Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 09:50 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I knew there were primates who engaged in homosexual behavior but had no idea it extended to other animals like penguins, or that they actually paired up as mates for life...I assumed it would only extend to the physical, but these 2 really want nothing to do with females, lol!
Some research suggest that there may be over 450 species that exhibit homosexual behaviors.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-w...-gay-behavior/

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-09-2015, 03:48 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Hear. Hear.

The first year we lived in the South we were pestered to go to church constantly. Now it is more of an occasional thing.

Not a single gay person has pestered me to go see what their life is all about.
This is the essense of the problem. So many of those who insist we preserve 'religious' rights see the only true and respectable religion as christan, and maybe Jewish faiths. At most the judeo christian variety.

But 'religion' does not mean christan. What about pagan and neopagan faiths? It would be surprising to some how many Wiccans there are, and then add in the other pagan and neopagan varities which aren't wiccan.

And then the comments people make. One asks the same basic question I'm asking but refers to Wiccan 'orgies' in their back yard. They are not 'orgies', but ceremony, and unless you call all faiths ceremony an orgy then be respectful. We don't tell others what they should do.

I think we should protect HUMAN rights to be who you are and live a satisfying life. If you are gay and your religion says to hate yourself then you need to make some decisions. But if you say religion, its all of them and human rights trump the rules of religions.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies