Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 12:23 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I've been following this story over the last day or so, and while it's been mentioned in the MSM, the attention seems to be almost cursory given its importance.

This is the first attack ISIS has claimed on US soil. It's the "first shot" in a new chapter of this war. It's important, and is probably a harbinger of further attacks to come.

Why is the threat being ignored?
Doesn't fit with Obama's narrative so the MSM is not going to make a big deal about it. ISIS will have to take out a Super Bowl before the lefties and the isolationists will admit that they're a problem here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 12:39 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
That southern border is going to cause an issue when the next big terrorist attack happens. It will happen. Most likely the people will have cross the border, and no, they will not be Mexicans

Old 05-05-2015, 01:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I've been following this story over the last day or so, and while it's been mentioned in the MSM, the attention seems to be almost cursory given its importance.

This is the first attack ISIS has claimed on US soil. It's the "first shot" in a new chapter of this war. It's important, and is probably a harbinger of further attacks to come.

Why is the threat being ignored?
Is there anything you folks WON'T believe about the powerful, almighty, omnipotent ISIS?

Some kid from a phone booth in your town called in and claimed that ISIS did it.

ISIS had about as much to do with that attack than my great grandmother did...any she's DEAD.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I heard the isis link is a weak one so that might be why it isn't being reported much. It could also be that the powers that be want to down play the link much like how the Fort Hood shooting was described as work place violence.
I haven't heard but has Obama promoted isis from the JV team yet?
The ISIS link isn't weak. It's nonexistent.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:13 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Why aren't you afraid? Boo! Fright! Terror! Mooslims! BE SCARED, GODDAMMIT!

Old 05-05-2015, 01:55 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Why aren't you afraid? Boo! Fright! Terror! Mooslims! BE SCARED, GODDAMMIT!
You're right, who cares about jihadists going around with guns and bombs not afraid to kill or maim you if you're ever in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing to see there!
Let's go back to screeching about the big bad Christians who didn't bake a cake. Priorities!

Old 05-05-2015, 02:00 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
You're right, who cares about jihadists going around with guns and bombs not afraid to kill or maim you if you're ever in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing to see there!
Let's go back to screeching about the big bad Christians who didn't bake a cake. Priorities!
What is your plan to stop home grown terrorists - McVeighs and Simpsons?

Old 05-05-2015, 02:14 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Two easily-provoked violent idiots took the bait offered them and of course they'll claim to be marching along with the biggest, baddest guys in their particular pantheon.This is not a particularly big surprise.

But hey, sure. Shout from the rooftops if you want.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:23 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
These two were just regular guys who went nuts over Islam. Local stations have been reporting on them here and in Houston. Their mothers have been interviewed live. Their "imam" or whatever has been on the tube. One of the shooters had a carpet cleaning business and an 8 year old child. These parents, friends, and acquaintances are just ordinary Americans, no rags on the head, no burqas , no accents, links to the middle east are minimal. They are not the Tsarnaevs. While these two may have admired ISIS and been wanna-be's, this is stupidity, not ISIS.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
How 'bout hearing straight from the horse's mouth on the event held in Garland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v52q0Z_nSEM

Here's the ad:

http://freedomdefense.typepad.com/.a...2c80970c-800wi

Hardly seems jihad worthy - but then, I'm not a jihadist so what do I know?

Now - I'm not saying that I'm a big supporter of the group Jihad Watch (I don't know enough about it to say whether or not I am, though I do think any jihadists need to be watched carefully). But I'm saying that the group made it very clear - and the participants were very clear - that this is a First Amendment event.

But reaction was swift among some members of the media:
Quote:
Eric Posner in Slate derided the First Amendment’s “sacred status” and declared that “Americans need to learn that the rest of the world—and not just Muslims—see no sense in the First Amendment. Even other Western nations take a more circumspect position on freedom of expression than we do, realizing that often free speech must yield to other values and the need for order.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies