Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 02:09 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
These types of threads are funny.

You rarely hear me bring up race unless its necassary, and people know how I feel about Black Lives Matter. But let's be real here.

Are people forgetting Nazi Germany? The Trail of Tears? Some of the current and recent wars??

Focus on the individuals. In this case, if you can't understand the problem than be silent about it. Because your clearly clueless about what's going on.

Many races have been discriminated against, oppressed or subject to some type of slavery or servitude at some point in history.

Including Asians and Caucasians.

Cultures change, people evolve.

Everbody needs to cut the s*** and make with the evolving already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 02:09 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Good parenting would help a lot. Strong family values benefit all kids.
But there must be a beginning to this line- correct? Why is the line just starting with today's parents?

I agree with you but I keep seeing this statement as if the parents of the parents of these new parents aren't at fault themselves. This issue isn't a just beginning today in 2015..

So the question is, since it stems from a generational aspect of a long line of parents defaulting, has it now become socially and or genetically conditioned to be a bad parent rendering non-valued children? And how long does it take to revert this socially engrained default coupled with the lesser means of school, funding, finances etc.

Just asking cause I truly believe the black community in America has a serious engrained issue. Btw, Chinese food corner stores and Korean owned liquor and hair shops need to go away and be replaced with black owned businesses..

Old 05-03-2015, 02:21 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You were saying?

Asian Racial Profiling

Asians, who, according to the U.S. census, number 10 million, or 4 percent of the population, have been victims of racial profiling as well. Wen Ho Lee, a Taiwanese American was targeted and suspected of espionage on the basis of his race. Memos by high-ranking FBI and Department of Energy officials acknowledged that Lee was singled out because he was Chinese, and eight similarly situated non-Chinese were not prosecuted.2

In Seattle, Washington in July 2001 a group of 14 Asian American youth were stopped by police for jaywalking, claiming that they were kept against the wall for about an hour. The Seattle Times reported that one officer told them he had visited their country while in the army, and asked them repeatedly whether they spoke English. The paper also reported that U.S. Representative David Wu (D-Oregon) was detained entering the headquarters of the Department of Energy, and repeatedly.

https://www.aclu.org/racial-profiling-definition

Crime Raids by County's Asian Gangs Target Other Indochinese - Page 2 - latimes

https://www.baycitizen.org/news/poli...rests-chinese/

Asian American Gangs : Asian-Nation :: Asian American History, Demographics, & Issues
Oh yeah, that one time fifteen years ago that one group of dudes was stopped by the police! You sure set this fool straight.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:31 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Concentration camps?
Deproprovera or turning them into eunuchs.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:42 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Btw, Chinese food corner stores need to go away and be replaced with black owned businesses..
How about black boss and Chinese chefs. So black people can enjoy the authentic Chinese food.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Deproprovera or turning them into eunuchs.
Ok...I nominate you to administer these remedies.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:11 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Btw, Chinese food corner stores and Korean owned liquor and hair shops need to go away and be replaced with black owned businesses..
No one is stopping African-Americans from starting competing businesses in those areas. Or not patronizing the Asian owned businesses so that they go out of business. In fact, if you offered enough money, I am sure those Asian store owners would gladly sell the business to African-Americans and never look back.

I am sure you think they are taking advantage of African-Americans and not giving back to the community, but the fact of the matter is they are running a business, which entails making profits. No one has to give anything back to the community, whatever that means. But most businesses do voluntarily because they want foster goodwill and get cheap publicity. No one is entitled to anything. Moreover, if they do something, they aren't giving or doing enough any way.

Let's face it, if it weren't for Asian store owners, these neighborhoods would have practically nothing in terms of place to shop and receive services. Do you see a long line?

Maybe you want the businesses to hire African-American employees, but you realize they employ mostly family members (and maybe illegals in some cases) so that they can pay less than minimum wages to survive.

Mick

Old 05-03-2015, 04:04 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
The biggest failure to minorities has been our public education system. They build schools to supposedly teach, and corporate prisons to house their byproducts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I do not have any children, but as an American of African descent, I certainly wouldn't opt to raise my children in the U.S. I would look to make inroads into a nation that fostered better values.

The American prison industrial complex is here to stay. It's smarter for those who can move on, to do so.
I do have children who, thanks to pro-active parenting, were never arrested and all graduated HS or better.

As for "The American prison industrial complex" - It's impossible to "move on" from a thing that is so pervasive, divisive, and simply wrong, constitutionally speaking. When a black man can receive a life sentence for selling pot, there's something very very wrong with the system.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:11 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So if the "black people YOU know" should be treated unequally (you just said this) despite your own admission that they're hard working and law abiding, why exactly should they be hard working and law abiding?

You've just admitted that MLK's "content of character" is just pure bunk because IT IS the color of your skin that you should be judged by.

Remember that next time you're tempted to quote Dr. King in here like so many of you white conservatives LOVE to do.
Of course-

Young black males and young Muslim males SHOULD be profiled. If they have done nothing wrong, then there is no fear of being arrested.

When one goes fishing for trout, do you do so in the middle of an interstate highway?

Who is more likely to be a terrorist? Mother Theresa of Mohammed Ata?

Who is more likely to commit a violent crime? A young black male or a young white male? There is a reason that we have things like statistics, which simply relate fact and history in a mathematical manner.

Wake up- When blacks stop committing so many crimes, then perhaps they have a legitimate case against the police. Until then, profiling young black males is just common sense supported by statistics. Whites did not create this situation- blacks did so by much more frequent criminal behavior.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:06 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
My family comes from the western Scottish Highlands and the isles as well as Langland Denmark. My wife's family comes from the highlands in Scotland. My ancestors came to the US in 1632; my wife's family came in 1628. More came in "the clearing" in the 1740s and after the Franco-Prussian War and WW1. These folks built what we know today as the US, fighting in the King Phillip Wars as well as the American Revolution (on the side of the current US). When blacks say, "we built America", they are full of crap- Anglos from Scotland and England built the US- everyone else came and contributed after that.

Funny.......................... but you can go back to those very same areas(and we have) and there is essentially no crime (and certainly no violent crime). Anyone who would commit a crime in these areas would be ostracized; if not, their family would be remembered as the decendents of one who committed a crime. This is why those who sided with England in the Scottish Revolution (and or those from England) are not entirely welcome in the Highlands.

Why does that happen? People in those communities, even to this day, have shared values, mutual respect for life and property, and ostracize those who are unable to live in peace and respect others.

In the US, the black community has embraced violence, lack of family, and lack of respect for the law. The result is a componant of society in chaos. Unless the values of the black community change, they will be faced with perpetual turmoil- that is certain. No one can change this certain future with the exception of blacks themselves, who are currently unwilling to do and are happy with the role of the "victim" to explain their plight.

What the hell do you expect???

America was not built on "burn, baby, burn". America was built on the hard work, sacrifice, and faith of Anglos, who built and established what was to be America for its first 200 years of the colonies. Black labor functioned in the same role as beasts of burden in the south and contributed nothing to the intellectual, cultural, and societal structure of the US from the 1600s until the mid 1800s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies