Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 08:35 PM

5,851 posts, read 3,274,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Watch for more of this.

Illegal arrest..............nope, that one should go also.

This case will be picked apart............both before trial, and then whatever little is left, during the trial.
Yup. Plus two separate investigations. Creating reasonable doubt. Change of venue. The handwriting is on the wall!! The lynching will not happen!!

Old 05-08-2015, 08:41 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,549,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Nothing is further from the truth ... so I'll break it down
We have gotten to where we actually have an introduction script in our manual.. a checklist of what we are required to say in every static contact

Polite greeting
Identify self ..department ..and station.
Clearly state reason for contact
Obtain citizens credentials and document
Clearly state intended purpose.. cordial contact.. counseling.. cite or arrest
Clearly state how situation will be handled by citizen
Ask citizen if they have any questions
Polite salutation
Leave citizen safe

Fine example, Bravo.... Here is a video of the Police Manual "Short Version" Greeting.

http://www.wmdt.com/news/more-local-...ident/32868164

Old 05-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yup. Plus two separate investigations. Creating reasonable doubt. Change of venue. The handwriting is on the wall!! The lynching will not happen!!

Start planning the "Welcome Home" Party.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:45 PM

304 posts, read 323,440 times
I thought that they would charge the driver with manslaughter, only because in most cases with a murder charge you have to prove intent, which in this case you would have to show the driver intended to kill Freddi Gray. Maybe he didn't intend to hurt Gray at all, and was just negligent in his care for Gray. Either way I think the charge will be reduced to manslaughter.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
I posted this on another thread about the same subject and it explains why the Baltimore prosecutor's case is in jeopardy:

Ummm, I'm already hearing from my sources that the prosecution of the police is coming apart.
And I posted in answer that its not what I heard here, in Maryland. The Defense is very worried. Some think they will try to make a deal for lesser time as best option.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
As a city employee I'm wondering why he would risk his reputation career and pension (he was working for BPD for over 20 years with no intentions of advancing - just going to get a check) why he would risk all of that for FREDDIE GRAY. That doesn't add up
I don't think there was any Malice on his part. I think he viewed it as "Normal" in his work, and has always done the same thing. From what he claimed, he said he did contact the Arresting Officers and had them meet him to ascertain if Medical attention was needed. Nothing was done on several stops.

If he had more value for human life, he would have called HQ himself, and requested a Medic or ambulance, or carried Freddy to an Emergency Center himself, especially on his last "check" stop where Freddie was unresponsive. He would not have continued to another call and prisoner pick up. This is where he picked up that "Depraved Heart" Murder charge.

I understand no one is going to say he killed Freddy. They will present enough evidence to show he "Let" him die, when he had a more than reasonable knowledge that Freddy was very severely injured and was asking for help.

On can say what they want, but that's a pretty powerful presentation, and is not dependent on what kind of person Freddy was or what he was guilty of. That's what the Jury will be asked to consider.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Get your tissues ready. You will be crying!
That's forthem to work out. Doesn't matter to me either way. I don't live in Baltimore, and have a 70" HD Flat Screen that shows fires and blinking blue lights as if you where right there.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
She overcharged this case. She will never get that murder charge against the driver. She will be very lucky if she gets a manslaughter. A political bs lynching!!
I think she has a good chance of that charge sticking. The Driver is the one who had the ultimate control of Freddy's life in his hands. He new he was severely injured, he knew he asked for Medical help, he knew he was unconscious at the last stop to check on him, yet went to another call and pickup.

Its not a Political lynching. Its seeking justice for needless and callous death of a man.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:04 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,924,043 times
Murder charges against Freddie Gray cops may be DROPPED because findings don't support the case!

Very good! I did not think they should have been charged to begin with.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:29 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,781,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Murder charges against Freddie Gray cops may be DROPPED because findings don't support the case!

Very good! I did not think they should have been charged to begin with.
Well, that's what the headline says, but there is nothing in the story to indicate anyone other than the defense attorneys are proposing that theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.