Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 09:04 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliteDebate View Post
Elie Wiesel is the most prominent holocaust survivor in the world - www.ihr.org/leaflets/wiesel.shtml www.eliewieseltattoo.com Read up on him at the links provided - it is an interesting revelation.
I used to be a fan of Wiesel after my Holocaust indoctrination studies. He became much less interesting when I finally opened my eyes and questioned some of what I had been taught.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well if we rightly consider the victors to be all of humanity, yeah I can live with it being victor's justice.
What did I win?

Old 05-08-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Here's the problem. One can make the "unclean hands" argument with regards to the moral legitimacy of tribunals judges and prosecutors but that doesn't in the least bit mitigate the depravity of the crimes, it does not exculpate the criminals who committed them, nor does it diminish the historical importance or morality of the trial's outcome.
How is hanging someone from the neck moral?

Old 05-08-2015, 09:10 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
I grew up in a town that was 86% Jewish. I am not Jewish. We had tons of folks with tatoos from concentration camps.

In seventh grade they showed the movie Night and Day in class of actual Camp footage and showed bull dozers pushing bodies into mass graves. We had a camp survivor who actually was in a background scene in movie go through it with us. An actual survivor.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:12 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Eastern and Western Europe combined had more Jews than the US, North Africa and the Middle East combined. Half of the Jews that were killed came from Poland. The camps are just one part of mass genocide. Every few years in some country a mass grave is found with 1000s of bodies are found.

Example:

Pipeline workers find mass grave of Jews killed by Nazis | World news | The Guardian
what happened in Ukraine was a direct result of Ukrainians taking vengeance upon
the millions of them who were killed by the Jewish communists in the Holodomor.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Its a religion. It is based on faith and belief. Critical logic...has nothing to do with it.

You want to believe it. ..for whatever reason.
The same can be said about the "homosexuals are born that way" cult.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:21 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
The same can be said about the "homosexuals are born that way" cult.
It would be difficult to argue they aren't.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:21 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinquoa View Post
I just made a comment about this, but apparently Holocaust believers don't really get it. Thousands of stories of people who SURVIVED A DEATH CAMP. Let me repeat this because I'm talking to people who seem to be unable to think outside the mainstream box. How do you survive a death camp?
I can't even take you seriously. Did you join today just to spread your antisemitism around?

Does anyone else find it interesting that this topic was started just in time for V-E Day?

Old 05-08-2015, 09:24 AM

46,950 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinquoa View Post
I just made a comment about this, but apparently Holocaust believers don't really get it. Thousands of stories of people who SURVIVED A DEATH CAMP. Let me repeat this because I'm talking to people who seem to be unable to think outside the mainstream box. How do you survive a death camp?
By being lucky enough to be considered more useful to the commandants alive than dead, and staying alive until the camp is liberated, obviously. Göring, in particular, was insistent that the Jews constituted a valuable pool of manpower and shouldn't be killed out of hand.

And of course, not all the camps were death camps. Some were just used to pen up slave workers for the local industries, some ran production facilities inside the camp itself, some ran under apolicy of Vernichtung durch arbeit (extermination though work) - actual extermination camps were placed in Poland. That being said, average survival time in a work camp was counted in months when the war went well for Germany, considerably less once things turned sour for them. Cholera and starvation kills just as well as Zyklon-B, if you lock up enough people and deny them the most basic needs.

And while focus is mostly on the camps, the Einsatzgruppen killed jews by the hundreds of thousands in occupied Eastern territories using less technically advanced methods, but making up for it by being oh so very industrious. 33,000 men, women and children were killed at the Babi Yar ravine outside Kiev over a few days. A scene that was repeated on smaller scale in hundreds if not thousands of towns and villages.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:30 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
really interesting thoughts/post. I think it is sort of like the 11,000,000 illegals in America number.......
Maybe, but that's not the number that one ordinarily reads about; it's usually something like 30-something m. Typing "million illegals" without the quotes into search on predictive-setting yields 11, 33, 20, 46,..., and they all fall in around a million search results each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies