Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 09:07 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't think most in this thread are taking your position.
Certainly not most of the liberal posters. They seem to take comments about violence committed by specific Muslims as an attack on all Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 09:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Certainly not most of the liberal posters. They seem to take comments about violence committed by specific Muslims as an attack on all Muslims.
Many are doing just that IMO.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:12 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,484 times
"All I need to know about Islam I learned on 9/11/2001.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Others can say "All I need to know about the U.S. I learned on 8/19/1953".

Old 05-07-2015, 09:20 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Well then you didn't learn Islam. You learned about what politically motivated groups can do when they cherry-pick from religion to justify heinous crimes.

Also read more in to this...every reputable Islamic scholar in the world condemned 9/11. Reputable meaning they were educated and trained at proper Islamic seminaries (Azhar, Medina, Dar-Uloom) through the Doctorate level and have had practical application as being a scholar. Take it as no coincidence that OBL and Ayman Zawahari were self-trained scholars whom took positions on scripture that no other scholar could see.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have to be fair here. It doesn't seem to me that all Muslims take the route you are laying out here.

Now as far as hijacking a belief for no other reason than an excuse to try and justify your actions, I agree with you. Many will do just that.

Condemn others to death for not strictly abiding by their version of the Koran but yet completely ignore it when they go rampaging.

edit: you added to your reply and rather than quote it all I will just say that its a good example of what you are saying.
I agree with what you're saying here but really when reading in to the "violent" verses of the Quran...once the context is understood it's not what a cherry-picked verse really says.

An example that a lot of folks throw at me is the Quran states, "And kill them (disbelievers) whereever you may find them." Ok...first off the context of the revelation of this verse was in the course of a battle, meaning that the soldiers fighting in the battle should kill their enemies...not that some random Muslim should approach some random non-believing civilian and kill them in the streets. Secondly if you read the verse just after this one, it states in paraphrase "until they no longer take arms against you", meaning that if they surrender than it no longer permissible for you to kill them and you should accept their raising of the white flag.

Now what will organization like Al-Qaeda and people like Pam Geller do? Cherry-pick the verse, provide no context, won't provide the following verse and say, "See...in Islam it's the Muslim's duty to kill non-believers!!!!".

Old 05-07-2015, 09:34 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Islam has no place in western civilization.

If it were up to me I'd ship every last one of them back home where they could enjoy wife beating, hanging gays from lamp posts after church and don't forget the family honor killings.
This ^^^

The ignorance, denials, and cowardliness of the Muslim apologists is appalling. This is exactly how Nazism got such a gradual and powerful foothold.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This ^^^

The ignorance, denials, and cowardliness of the Muslim apologists is appalling. This is exactly how Nazism got such a gradual and powerful foothold.
The irony here is unbelievable. Actually it is the prejudiced and bigoted stance of smearing entire massive groups of people that led to Nazism. They used the same reasoning, "Jews have no place in Western Society", "Jews only want to circumvent and control our people, "Jews are the anti-thesis to German values"....

Old 05-07-2015, 09:57 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The irony here is unbelievable. Actually it is the prejudiced and bigoted stance of smearing entire massive groups of people that led to Nazism. They used the same reasoning, "Jews have no place in Western Society", "Jews only want to circumvent and control our people, "Jews are the anti-thesis to German values"....
So wait... are you actually saying Americans are the offenders by claiming Islam has no place in the US?

Old 05-07-2015, 09:57 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Islam has no place in western civilization.

If it were up to me I'd ship every last one of them back home where they could enjoy wife beating, hanging gays from lamp posts after church and don't forget the family honor killings.
Something in that 'religion' prevents thinking to go past about 1300 years ago....they are not welcome here with their evil thinking. Yes I know some Muslims if not most are good people and I wish them well but how do you trust those guys when so many of their brethren will kill people over a cartoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies