Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 08:42 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
sorry but I don't listen to rush limpballs

but I am Army retired after 26 years in service, and a federal employee with a TS security clearance

I DO understand that he violated his job, and his loyalty to his country

he took this oath:

and at the time of his job (right up till a few days ago)it WAS constitutional, his JOB and OATH was to do the JOB and bear true faith and allegiance to HIS COUNTRY who is employing him

not LIE and take the JOB just to find out secrets to ILLEGALLY reveal them....he is a TRAITOR...he DID subversive acts against his country and his security clearance

My father was also career military retired AF,and my late husband was a Vietnam vet,and there was no way in hell that either of them wanted my son to go into the military,and he had sense enough to not even consider it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 08:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why do you ignore the most important part of the oath? "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."
These were indeed un Constitutional actions he exposed.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:56 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Odd, to me the traitors are those who illegally spy on us.
1. define illegal...99% of the time liberals wont even use that term...they prefer 'undocumented'

2 up until a few days ago it was legal

3. traitor:: a person who is not loyal to his or her own country, friends, etc. : a person who betrays a country or group of people by helping or supporting an enemy

4. Clinton Administration Deputy Attorney General Jamie S. Gorelick: "(T)he Department Of Justice Believes, And The Case Law Supports, That The President Has Inherent Authority To Conduct Warrantless Physical Searches and wiretaps For Foreign Intelligence Purposes And That The President May, As Has Been Done, Delegate This Authority To The Attorney General." (Deputy Attorney General Jamie S. Gorelick, Permanent Select Committee On Intelligence, U.S. House Of Representatives, Testimony, 7/14/94)

Clinton, Gore & Company, who constituted the most wiretap-friendly administration in U.S. history, essentially sought to eliminate the requirement of a warrant for searches from the Fourth Amendment. The president claimed to possess "inherent authority to conduct warrant-less searches for foreign intelligence purposes." The administration required public-housing residents to sign away their constitutional right that authorities procure a warrant to search their dwellings and personal property. The Justice Department backed warrant-less (indeed, suspicion-less) drug tests for high-school athletes. The administration requested greater FBI authority to conduct "roving wiretaps," without a court order. In the same way, Clinton-Gore officials pushed the Communications Assistance Act, which required telephone companies to retrofit their systems to ease police surveillance, supported restrictions on the sale of Internet encryption technology, and requested legislation forcing firms to give the government the "keys" to such technology.

whether you agree with the searches, or not...whether you 'think' they are legal or illegal...it was NOT SNOWDENS JOB to VIOLATE his oath and conditions of employment.... he is therefore a traitor

President Obama's Justice Department has adopted a legal stance identical to, if not more aggressive than, the previos POTUS's versions. It argues that the court-forced disclosure of the surveillance programs would cause "exceptional harm to national security" by exposing intelligence sources and methods.

----------------------

The criminal charges against Snowden ..cited 18 U.S.C. 641 Theft of Government Property, ....18 U.S.C. 793(d) Unauthorized Communication of National Defense Information, and 18 U.S.C. 798(a)(3) Willful Communication of Classified Intelligence Information to an Unauthorized Person; .......
the second and third charges fall under the Espionage Act for “giving national defense information to someone without a security clearance and revealing classified information about communications intelligence,”

according to 18 U.S.C. § 798, “Whoever knowingly and willfully furnishes, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States any classified information” is guilty of espionage."........ It is beyond comprehension that Snowden did not know he was “knowingly and willfully” making available classified information or he would not have went into hiding

U.S. Code is quite clear .....Snowden did, indeed, break the law as well as abuse his security clearance....(((( According to top intelligence officials’ report, the NSA programs Snowden exposed to the world “helped foil more than 50 terrorist plots since Sept. 11, including one to blow up the New York Stock Exchange” ))))...so he aided the enemy.......hurt the USA in our fight against these extremist terrorists

Snowden broke his covenant with the government when he knowingly revealed sensitive information to “unauthorized persons”

a criminal violating three U.S. Code statutes is certainly not what I would call a hero

Old 05-08-2015, 09:03 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
sorry but I don't listen to rush limpballs

but I am Army retired after 26 years in service, and a federal employee with a TS security clearance

I DO understand that he violated his job, and his loyalty to his country

he took this oath:

and at the time of his job (right up till a few days ago)it WAS constitutional, his JOB and OATH was to do the JOB and bear true faith and allegiance to HIS COUNTRY who is employing him

not LIE and take the JOB just to find out secrets to ILLEGALLY reveal them....he is a TRAITOR...he DID subversive acts against his country and his security clearance
a little light reading for you;

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fourth_amendment

you will find that the NSA has indeed violated the fourth amendment in many o the things they were doing, and even though the patriot acts lowered the bar for obtaining electronic search warrants, it did not abrogate the fourth amendment, which the NSA has routinely violated.

when we allow secret courts to issue secret warrants, on suspect evidence, we violate the fourth amendment.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:06 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Ah sadly that is true, and the balless apathetic Americans we have become, allow such a government....WHY????
Because people stupidly say, "If you aren't doing anything wrong, why do you care if they spy on you?" and agree that it's a GREAT idea in order to "catch terrorists". Doesn't matter that all of their spying hasn't caught diddly squat.

Oh, and I agree, Snowden is a big positive to this country. It's astounding that anyone would call him a traitor.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
1. define illegal...99% of the time liberals wont even use that term...they prefer 'undocumented'
I see you don't really want to discuss this.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:12 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I see you don't really want to discuss this.
so you just stopped at my corny sense of humor....try reading the rest of it

Old 05-08-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
so you just stopped at my corny sense of humor....try reading the rest of it
It was an attempt to demean (needlessly as I have never supported illegal immigration) because that's all you have. Feel free to start over.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Because people stupidly say, "If you aren't doing anything wrong, why do you care if they spy on you?" and agree that it's a GREAT idea in order to "catch terrorists". Doesn't matter that all of their spying hasn't caught diddly squat.
the reality is that we dont know who or what they caught because they dont report any of that.

Quote:
Oh, and I agree, Snowden is a big positive to this country. It's astounding that anyone would call him a traitor.
that depends on what other secrets snowden has divulged to the chinese and russians. if it was only the extent of the NSA spying, then he may very well be a hero, but if he divulged anything more than what unconstitutional programs the NSA had going on, then he indeed is a traitor.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:11 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why do you ignore the most important part of the oath? "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."
Because he is career military, and apparently it is more important to him to follow orders than it is to consider the bigger issues.

Hey I get it. In the military one cannot be questioning every order, especially on a battlefield. But Snowden wasnt on a battlefield. Except maybe the battlefield for the soul of America.

Got a short story to tell. A couple of 4th of July's ago, the one after the controversy broke, there was an entry in our little 4th of July parade. One of our townspeople painted up his van with slogans critical of the NSA and the administration. (wish I had the chops to publish one of the photos I took of that van) Well, one of the papers published a letter from a vet who proclaimed that such a float should not have been permitted to enter the parade because it was unamerican, unpatriotic, and an insult to the people of this country. Needless to say, I and others of like mind had letters published in the paper reminding the high and mighty one that there was no more appropriate place for the expression of first amendment rights than our Independence Day parade.

workingclasshero, God bless you for your service, but just because you are a vet does not mean your's is the only opinion that matters. Several of us have pointed out the protect and defend clauses of those oaths you hold so dear and you refuse to engage on that issue, instead repeating incessantly your opinion that Snowden is a traitor. Our government has been spying on us citizens without proper oversight, and even without congressional authorization. That's not how it works here. That's not how it works in a free society. That's not how it works under the constitution. I love my country too, as do most people I run across, live or internet. I have no doubt Snowden loves Ameerica too. Enough so that he has given up everything in order to reveal the blatant disregard that the NSA and he Administration have for our rights as citizens under the constitution.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated
, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Whaddaya think? Were the Founding Fathers clear enough on the matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies