Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 08:17 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

I can't even hang this one on Islam. Just a couple of homegrown nuts. And it's Texas. Nothing to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 08:21 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
yup, they have the right to be stupid. I'm going to go to Baltimore now and wear a big sign showing a cartoon that makes fun of blacks being lynched in the South. Free speech! I should expect that nothing bad will happen to me and that I'm not doing something incredibly irresponsible and dumb and am also putting the lives of the officers who will have to "protect my first amendment right" at risk for my sheer stupidity. Correct?
If that's your choice, by all means go ahead...

Old 05-05-2015, 08:23 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can't even hang this one on Islam. Just a couple of homegrown nuts. And it's Texas. Nothing to see.
The two guys were from Arizona. Drove a thousand miles to go on a killing spree. Because of a cartoon.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:29 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why are lefties ALWAYS on the side of those who hate America?
Exactly. And they never defend religion, unless it's Islam.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:41 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Monty Phython often times made fun of and poked the religious in the eye. "Life of Brian" and "The Meaning of Life" and to a lesser extent "The Holy Grail" was making fun of the beliefs of others.

Nobody got killed over them.
Exactly, Holy Grail did a great job! George Burns was not liked by some in 1977......when he made the movie "Oh God" some were offended. I don't remember town being burned, people shot or killed.

Jerry Landers: I don't even go to any church!
God: Neither do I.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:43 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The two guys were from Arizona. Drove a thousand miles to go on a killing spree. Because of a cartoon.
Didn't work out so well for them! Sure it wasn't the day they had planned. I guess, Garland is off the list of towns to attack!

Old 05-05-2015, 08:45 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A dead soldier's family will keep this in mind.

There are actually good reasons both GW and BO have emphasized we are not at war with Islam.
Yes and that reason is PC COWARDICE.

We ARE actually at war with radical islam And WITH the violence, misogyny, Jew, Gay and free speech hatred it's unholy book teaches.

Whether or not you care to admit it.

BTW that war will worsen and cost many more lives until the BLIND Liberals have to deal with it personally. islam can't live
in peace with a modern, educated and free world.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:50 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Didn't work out so well for them! Sure it wasn't the day they had planned. I guess, Garland is off the list of towns to attack!
If I was a whack-job fundamentalist nutcake intent on a killing rampage I'd avoid Texas altogether. I can think of a number of states where the pickings would be much easier. I won't mention any though. Don't want to give any lunatics any ideas. But I'll say this: don't mess with Texas.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why are lefties ALWAYS on the side of those who hate America?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Exactly. And they never defend religion, unless it's Islam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yes and that reason is PC COWARDICE.

We ARE actually at war with radical islam And WITH the violence, misogyny, Jew, Gay and free speech hatred its unholy book teaches.
Whether or not you care to admit it.
BTW that war will worsen and cost many more lives until the BLIND Liberals have to deal with it personally.
I don't know the reason; they certainly aren't PC when it comes to bashing Christians and those who disagree with them politically.

They deny that they are basically apologists for radical Islam with the double standard, yet the evidence is there to show otherwise.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The latest news is that the cop initially engaged the attackers then SWAT took them out.
The Latest on Prophet Cartoon Case: SWAT Helped Kill Gunmen - ABC News

Video of the event, shooting announcement 1:29:30

https://youtu.be/v52q0Z_nSEM?t=1h29m30s

Winning cartoonist @ https://youtu.be/v52q0Z_nSEM?t=28m52s

Bosch Fawstin - People's Choice Award- $12,500

So, that's what these freaks are willing to kill someone over. Religion of peace my azz. At lease these two were killed like the rabid dogs that they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies