Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 03:35 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Please stop... the KKK is not a branch of Christianity. It's just not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^Exactly! In fact, Christians loudly condemned the KKK and many marched with the freedom riders, thus putting their own lives on the line.
They certainly claim to be the rightful owners of Protestant Christianity and at one point were well represented in the United State Congress.

And did neither of you see me quote the spectrum of Islamic scholarship that condemned terrorism and terrorist groups?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 03:38 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Islam has no place in western civilization.

If it were up to me I'd ship every last one of them back home where they could enjoy wife beating, hanging gays from lamp posts after church and don't forget the family honor killings.
Has no place in many eastern civilizations either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17lAVteRKk bunch of freakin savages.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Please... they can say want they want... The goals and desires, and the means by which they undertake their efforts, is NOT Christian.

Do you see how I am interacting here? It is offensive to even consider them as Christian - despite their claims.

I am not a pastor or leader - just a rank and file nobody who follows Christ. The suggestion that the KKK is Christian is ludicrous.

This is what would be more comforting to me - if more rank and file Islamists outwardly detests all that AL Qaeda/ISIS represents. If they value their religion, it should almost be a reflex action to oppose the violent means undertaken by Al Qaeda/ISIS.
What more do you want? I've quoted all of the scholars you asked me to quote, provided an open letter to Baghdadi that was *literally* signed by almost every reputable Islamic scholar in the world condemning him and his group, and have asked you to attend a local Mosque and ask the "rank and file" about their thoughts on the issue. Maybe you just don't know many of the rank and file?

I can tell you that I do know a lot of them. And I have not met or heard from one person who doesn't condemn killing civilians and terrorism. That's including spending time in some of the most conservative Islamic countries in the world as well as here in the States.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:58 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
She pulled the trigger... ? I don't think so.

She has the power to control him with her words... ? I don't think so.

Many sympathizers out there... Probably more sympathizers than people of Islam against this behavior.
First with her contest she made the guy convert and radicalize. Then it made him buy illegal weapons and ammo.
Then made him travel from Arizona to Texas and got him killed. That's my liberal logic anyway.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:00 PM

22,447 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post

And did neither of you see me quote the spectrum of Islamic scholarship that condemned terrorism and terrorist groups?
As other said, why is it that those you say are condemning terrorism are not more prominent in the public eye? You would think that they would be household names.

On the flip side, there are brave Muslims who speak out and have fatwas put on them. Yet all those so-called moderate peace-loving Muslims leave them twisting in the wind. They won't back them up in any way, shape or form. Now why is that?

Old 05-07-2015, 04:03 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Has no place in many eastern civilizations either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17lAVteRKk bunch of freakin savages.
Here's the thing though--the Taliban(who are Muslims) blew up those statues--though they were preserved by Afghans for years who were also mostly all Muslims(there hasn't been Buddhists in Afghanistan since the 11th Century). It was the Taliban(who were Pashtun outsiders) who destroyed the statues, but the native Shiite Hazara of the Bamiyan region, who saw the statues as part of their local culture history.

Disputes damage hopes of rebuilding Afghanistan

Things aren't often as black and white though as "they're all savages" when you're talking about over a billion people. It's like saying "all white people are evil" based on the exploits of conquistadors or Adolf Hitler.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
As other said, why is it that those you say are condemning terrorism are not more prominent in the public eye? You would think that they would be household names.

On the flip side, there are brave Muslims who speak out and have fatwas put on them. Yet all those so-called moderate peace-loving Muslims leave them twisting in the wind. They won't back them up in any way, shape or form. Now why is that?
Media. They will show what they want to show...it's obvious that nearly the entire gammut of Islamic scholarship is against terrorism and I can link you to so many lectures that it would take you months to finish them. These people post their videos on youtube and try to spread the message as much as possible both to Muslims and the general public but if the media doesn't want to show this (and they don't, rather they'd like to pick up some self-trained imbecile like Chaudhry) than the myth perpetuates that were some how condoning this crap. We're not.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:38 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It is time we take a stand against this evil religion that wants to tell Americans what we can and cannot do or say.
Hey, we're a big nation we can just add them to the list. What's a few more intolerant asswipes?

By the way, you may not have noticed but well before 2011, we've been "standing up" to the evil religion mostly by killing its adherents.

Terrorist attacks IN America based upon FBI statistics 1980-2005

Old 05-07-2015, 04:54 PM

595 posts, read 368,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I probably know more about Islam than the average person (such as yourself), who appear to know nothing except the "religion of peace" lie. This may be just one man; but, he echos many, many, more like him, whom I have also heard. What he believes is what Islam teaches, and it is right from their "holy book," the Quran. He only says what is in that book.

Secondly, Islam has been doing this for 1400 years. Since it's inception, they have been attacking Jews and Christians. They teach that Jews and Christians are pigs. They have attacked the Western World (as represented by Christianity) since the beginning, which is what ultimately led to the Crusades, because of the threat of annihilation. Country after country had fallen to the jihadists, and millions had been slaughtered.
This man was the former head of the CIA's Bin Laden unit, Michael Scheuer. Mr. Scheuer is an expert on the Islamic terror movements.

The Jihad chooses to attack the U.S. due to U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East, that is an indisputable fact. It is the same reason they attack the UK, and France, and others that choose to support tyranny in the Middle East, and needless interventions that have killed thousands and have destabilized the Middle East.

The Spanish did the exact same thing in the Americas, along with the other European powers. They believed they were superior, and forced millions to convert to Christianity under the threat of death, and killed millions. Islam during this time period was a Caliphate, and like all empires they seek to expand. This is no different than the Romans, Russians, or British. Wars ensued over control between the European powers, and the Caliphate.

Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are related, and no they have not been at war forever. That is utter nonsense. Look at Palestine before the 1948 War, where Christians, Jews, and Muslims all lived side by side peacefully. The Jihad going on now has little if anything to do with the Crusades.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:02 PM

22,447 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Media. They will show what they want to show...it's obvious that nearly the entire gammut of Islamic scholarship is against terrorism and I can link you to so many lectures that it would take you months to finish them. These people post their videos on youtube and try to spread the message as much as possible both to Muslims and the general public but if the media doesn't want to show this (and they don't, rather they'd like to pick up some self-trained imbecile like Chaudhry) than the myth perpetuates that were some how condoning this crap. We're not.
Well...gee...the lamestream media is biased to the left these days. You would think, given that, all these people you mention would be getting lots of press.

These Muslims can speak out all they want but since the so-called "moderate peace-loving" Muslims don't back them up but instead leave them twisting in the wind, then this is all for naught.

Given that you also wrote :"...the myth perpetuates that were[sic] some how[sic] condoning this crap. We're not". I take it that you are Muslim? If so, do you stand behind those who speak up or do you leave them twisting in the wind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies