Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 12:37 PM

622 posts, read 527,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Eh?

There is no such thing as a "peaceful Muslim."
I have a friend who's a Muslim and I can tell you, he's very peaceful. So much so that he won't even kill a mosquito in spite of being bitten during the warm seasons. He's also a vegetarian since he doesn't think that an animal should have to give up its life just because he's hungry.

In fact, he's one of the most peaceful people I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 01:11 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
I have a friend who's a Muslim and I can tell you, he's very peaceful. So much so that he won't even kill a mosquito in spite of being bitten during the warm seasons. He's also a vegetarian since he doesn't think that an animal should have to give up its life just because he's hungry.

In fact, he's one of the most peaceful people I know.
These little Kumbaya anecdotes are completely meaningless.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Exactly. There are plenty of Christian hate groups that are just as fanatical and dangerous as the fringe element that makes up the majority of ISIS and al-Qeada. Wasn't Timothy McVeigh a fervent member of the ultra-racist World Church of the Creator?

I dated a Muslim girl who had a heart bigger than the majority of Christians I know. She was just as sickened as I was when 9/11 occurred and does not consider the extremist Shi'ite factions adherents of the Muslim faith in the slightest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Yeah, you see those evil Baptists and Methodists out cutting people's heads off every weekend. To say nothing of the Episcopalian suicide bombers, those guys are really evil.

I've known rocks that made more intelligent comments.
Terrorists perpetrating these evil deeds are not Muslims. They've just hijacked the Islamic religion to give credence to their crimes.

Annuvin is right and it's not beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that a Catholic hate group could appear and start quoting the worst verses from the Bible to justify their cause: Scary Bible Quotes, NIV

Old 05-14-2015, 09:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, Thank you for your opinion and I appreciate it. But my interpretation of the video is that there is cultural gap between older generation of Muslim and younger generation of Muslim. Younger generation of Muslims born and raised in the Western world have become more and more radicalized and many of these "changes" have very little to do with American or western foreign policy.

There are disturbing evidence of young Muslims adopting more fundamentalist beliefs on key social and political issues than their parents or grandparents.

Forty per cent of Muslims between the ages of 16 and 24 said they would prefer to live under sharia law in Britain, a legal system based on the teachings of the Koran. The figure among over-55s, in contrast, was only 17 per cent.

Young, British Muslims 'getting more radical' - Telegraph
The young are always more radical. In general they are going to approve of more radical ideas at 19 than they are at 39 concerning most everything.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Terrorists perpetrating these evil deeds are not Muslims. They've just hijacked the Islamic religion to give credence to their crimes.

Annuvin is right and it's not beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that a Catholic hate group could appear and start quoting the worst verses from the Bible to justify their cause: Scary Bible Quotes, NIV
There's ignorance and then there's monumental willfull desperate ignorance and claiming these people aren't Muslims certainly qualifies. You should get a certificate to hang on the wall.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:58 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The young are always more radical. In general they are going to approve of more radical ideas at 19 than they are at 39 concerning most everything.
Therefore, it is a big concern for the Europeans. No?

Not sure what point are you trying to make.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:22 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To say Islam is evil is to say that cars are evil because people die in car wrecks. There are far far more Muslims here that would never consider harming anyone than the few that have jumped head first into the shallow end.

Seriously........one extreme here isn't much better than the other.

If someone is willing to break our laws they should be dealt with. Millions of others shouldn't be lumped in over their actions.
hmmmmmm

weeeeeellllllll

if Toyotas and Fords and Buicks and BMWs and Lexi were all involved in accidents at the same rate, then well there you go.. your assessment of the situation would be perfect....

simi

colon

however

comma

what we have is the Yugo blowing up while no one is dying in Fords, Toyotas and Lexi are all quite safe...

Old 05-15-2015, 12:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Therefore, it is a big concern for the Europeans. No?

Not sure what point are you trying to make.
Big? No. The youth rarely do anything to make what they say they want to actually happen.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
There's ignorance and then there's monumental willfull desperate ignorance and claiming these people aren't Muslims certainly qualifies. You should get a certificate to hang on the wall.
Here's an article about Rohingyas, a Muslim ethnic group trying to escape persecution in Myanmar who are victims of human traffickers who used to smuggle them through Thailand. But after mass graves were discovered in Thailand a crackdown ensued and now the Thai navy has orders not to allow smugglers boats to land.

In the following BBC News report which contains a video, a fishing boat packed with at least 150 Rohingya refugees was discovered off the coast of Thailand and had been drifting for at least a week without food or water and these poor souls were drinking their own urine even. The daily temperature in Thailand averages around 34C (93F) during the winter months and 38C (100F) in the summer. Migrants rescued from sinking boat off Indonesia's Aceh - BBC News

Do you feel threatened by these people?

Old 05-15-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Here's an article about Rohingyas, a Muslim ethnic group trying to escape persecution in Myanmar who are victims of human traffickers who used to smuggle them through Thailand. But after mass graves were discovered in Thailand a crackdown ensued and now the Thai navy has orders not to allow smugglers boats to land.

In the following BBC News report which contains a video, a fishing boat packed with at least 150 Rohingya refugees was discovered off the coast of Thailand and had been drifting for at least a week without food or water and these poor souls were drinking their own urine even. The daily temperature in Thailand averages around 34C (93F) during the winter months and 38C (100F) in the summer. Migrants rescued from sinking boat off Indonesia's Aceh - BBC News

Do you feel threatened by these people?
I guess you definitely failed Logic 101. This has zero to do with the fact that the terrorists we've been talking about are Muslim. It's a typical leftist attempt at distraction or redirection. I realize it works on the low rent drones that are readily misled by leftist cant but it doesn't work on anyone with the slightest shred of knowledge or intellect, and it certainly doesn't work on me. You've reached the desperation point of just throwing stuff against the wall to see if it will stick because you have so clearly and repeatedly failed to make any kind of case.

Unlike you, I actually know quite a bit about Muslims. I have lived in Muslim countries, traveled to Muslim countries, have friends and colleagues that are Muslims. None of that alters the fact that the majority of terrorist acts committed around the world are committed by Muslims and that they get support, sometime tacit from many other Muslims. To say that these terrorists are not really Muslim is the most foolish kind of apologetics that can be imagined. It only reveals that you're a parrot for those idiots in the White House that are trying to blow this off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies