!!

Especially what you said in #5 it proves how much of a hypocrite you are:
Quote:
If I have waited 20 minutes, whats two more.
2 more to complain to a manager you REFUSE TO DO, HMMM, it's that something, but you will wait for a lady to cut. I don't understand this?

Quote:
Quote:
5. Would you have minded waiting for this lady when you waited 20 minutes in line already....
I would wait my turn, and leave. If I have waited 20 minutes, whats two more.
It wouldn't be your turn, because she cut in front of it, DUH. It should have been your turn at least minute sooner.

Quote:
If I have waited 20 minutes, whats two more.
2 more, is 2 more minutes of my time and if the people in the back of me's time.

I can't get that 2 minutes back that lady took from me.

Quote:
If the line really is a non-exaggerated 20 minute wait, then that cashier is having a difficult day and quite honestly I try to say or do something to pick up their spirits.
What does that have to do with cutting?

Old 05-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
You're gonna think what you will regardless of what I say, but chances are that person I am discreetly trying to "cut" knew I was in the line a few minutes ago if it indeed was one of those 20 minute waits. Therefore, it's fair to hope he might let you ahead of him if you forgot one thing that was near the register. So yes, I will try to make a friend on the fly and have him let me in. When you're not mad at the world, that is not hard to do.
HOW is it "FAIR" to HOPE you can CUT once you left the line **********REGARDLESS********** of if you forgot or not? WHY is that ANYONE ELSE'S PROBLEM BUT YOURS IF YOU FORGOT AN ITEM? You are punishing INNOCENT PEOPLE'S TIME, WHY? If you were the lady that forgot her item, HOW is it ANYONE ELSE'S PROBLEM? WHY SHOULD OUR TIME BE PUNISHED FOR YOURS? HOW THE HELL IS THAT "FAIR" TO EVEN "EXPECT" TO NOT HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE WHEN YOU GOT OUT OF LINE, HUH? I *EXPECT* TO GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE WITHOUT OFFERS. I don't understand why you expect someone to just think of your feelings and time, but you don't think of theirs?

It's not a friend that would expect to cut. That's just MEAN, MEAN, MEAN and VERY INCONSIDERATE as well as EXTREMELY SELFISH! I don't do that sort of thing and wouldn't couldn't FATHOM DREAMING of doing that. If I was the lady that forgot my item, I would have grabbed it(told the cashier as I grabbed it "I had forgotten this" and IMMEDIATELY WALKED AWAY. I would have went to a 10 items or less line to check it out. I have done that when I forgot milk before that I checked out the groceries I had and went to an express line to check out.

You are acting like the world has to just think of your feelings and time. You aren't thinking of theirs, WHY IS THAT, HUH? That minute or two you are taking away from them. They have things to do too, NOT JUST YOU MS. JESSICA QUEEN! I don't punish others for MY MISTAKES, WHY DO YOU??

Last edited by Springs1; 05-05-2015 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
That minute or two you are taking away from them. They have things to do too, NOT JUST YOU MS. JESSICA QUEEN! I don't punish others for MY MISTAKES, WHY DO YOU??
Yes it is such a ruthless punishment. I am so evil.
Teach me your great ways, Springs!

By the way, let's assume you talk a minute or two with that guy you "cut" after checking out, in a friendly manner. Tell me in all your wisdom: how do we now categorize the usage of that 60-120 second time period?

Old 05-05-2015, 08:16 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
HOW is it "FAIR" to HOPE you can CUT once you left the line **********REGARDLESS********** of if you forgot or not? WHY is that ANYONE ELSE'S PROBLEM BUT YOURS IF YOU FORGOT AN ITEM? You are punishing INNOCENT PEOPLE'S TIME, WHY? If you were the lady that forgot her item, HOW is it ANYONE ELSE'S PROBLEM? WHY SHOULD OUR TIME BE PUNISHED FOR YOURS? HOW THE HELL IS THAT "FAIR" TO EVEN "EXPECT" TO NOT HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE WHEN YOU GOT OUT OF LINE, HUH? I *EXPECT* TO GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE WITHOUT OFFERS. I don't understand why you expect someone to just think of your feelings and time, but you don't think of theirs?

It's not a friend that would expect to cut. That's just MEAN, MEAN, MEAN and VERY INCONSIDERATE as well as EXTREMELY SELFISH! I don't do that sort of thing and wouldn't couldn't FATHOM DREAMING of doing that. If I was the lady that forgot my item, I would have grabbed it(told the cashier as I grabbed it "I had forgotten this" and IMMEDIATELY WALKED AWAY. I would have went to a 10 items or less line to check it out. I have done that when I forgot milk before that I checked out the groceries I had and went to an express line to check out.

You are acting like the world has to just think of your feelings and time. You aren't thinking of theirs, WHY IS THAT, HUH? That minute or two you are taking away from them. They have things to do too, NOT JUST YOU MS. JESSICA QUEEN! I don't punish others for MY MISTAKES, WHY DO YOU??
Good lord. Seek help, OP. Please.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
how do we now categorize the usage of that 60-120 second time period?
As I said before, you didn't want to talk to a manager that long, so I don't understand what's the difference here, huh? You also didn't want to go a self-checkout that probably wouldn't have had anyone in line for one item(they have some self-checkout lines at our Walmart) or you could have gone to an express line that had nobody at it rather than making someone pay with their time that you don't care about.

Usage of time would be faster to do things you need to do like get home, fix dinner, shower, etc. People are hungry if they are just coming from work as I DO. I don't dare go on the weekends to have huge crowds. I go during the work week instead.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Good lord. Seek help, OP. Please.
WHY, because I am pointing out how SELFISH it is to just think of your time and feelings, but not anyone else's just because "YOU" forgot something. I don't do that, I expect others not to do it to me.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:38 PM

Springs, let me hear a rant about being cut off in traffic next. Especially when that car that cut you off ended up getting the next light that you had to wait for. Bet it will be good!

Old 05-05-2015, 09:03 PM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times
Quote:
Springs, let me hear a rant about being cut off in traffic next. Especially when that car that cut you off ended up getting the next light that you had to wait for. Bet it will be good!
I think that rant already exists on a blog from 10 years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies