Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 05:08 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
What religious rights need to be protected??? Your religious views belong in your church and in your home, period. Once you step out into society, you're going to have to share that society with those who don't agree with your religious views, whether you like it or not.
Agreed! But that should not be extended to the point where an entrepreneur is compelled, on threat of financial ruin, to violate the ethical and moral standards within his/her own conscience, whether those values are based upon religion or not.

The recent actions against bridal salons, caterers, etc, by a handful of militants within the LGBT camp are nothing more than a cheap shot intended for monetary gain.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:08 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
As a slightly Right leaning non religious Independent i'll go with the Gays. They're confused but not as confused as Religious zealots.

A lot of people that support equal rights for Gays aren't Gay What makes you think Gays are confused?

Old 05-07-2015, 05:43 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Agreed! But that should not be extended to the point where an entrepreneur is compelled, on threat of financial ruin, to violate the ethical and moral standards within his/her own conscience, whether those values are based upon religion or not.

The recent actions against bridal salons, caterers, etc, by a handful of militants within the LGBT camp are nothing more than a cheap shot intended for monetary gain.
And if their moral and ethical standards within their own conscience say they shouldn't sell wedding cakes to interracial couples? or couples of different religions? or maybe not to say black people at all? Or here's a good one, since it's actually explicitly prohibited in the Bible - to divorced people who want to get married again, for the second or third or fourth time?

If you make wedding cakes, sell them to whoever wants them. And don't be a sanctimonious hypocrite about it being against your religion.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:46 PM

105 posts, read 106,370 times
I love Homosexual people. I just don't agree with what they believe, I believe it is important to keep marriage between Man and Woman since that was originally written.

I am Christian, and I base my beliefs on what my Bible says.

The True Christians are not the ones condemning homosexuals or saying they should die. Were called to love our neighbors, but other than that, I'm sure you can still care for someone even though you don't believe the same thing.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And if their moral and ethical standards within their own conscience say they shouldn't sell wedding cakes to interracial couples? or couples of different religions? or maybe not to say black people at all? Or here's a good one, since it's actually explicitly prohibited in the Bible - to divorced people who want to get married again, for the second or third or fourth time?

If you make wedding cakes, sell them to whoever wants them. And don't be a sanctimonious hypocrite about it being against your religion.
So if a Gay couple comes to a Christian Bakery and orders a cake with two men on it, the bakery should have no choice?

Old 05-07-2015, 05:52 PM

BTW, on the Upcoming Federal ruling on Gay marriage. I think they should leave for the States to rule instead of the government mandating it.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:53 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
So if a Gay couple comes to a Christian Bakery and orders a cake with two men on it, the bakery should have no choice?
What is a "Christian Bakery"?

Old 05-07-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What is a "Christian Bakery"?
A Bakery Ran by Christians.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:01 PM
AFP

Quote:
I love Homosexual people. I just don't agree with what they believe, I believe it is important to keep marriage between Man and Woman since that was originally written.

I am Christian, and I base my beliefs on what my Bible says.

The True Christians are not the ones condemning homosexuals or saying they should die. Were called to love our neighbors, but other than that, I'm sure you can still care for someone even though you don't believe the same thing.
What's makes you think that all homosexual people believe the same thing?

Marriage existed in ancient Greece and Rome before Christianity it wasn't invented by Christians it isn't a religious ceremony. Christian marriages came later.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 PM
AFP

Quote:
BTW, on the Upcoming Federal ruling on Gay marriage. I think they should leave for the States to rule instead of the government mandating it.
Yep everyone is free to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies