Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 02:35 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
A good scriptwriter can make any professional actor look good. Even a B movie actor.
Yeah. Lets see you be POTUS. I doubt that you have the cajones to go through the campaign, let alone hold the office. Put your feet where your mouth runs or be quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
RReagan was a great president, great leader because he was a great man. It came through in his speeches. Most were sad to see his 2nd term end. I personally was sad that it was over, and knew our country was in serious trouble with him gone. UNfortunately, I was right'
Unfortunately too many leftists will feel the same on January 20, 2017.

It will be a great day, so long as we aren't stupid enough to make it Queen Hillary's coronation.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Obama clearly tops Reagan in his leadership and love for country. I can't remember a time that I've been more proud of my country's political leadership (executive branch only).
The first time that Michelle Obama was proud of her country was when her husband was elected POTUS. If Barack really loved the U.S, why has he pursued so many bad policies and worsened race relations?

Old 05-09-2015, 07:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
That said, Obama wasn't abandoned during the last election, he wasn't even on the ballot.
Sure he was. A vote for a Democrat was a vote for Obama's policies, as even he admitted, and Democrats did very poorly....
Quote:
Democrats, to my disapproval, don't turn out in large numbers in midterm elections.
That's because the Democratic party is forced to rely on a very uninformed apathetic block of low-information voters who have no idea how our system of government works. They don't seem to realise that having a Democratic president means very little if the other two houses aren't filled with like minded people. The only time these people pay attention to politics at all is during a presidential election, and then they go back to their American Idol and their Iphones for the next four years. Thank God they don't turn out in large numbers for the midterms..... it provides a little balance.
Quote:
Both times Obama was on the ballot he gave his opponents a serious beat down.
So did Bush, so what does that tell you? The phenomenon you are describing is more of an attribute to the Iignorance of the American voter and their resistence to change rather than a credit to the current presidents policies.
Quote:
It's a good chance the Democrats will take back the Senate in 2016, reduce the Republican's majority in the House, and hold onto the White House as well. What will you call that once it happens?
Stupidity of the American voter...

( everyone got so ioffended when Johnathan Gruber called them stupid, but I don't know why, his comments were spot on. )

Old 05-10-2015, 10:07 AM

59,037 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
A good scriptwriter can make any professional actor look good. Even a B movie actor.
It doesn't help Obama much.

EVEN with scriptwriters AND teleprompters, he makes mistakes!

He wouldn't even make a good B actor.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Reagan did a lot of things, many good, some not (like running up the debt). But there was no questioning the man's sincerity and love for this country. He was a great speaker, one that inspired confidence and built support. He was, first and foremost, a leader. Something we have seen very little of among presidents in this country, at least during my lifetime.
" (like running up the debt)".

It is a shame how some forget history.

The DEMS PROMISED to cut SPENDING and as USUAL , they LIED.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I forgot to include this in my post.

I do agree Reagan had strong leadership skills. Where he was leading us? Not so impressed with that (trickle down was (and is) a joke). But I do agree he was sincere in his values, and a compelling leader
"(trickle down was (and is) a joke)."

The ONLY joke is on you and your OPINION.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:22 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
I think most Americans admire Reagan's integrity and especially, his humor. I also believe he was a good guy. He genuinely loved his country and he made Americans proud to be Americans. VERY FEW presidents have the same charisma.

He was a man's man, and he definitely knew what he believed in.

My brother joined the Marine Corps because he wanted to serve, also the Marine Corps recruiter told him, "A good looking guy like you, You would look incredible in dress blues. You can choose to be the rest, or you can choose to be best." That is how he joined.

Great speakers get the job done.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:24 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
The first time that Michelle Obama was proud of her country was when her husband was elected POTUS. If Barack really loved the U.S, why has he pursued so many bad policies and worsened race relations?
He didn't worsen race relations. There has always been a problem with white supremacy in this country, from the beginning. honestly I can care less about race relations. I only care about right vs. wrong. I would never adopt a policy of appeasement towards the opponents of diversity.

As for Obama's policies, some I like, others I do not...

Old 05-10-2015, 10:59 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think most Americans admire Reagan's integrity and especially, his humor.
This is probably one of the best lines I have ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhCjMfRndk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies