Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:32 PM

593 posts, read 667,252 times

Advertisements

While reading through another thread elsewhere on CD on Bruce Jenner and which rest room he would use I had a thought come to mind. If we simply accept that a man is a women at heart and let him use the female restroom, what is to stop some pervert from lying about this just to use female rest rooms or visa versa??? This is a serious question which i hope will bring logical debate. Everything that can be taken advantage of is, so don't be fooled and think this eventually won't. How do we draw a line that is respectful of peoples identity, but yet protects the public is my question.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:53 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
I'd say if he's dressed as a woman use the womans rest room if he's dressed as a man use the mens,
I doubt he will derive any sexual gratification no matter which bathroom he is using its just a bunch of people urinating and or defecating behind closed doors.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:58 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Yeah, however they appear is which bathroom they go to. It's more alarming for a person who appears to be the opposite sex in the bathroom than to have someone who appears to be the same sex but was born the opposite. And if you're genitals don't match, probably just use the stall.

And really, how many perverts go to bathrooms to get their sexual gratification? They can do that now. And really, is anything sexy about seeing people use the bathroom? I don't see it.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:01 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times
IMO we should have gender neutral bathrooms. It's very simple to put a lock on each door (already there, just need better doors).

Old 05-05-2015, 03:49 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Penisses belong in mens bathrooms and vaginas in the women's bathrooms. Why is this so difficult?

if somebody in his mind is a different gender and gets suicidal over not being able to use the restroom of their liking, they maybe should see a shrink.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:01 PM

593 posts, read 667,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Penisses belong in mens bathrooms and vaginas in the women's bathrooms. Why is this so difficult?

if somebody in his mind is a different gender and gets suicidal over not being able to use the restroom of their liking, they maybe should see a shrink.
This is my personal opinion too. I respect there choice to be the contrary but body wise you still are what you are when it comes to rest rooms. And yet I know it seems disgusting that someone would fake being Trans to get in the opposite sexs bathroom but it's really not that far fetched, there are some veryyyyyyyyy sick people out there.

We see cameras found in rest rooms all the time on the news so yes clearly there are people out there who find this sexually attractive (perverts)

Old 05-05-2015, 04:02 PM

19,113 posts, read 25,305,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackgt View Post
what is to stop some pervert from lying about this just to use female rest rooms or visa versa???

You are mistaken.
A visa is not required in order to gain access to any restrooms in The US.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:02 PM

61,634 posts, read 86,981,866 times
I am very much for unisex bathrooms. It works in other countries without any problems. And it is not entirely uncommon to see a single bathroom (with a door lock) used for both genders.
Unisex toilets are considered an equity and human rights issue for people who identify outside of the gender biniary.
Unisex toilets would eliminate discrimination and harassment as people cannot be considered to be in the "wrong" bathroom.
Sex segregated public restrooms are an outdated relic of victorian paternalism. They date back to 1887 and were created in an era scarcely recognizable to a modern American. Lets live in 21 century. Finally. Lets get relaxed about mixed-sex saunas and bathrooms.
I don't understand why people fear co-ed toilets. When overseas, I use them all the times. It's just normal for me.
Some colleges in the US have co-ed restrooms already. We don't hear about any incidents there.
At the hospital where I work, we have single occupancy toilets, and nobody cares whether the sign on the door is for men or women.
Do you really think that somehow the presence of women in the same room with men, albeit in separate locked stalls from those men, will lead to a sudden surge of men attacking, molesting, leering at or otherwise sexually infringing on women?
Despite all of the scary fantasy "what if" scenarios that people conjure up to argue against co-ed bathrooms, the fact is that these exist in other countries, and in some public places in the US, without muss or fuss.
Lets hope that people will finally realise that there is nothing to feel uncomfortable about.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:57 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
IMO we should have gender neutral bathrooms. It's very simple to put a lock on each door (already there, just need better doors).
I think single occupancy restrooms may be the future. It could be that communal restrooms will be phased out at some point and the urinal will be a thing of the past which would be OK with me as I like the privacy of a single restroom anyway. This is an issue that would have seemed absurd years ago, but since transgender acceptance seems to be the next great civil rights movement of our time, i suppose that is the best solution.

Last edited by kanhawk; 05-05-2015 at 07:07 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 10:02 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,659,731 times
This is such a silly argument.

"What if a pervert pretends to be..."

What if, what if, what if...

I have no problem with someone who is transgender using the same restroom as my wife and neither does my wife.

Has there been an outbreak of rape in women's restrooms by men pretending to be women that I have not heard about?

Good grief.

People who worry about nonsense like this are probably the same people who worry about ISIS cutting off their head while they sleep, "catching" Ebola, Obama instituting martial law and cancelling the 2016 election, the pilot on their flight to Orlando crashing the plane into a mountain, etc.

Last edited by Knox Harrington; 05-05-2015 at 10:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies