Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 12:24 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Not 6 million.
Correct. It was 11 Million. 6 million Jews, plus another 5+ million Poles, Russians, Gypsies and others...

Having known a survivor when I was younger (having seen her number tattooed into her arm), I can assure you it is not deniable.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:25 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
So was the passage of Obamacare.
so are you to your parents, but what does that f'n having to do anything?

Old 05-07-2015, 12:30 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I can also visit Auschwitz. Others have and they remain skeptical of the "official" story. Healthy skepticism is a good thing, I think. I don't just blindly believe whatever I am told. Critical thinking is your friend.
Then how can you be so sure about Pearl Harbor and the Titanic. Maybe all that you see there was fabricated too. How do you even know that your mother is really your mother?

It must be an empty world you live in, so full of doubt and mistrust.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:31 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
It is acceptable to dispute JFK, RFK, MLK, 9/11 ect. However, you do not dispute or deny the Holocaust. You just do not! I will deck you in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2015, 12:32 PM

493 posts, read 385,800 times
Turkey denies the Armenian Genocide so I wouldn't be shocked people denying the holocaust

Old 05-07-2015, 12:44 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I don't ask that question for myself because I don't know enough about what happened to give an honest opinion but I think it is wrong that people who deny the holocaust cannot have their opinions and debates without the threat of political correct threats and sometimes arrests made. Even if what the holocaust revisionists say something that is totally ridiculous they still have a right to their beliefs and opinions. Why fear people who deny the holocaust when all they have to do is prove that it happened. What runs against my grain is that I was brought up to believe that a person(or people) can have any opinion they want because we are a land of freedom of speech. So maybe I am missing a link somewhere but why not let the holocaust revisionists have their say.

Oh please don't come with this troll business. This isn't a troll.
#1. There is no reason to deny that the Holocaust existed because it happened.

I have visited 3 concentration camps, seen first hand a prisoner number tattoo on my ex-boss's father's forearm, and can tell you unequivocally that yes, it did happen.

What I want to know is why people want to remain completely ignorant about a well documented fact of human history.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Not 6 million.
Honestly, if we're arguing 6 million or 4 million...

Fact is that there were Millions slaughtered if it's 1 million or 1 individual that's too many senseless deaths.

There were Americans who died in concentration camps, children, women, artists, communists, free thinkers, politicians, mentally ill, intellectually challenged (down syndrome etc.), Catholics including priests, Sinti and Roma, Hungarians, Italians, Germans, Austrians, Polish, homosexuals, and Jewish people who died.

Scores of humanity were killed, not only Jewish people.

I'm afraid that people get tired of hearing about the Jewish plight and ignore the millions of others who were tortured, worked to death, experimented on and slaughtered in those camps.

It's one thing to say you're sick of hearing about "the Jews, always the Jews" but then ignore that it happened COMPLETELY because of that fact.

Some people are ridiculously stupid.

Holocaust deniers are insufferably ignorant.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:07 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
But the point is that there is no main stream media of any kind that will give holocaust revisionists a space to give their side of the story. That isn't fair.
What's with the entitlement? Media can most certainly pick and choose between the stories they wish to carry. Free press.

Also, you're putting the horse before the cart - if people wanted to hear about Holocaust denial, it would be covered in the press. But we don't. We're politely showing the deniers the door. It's fun to show Moon Landing deniers where they're wrong. Not so much those who feel that p.ssing on millions of graves is cute way to attract attention.

Quote:
The holocaust revisionists are not flat earth believers.
Correct, inasmuch as flat Earth believers deny a physical fact and holocaust deniers deny a historical one. Different magisteria.

Quote:
Some are scientists and very educated people.
People who use their talents and skills to spread lies are worthy of more condemnation, not less.

Quote:
Sure I was taught about the holocaust in school etc. but was never given proof of it happening and how much of what they claimed happened really happened. If I am expected to believe something without proof and face ridicule and rejection if I don't believe the story they want me to believe then the holocaust story is a religion.
Do you have access to a public library? Hundreds of books deal with the Holocaust. It is one of modern history's best described and most researched events. It exists in living memory. You can build a much stronger argument that Julius Caesar didn't exist. And that would be silly, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Its like water to wine, you believe it because you are told and if you don't believe it then you suffer the consequences.
If you want to argue that "Julius Caesar never lived" is a valid point of view until his existence has been demonstrated sufficiently to meet your arbitrary standards, then the problem isn't with historians, it's with you. And no, it's not persecution if the media won't give equal time to Caesar denialism.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:21 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
It should never be acceptable, but it should always be legal.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:28 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...videos&tbm=vid Take a look at you tube....these 70 year old videos are not bogus! ypmo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies