Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 07:45 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,421,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
For everyone who thinks the police really did a bad thing to Mr. Gray, your prosecutor has hosed up the case against the police and your side is almost certainly going to suffer the consequences.

For everyone who thinks the police officers were getting railroaded for political reasons, the prosecutor has shot herself in the foot and your side will almost certainly benefit from her mistakes.

For everyone, what really happened to Mr. Gray may never be truly known because people with agendas improperly involved themselves in what should have been an objective search for the truth.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:24 AM

2,681 posts, read 2,165,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I expect the Judge at the preliminary hearing to hold this over for trial and find there is probable cause.
I agree with that, tho I'm not so sure that the murder charge will make it thru a motion to dismiss after the State's case. I think its a close call, and a lot depends on the evidence presented re the circumstances of the arrest, and re the post-arrest actions of the BP in light of the Department's standard policies.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:28 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,597,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
People who have already decided this case may be in for a rude shock.
Freddie Gray murder charge could be dropped, say officials | Daily Mail Online
It has been my belief from the beginning that the charges against them were put out for one purpose.. to get those that didn't do anything to cause his death, to open up and point out those that did (have anything to do with his death.)

So far, that strategy hasn't worked... That may be because nobody did anything wrong? It could be, as again, I've stated from the start, he inflicted this to himself - either to make himself appear to be roughed up by police or - more plausible, because he couldn't breathe.

If he got into the paddy wagon and started thrashing around in anger of his arrest (that I still say was NOT justified - it was a pocket knife - not an unlawful switchblade) - he was trying to rough himself up to become the next 'victim of a racist police force'. He inflicted enough pain to himself that he wasn't able to breathe, and thrashed around some more BECAUSE HE COULDN'T BREATHE - to get attention so aid could be provided - thus eventually breaking his own neck.

I'm betting that NOBODY will REALLY know how this happened. It's a shame that it did happen at all... But you can rest assured that of the 6 officers that are accused of his death, if any of them DIDN'T do anything and saw the one/ones that did, THEY'D TALK.... which, as I stated in my opening, is what I thought was happening from the beginning of their being charged...

Old 05-08-2015, 08:36 AM

1,077 posts, read 865,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I agree with that, tho I'm not so sure that the murder charge will make it thru a motion to dismiss after the State's case. I think its a close call, and a lot depends on the evidence presented re the circumstances of the arrest, and re the post-arrest actions of the BP in light of the Department's standard policies.
Once the SA or one of her prosecutors show their evidence to support a depraved heart murder, it might just stick.

I believe it's the totality of the evidence, starting from the initial take down which gotten progressively worse from there, during the 45 minute ride.

Not getting FG medical attention for the 5 or 6 stops, each officer at one point or another checked on FG, one who talked to the back of FG's head ( the female), the other who said he's suffering from jailitis, would support a depraved murder conviction. FGs injuries got progressively worse during this ride.

The driver who asked for FG to be buckled in, should have gotten off his ass and buckled him in himself. He is charged with the depraved murder for he was in charge of the transports to be transported safely and with due care.

Last edited by Amythyst; 05-08-2015 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: added sentence

Old 05-08-2015, 08:49 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,784,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
But let me guess, Fox News does count?
As opposed to the CNN or (P)MSNBC, or the rest of the DemSM, absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You should do a little research before making a fool of yourself. Freddie Grey's injuries couldn't have been self-inflicted. They are, however, entirely consistent with a "rough ride" which is something the BPD has become known for. They've settled lawsuits over it and paralyzed at least one person in the past. They only secure the suspect's wrists and drive erratically so as to throw the suspect around and give them no way to prevent injury. Freddie Grey's spinal injury was caused by a single impact with an object like the bolts protruding inside the back of the police van he was put in, unsecured.
You should be a little less of a dupe. The others in the wagon with him had no such injuries.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:50 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,784,365 times
Quote:
Decades? How about more than a century. The Daily Mail has been in business since 1896 and is the UK's second largest paper. It's website has a higher readership than the ratings of any of the MSM cable news outlets in the USA. So it more than meets all of your qualifications.
Indeed. These sniveling leftists usually love foreign news sources.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:51 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,069,988 times
Question. I saw four male officers in the video, as they put Freddie in the van. Why are the two female officers charged? What did they allegedly do?

Mick

Old 05-08-2015, 08:53 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,069,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds333 View Post
"Deliberately strap him in"... LOL I guess you've never been in the back of a Baltimore paddy wagon. They don't strap anyone in- they just throw them in there cuffed and if they slide around they could care less. Many times detainees will be sitting in the van for hours waiting while the van drives around to different stations picking up prisoners for the ride to central booking. They are in no hurry to get there either. The rights of the detainee aren't on anyone's minds, they could care less how long you wait. Some people sit in central booking for days waiting to see the commissioner, even those who get ROR or who eventually get the charges dropped. Many for nothing more than "loitering" (aka "walking down the street in a particular area during an election year") And once you get to central booking you get to sit in a cell made to hold 3 or 4 people, packed with up to a dozen, for days sometimes, so you have to lay down on the floor that's caked with months worth of **** and other bodily fluids that they hardly ever clean, with a dozen other guys and no toilet paper, and a toilet that may or may not be broken, the whole time you get to listen to hundreds of ghetto individuals yelling and carrying on all night and day, in a cell that reeks of ****, **** and body odor with no clock or TV or anything to do or read other than your charging documents, while you wait for the commissioner to see you. If they didn't take your hoodie you can use that for a pillow, if they did you're stuck trying to sleep on your hands or directly on the **** covered concrete or metal bench; if you're really lucky and it's a slow time of the week you might actually get to stretch out all the way. If you have steel-toe boots or certain models of Timberlands they will take them so you cant beat someone else to death with them, and put you in there in your socks or bare feet, adding to the disgusting smells floating around. Needless to say, by the time you get out your clothes are soiled beyond redemption. If by chance you might happen to have some medical condition or injury, they tell you "you can go to the hospital if you want, but that's just going to delay your processing, so when you get back here you'll have to start waiting all over again" and guess what, most people will just ignore whatever minor injury they have so they don't have to endure that filthy cell a minute longer, and if they should have an open wound that requires stitches, they will give them a band-aid and they can just sit there and bleed all over the cell and subject all the other detainees who visit that cell that month to whatever bloodbourne pathogens they might have. Its no surprise that dozens if not hundreds of people get tuberculosis and hepatitis and god knows what else from that place every year, from a stay of less than 72 hours, for a charge they get ROR'd on. But that's Baltimore for you!
Wow, wow, wow. What's wrong with using the button on your keyboard labeled "return" or "enter"?

Mick

Old 05-08-2015, 08:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,889,996 times
Quote:
Haven't watched Fox in years as I don't have a cable subscription. Waste of money. So you fail on that particular attempt at insult. But I will add that Fox is no better than the rest of the MSM. You should take lesson on that.

Seems to me the only one attempting to win the fool of the day award is anyone who argues the case where no detailed evidence has been released and thus argues assumption, opinion and fallacy as fact. You win at this, but you again failed at another attempt at insult.

My recommendation. Try sticking to the topic instead of making it about the messenger. You demonstrate perfectly what happens when you vary from that.
Lot's of truth in that! +5 for you Waldo.

One other thing, if it's decided that a "rough ride" was in fact the culprit then that'd make 1 (one) cop guilty of something as only 1 (one) person can drive a vehicle at a time.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:54 AM

222 posts, read 184,882 times
I heard an audio of where they tried to get him medical attention but no one showed up. Meaning it was called in after about the time of the first or second stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies