Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 10:39 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,422,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
The Latest on Texas Attack: White House Says Violence Unjust - ABC News
This is a statement from a White House spokesperson.

Yeah well that's all very well and good but Obama didn't go running out to the rose garden screaming "terrorist attack! terrorist attack!" like the cons think he should do every time something like this happens. Then after that he has to go to the situation room, or so the cons insist. And there has to be a picture sent to Fox News. I guess after going to the Rose garden and then taking a selfie in the situation room then maybe it's ok if he does his job

Old 05-09-2015, 11:04 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,422,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This statement is not from President Obama. As you stated, this is from a White House spokesperson, and it is a very short statement.

I'd really like for Obama to take a few minutes and speak about this himself. I mean, he immediately (on the same day) made a statement in person about the GermanWings incident.
Obama: Germanwings Plane Crash 'Particularly Heartbreaking'

He immediately made a statement in person about the riots in Baltimore:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/29/us...says.html?_r=0

So I'm waiting for his in person statement on the Garland events.
It doesn't have to be from President Obama personally. Weren't you paying attention when Mitt Romney said that anything anybody in the federal government says that that's the same as Obama saying it?

Old 05-09-2015, 11:10 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,547,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
It doesn't have to be from President Obama personally. Weren't you paying attention when Mitt Romney said that anything anybody in the federal government says that that's the same as Obama saying it?
No. I never have paid much attention to Mitt Romney. Should I?

Old 05-09-2015, 11:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,903,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The wingnut perspective:

a) If Obama mentions it -

"It's none of his business! The feds want into everything! Keep yer big nose out of it!"

b) If he doesn't mention it -

"See? He's a terrorist sympathizer!"

Carry on.

Some how the man doesn't speak about police officers being shot......but has informed us, "“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.”

Why would he say this?

Old 05-09-2015, 11:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,903,671 times
Quote:
No. I never have paid much attention to Mitt Romney. Should I?
Funny, how they're pulling in anyone other than the person you asked about......

Old 05-10-2015, 04:49 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,119,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Obama is very slick with words and this statement leaves many questions unanswered.
Only if you don't bother reading to the rest of the statement. By all means, feel free to remain devoid of context, but don't expect anyone to take your opinion seriously if it's based on willful ignorance.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:13 AM

23,421 posts, read 17,101,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Yeah well that's all very well and good but Obama didn't go running out to the rose garden screaming "terrorist attack! terrorist attack!" like the cons think he should do every time something like this happens. Then after that he has to go to the situation room, or so the cons insist. And there has to be a picture sent to Fox News. I guess after going to the Rose garden and then taking a selfie in the situation room then maybe it's ok if he does his job
Leadership demands appropriate comportment to solidify the position and give the impression that all is under control even in the most disturbing situations.

Otherwise, speculation results among the people as to whether the leader was conscious, asleep at the wheel or even interested. A demonstrated pattern of, "I heard about it on the news" inflames the situation.

Obama needs to be 'present'......and he is painfully absent when he is most needed.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:32 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,439,744 times
Like another poster said in this thread you righties whine when he says something and Rhine when he doesn't, just stop the crying already it's pathetic and makes the republicans look like babies. If he came out and said this was a terrorist attack you guys would be needing that big old war drum wanting to bomb Iran even if they have nothing to do with it.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:54 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,358,157 times
What a silly question......this president hasn't read the Dallas newspapers, ergo he has not even heard about the incident.

Old 05-10-2015, 06:13 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,464,680 times
Quote:
Please tell me I've missed something. I admit I've been busy, but I've tried to find some sort of statement from Obama on the events in Garland and so far I haven't found a thing.
He hasn't said anything about Tom Brady either

IMPEACH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies