Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 01:23 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Did you read your own post that I responded to? How can one read it and NOT come to the conclusion that you are painting all Muslims with the same brush?

Now this post of your's I'm responding to reminds me of the southern white dude who is pouring gas on a cross and just before lighting it says "Hey, I got nothing against black people. In fact I know some myself and we speak often." "It's the OTHER black people i'm responding to."

Sorry to be so descriptive, but that's honestly how I see it.
You are obviously not reading my posts. I qualify who I am referring to consistently. I may say "radical" or "Many" Muslims, or "Moderate" or "Pius Muslims" and I never say "all Muslims". Your racist remark adds nothing to the the conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 01:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You are obviously not reading my posts. I qualify who I am referring to consistently. I may say "radical" or "Many" Muslims, or "Moderate" or "Pius Muslims" and I never say "all Muslims". Your racist remark adds nothing to the the conversation.
Didn't mean to personally offend you. It's just the way I read your posts.

It's funny how one can write something and the meaning can get shuffled by the time it get's to the reader's eyes.

My apologies if you took personal offense.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:33 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
"It's possible the guy is a heckuva shot, maybe he's a competitve shooter in his spare time or is an ex-special forces and they don't want to "out him""

I shoot competitively and I would not pop my head up to fire rounds on two guys with AKs with only a pistol. Maybe he shot them in the back or they were at very close range?
All good points.

I agree with Mohawkx that seeing how it went down will be interesting.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:38 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times
Quote:
"Islam is not going away and within 40 years will be the largest religion on earth"
Well, we can hope not considering we don't need to become the Hole that every Islamic Majority society has become. Unfortunately, when many Muslims come from other countries they bring the same virus that makes those countries so terrible: It's no surprise when your prophet is a child molesting warlord who enslaves others that your society doesn't belong in the modern world. How someone can say Peace and Mohammad in the same sentence is beyond me. One thing you can say about ISIS, Al Queda, the Boka Harem and others is they are honest and we know to be afraid.
lol. The guy who didn't know the difference between hadeeth and a fatwa is lecturing me on Islam. Funny.

And every Islamic country is a cesspool? Have you been to Malaysia or the UAE? And was not the pinnacle of civilization found in the Caliphates up until the industrial revolution? I think they were practicing Islam while they were at the top of the world... And I think Europe was practicing Christianity while they were at the bottom.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:47 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Your comment initially speaks to "radical Islam" then turns to a comment that is in reality about all Muslims. You can come on this insignificant forum and drop what you think should be done or rather "that something should be done" but guess what? That means nothing, Islam is not going away and within 40 years will be the largest religion on earth according to some staticians and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

Now with that said, if you'd like to stop the growth of Islamist groups that are violent towards civilians then the best way is not provocation... In fact that is incredibly stupid and only empowers said groups as you're essentially providing marketing for them in order that they may recruit.
I am not sure that's true. The entire world used to be pretty primitive, and clung to myths and superstitions to explained things that they didn't understand, or came up with stories to calm their fears, especially about creation and death. As scientific knowledge has expanded and as we have become more sophisticated, we have tended to move away from mysticism. Every study I have read says that the US is becoming a less-religious country every year. The same is true in most of the developed world. It's entirely possible Islam, as well as other religions will die out in the next 40 years.

Of course that depends on a growing body of knowledge and understanding, which is best driven by scientific inquiry. Given that many "activist" Muslim groups seem bound and determined to keep people in their area of influence mired in about the 9th century, deny progress and education, particularly of women, and slaughter anyone that questions their dogma, it may be one of the last to collapse. Or perhaps the first as more people turn on it's ignorance, brutality and horror, as it is practiced by it's more devout followers.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:52 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Ah! thanks for the clarification.

Turkey is Muslim and they are our allies.
Jordan is Muslim and they are our allies.
Indonesia is Muslim and they are our allies.
Pakistan is Muslim and they have nuclear weapons, hundreds of them. We want to keep them as our allies.
There is not one Islamic nation that is openly against America with the exception of Iran. They are our allies in a fight against ISIS.
The only Muslims fighting America are nationless groups of terrorists who kill 10,000 other Muslims for every Christian they kill.
The fight is here not over there, it's here. We are now having gullible or spineless Americans ask other Americans to surrender their rights at the request of Islamists here. People like you don't seem bothered by the Islamists that came to kill cartoonists but are so bothered by cartoonists expressing themselves which is their right in our country...are the Muslims paying you?

Old 05-06-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The fight is here not over there, it's here. We are now having gullible or spineless Americans ask other Americans to surrender their rights at the request of Islamists here. People like you don't seem bothered by the Islamists that came to kill cartoonists but are so bothered by cartoonists expressing themselves which is their right in our country...are the Muslims paying you?
Once again, in this thread, I will remind you that finding the actions of one group reprehensible, does not suggest an endorsement of another group's vile deeds.
It is extremely disingenuous of you to even suggest such and a demonstration on your part to cloud the issue with dubious and slanderous associations.

If you can't comprehend that fact then addressing your posts is wasted time.

Also, I've been aware that there would be terrorist attacks on our nation, by Islamic extremists, since Homeland Security was founded and the Patriot Act was instituted 12 years ago. where have you been that you are just now realizing it?

Old 05-06-2015, 02:02 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Once again, in this thread, I will remind you that finding the actions of one group reprehensible, does not suggest an endorsement of another group's vile deeds.
It is extremely disingenuous of you to even suggest such.

See if you can comprehend the difference.

Also, I've been aware that there would be terrorist attacks on our nation, by Islamic extremists, since Homeland Security was founded and the Patriot Act was instituted. where have you been that you are just now realizing it?
There were Islamic terror attacks on this nation long before the HSA or Patriot Act. I'm not quite sure the point you're trying to make. Given the existence of radical Islam, there will most likely continue to be more-it's sorta their thing.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
There were Islamic terror attacks on this nation long before the HSA or Patriot Act. I'm not quite sure the point you're trying to make. There will most likely continue to be more-it's sorta their thing.
My point is that you are absolutely correct about the ongoing terror attacks and we as a nation have long term mechanisms in place to deal with that issue effectively. We have done so for quite a number of years.

This is not a time for ramping up Islamaphobia and calling for a holy war against American Muslims or the other 1.4 billion that currently inhabit the planet.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:52 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Your comment initially speaks to "radical Islam" then turns to a comment that is in reality about all Muslims. You can come on this insignificant forum and drop what you think should be done or rather "that something should be done" but guess what? That means nothing, Islam is not going away and within 40 years will be the largest religion on earth according to some staticians and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

Now with that said, if you'd like to stop the growth of Islamist groups that are violent towards civilians then the best way is not provocation... In fact that is incredibly stupid and only empowers said groups as you're essentially providing marketing for them in order that they may recruit.

You can't recruit people who aren't already like minded and sympathetic to your cause.

You can't provoke someone into willingly doing something they don't already believe in or would not otherwise be prone towards.

That's the most ridiculous part of the Left's "don't provoke them" meme.
Because if these two would be terrorists didn't do this then they probably would have done something else somewhere else in the future.

If a "moderate Muslim" is provoked into commiting acts of terrorism over a cartoon....then they weren't all that "moderate" to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies