Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 02:58 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
During the Battle of Britain, Londoners did not get up onto the rooftops under which their children slept and wave torches during blitzes.

You don't draw fire where you live.

You put that too mildly. I would have said "You don't go to the Potty in your living room floor." But some folks like living that way, and I like watching the results. Makes for interesting News Casts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
If you insult Jesus, a devout Christian will pity you.
If you insult Moses, a devout Jew will ignore you.
If you draw a stick figure of Muhamed, a devout Muslim will slowly cut your head off with a butcher knife and email the video to your parents.

Jihadi Censorship comes to America - looks like it's working great on the Leftist Media who condemns the stick figure and not the Head Chopper.

If you go around kicking Hornets Nests, you will get the crap stung out of you.

If you want to "Protest" being stung, go kick another nest and get stung again.

Stupidity has come to America. Looks like its working great. The nutcases are going after the other nutcases. I just hope they have more video Cameras next time.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:12 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Why don't all you frothing right wing war mongers just come out and admit it?
You want the US to start a war with 1.4 billion Muslims, starting with the 3 million here in the US. Pam Geller is your pointed stick in the eye. From the Nastiness she fostered concerning the Islamic Community Center, 8 blocks from ground Zero, to the evil posters she had located on the buses in NYC to the nasty, inflammatory signs she has hanging in the NY subway system, this latest caper by her is just another poke in the Islamic eye that she and all you "patriotic posters" here on CD will use to inflame the population against American Muslims. Come on! Be strong and truthful for once in your life. Admit it. That's all you want is open season on Muslims and Geller is your point person.
I for one truly believe that Geller and some on this very thread are rather disappointed that there wasn't a bigger killing at the "Lets take a dump on the Prophet Muhammad" festival.

Get a freaking clue people. We created Homeland security just because we knew there would be future attacks on our nation. It is common knowledge that there are currently home grown terrorists living among us just waiting to strike. So far we're averaging 5 a year, that we catch before they act. It's also common knowledge that there are well trained Americans who will be or already have returned from advanced terror tactics in the ME, that will be putting their talents to use at some future date.
And you get Geller saying "Hey! Lets have a festival of insulting and defaming the Prophet".
How utterly stupid is that? Unless it was a deliberate act looking for an expected response.

What is the most disappointing aspect of the whole situation is the fact that not one of you self proclaimed, right wing, conservative, patriotic, constitutionalist, self reliant, bohunks will even acknowledge that what she did was foolish and endangered innocent lives for no reason than to promote her agenda and the agenda of the pathetic war mongers who want to start killing American Muslims and start a war with the other 1.4 billion.

Sometimes the level of pathetic becomes almost intolerable around here.

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-05-2015 at 03:25 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 03:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Why don't all you frothing right wing war mongers just come out and admit it?
You want the US to start a war with 1.4 billion Muslims, starting with the 3 million here in the US. Pam Geller is your pointed stick in the eye. From the Nastiness she fostered concerning the Islamic Community Center, 8 blocks from ground Zero, to the evil posters she had located on the buses in NYC to the nasty, inflammatory signs she has hanging in the NY subway system, this latest caper by her is just another poke in the Islamic eye that she and all you "patriotic posters" here on CD will use to inflame the population against American Muslims. Come on! Be strong and truthful for once in your life. Admit it. That's all you want is open season on Muslims and Geller is your point person.
I for one truly believe that Geller and some on this very thread are rather disappointed that there wasn't a bigger killing at the "Lets take a dump on the Prophet Muhammad" festival.
Not long ago we had a topic where Muslims were harassed because they stopped and prayed at their requited time while they were on top of the Empire State building. I was one of the few to defend them.

When they wanted to build a mosque near the old Twin Towers I said they had as much right as anyone to buy property and do with it as they wish.

I was against Obama getting us into a war with them in Syria. I refused to vote for Romney because he wanted to escalate the wars.

That said, the portion of Muslims.that can't take a joke don't have a right to tell others what they can or can't say about their religion.

Quote:
Get a freaking clue people. We created Homeland security just because we knew there would be attacks on our nation. It is common knowledge that there are currently home grown terrorists living among us just waiting to strike. It's also common knowledge that there are well trained Americans who will be or already have returned from advanced terror tactics in the ME, that will be putting their talents to use.
And you get Geller saying "Hey! Lets have a festival of insulting and defaming the Prophet".
How utterly stupid is that? Unless it was a deliberate act looking for an expected response.
Stupid or not I'll defend her right to do it before demanding for her to stop because it offends someone.

Quote:
What is the most disappointing aspect of the whole situation is the fact that not one of you self proclaimed, right wing, conservative, patriotic, constitutionalist, self reliant, bohunks will even acknowledge that what she did was foolish and endangered innocent lives for no reason than to promote her agenda and the agenda of the pathetic war mongers who want to start killing American Muslims and start a war with the other 1.4 billion.
1. What makes me a right wing conservative? And she endangered no one. The only thing she can hurt with pen and ink is feelings.

Quote:
Sometimes the level of pathetic becomes almost intolerable around here.
Obviously I agree with you here.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:30 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
News Flash: Shots fired in Garland. Pssst, this is not a rare occurrence in Garland, maybe if the OP was not so eager to jump up and point their finger they would already know that fact
heh. just wanted to pull this back out and laugh at it again

Old 05-05-2015, 03:37 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Making excuses for it and blaming it on "incitement" is a form of tacit endorsement.

You act like if we just didn't draw cartoons, why then all the terrorists would just pack up and go pick on somebody else.

News FLASH....terrorists don't need incitement......that's kind of the definition of a terrorist.
Bingo.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:57 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post

If you go around kicking Hornets Nests, you will get the crap stung out of you.

If you want to "Protest" being stung, go kick another nest and get stung again.

Stupidity has come to America. Looks like its working great. The nutcases are going after the other nutcases. I just hope they have more video Cameras next time.

Posts like this illustrate the need for a negative rep button.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:17 PM

257 posts, read 295,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who gets to decide what is or is not true?
The facts, at the time. I realize that some facts do change over time, but a published document is a clear fact.
If I say I am looking at a "red" apple, I can show you the apple. You can label my apple "purple" if you choose, but the fact is I am holding a "red" apple. It is a fact - it's tangible, well defined. Where is the proof that it is "purple"?
Then again, in our country, we have evolved to ignoring facts and often stand firm on biases and ignorance. In those cases we go to court and spend a lot of money and waste time to have strangers decide the "red" apple is "red", after looking at it.
The 1919 case went to the U.S. Supreme Court. You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater either - if there is no fire or danger, and you just want to get a better seat.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Posts like this illustrate the need for a negative rep button.
What? You don't like "Free Speech?" or is it OK only if I agree with you? Pathetic.

Need a "Hypocrite" button too....

Old 05-05-2015, 04:37 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
1. What makes me a right wing conservative? And she endangered no one. The only thing she can hurt with pen and ink is feelings.
Says the guy who did not spend several haunted, tense minutes waiting for a cell phone call to hear that his wife and daughter got out of the area safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies