Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 11:44 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Better let NAMBLA know that, or any child who grows up with homosexual "parents".
What??? Your post has nothing to do with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 11:54 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What??? Your post has nothing to do with this.
Yes it does. Do you think that homosexuals are perfectly acceptable to have relationships and raise children? If so then you shouldn't have any problem with Mary and Villi, or NAMBLA.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:15 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Note for the sake of accuracy that it is "Kay" not "Kate"

Old 05-13-2015, 12:22 AM

934 posts, read 595,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'd disagree with that as well. To be a pedophile, you have to have a strong predilection for sex with prepubescent children.

Pedophile is another oft-overused and wrongly used term.

It's a stretch to call her a pedophile at all (And I have no idea what the hell a pedofile is.. Sounds like something you'd use on your feet) since they started having sex when he was pubescent.. And to be a pedophile, the attraction to pre-pubescent children must be primary or exclusive.

Less of a stretch, would be to call her a Hebephile or Ephebophile.. But, again, it requires that to be the primary or exclusive attraction..

That being said.. Lord knows what is going on in her mind.. After all, you can be any of the above three without ever acting on them.
Correct, people often dont know what pedophile is.

Its hard to determine in her case because I believe she suffera from.bipolar disorder. The woman is crazy

Old 05-13-2015, 01:19 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Yes it does. Do you think that homosexuals are perfectly acceptable to have relationships and raise children? If so then you shouldn't have any problem with Mary and Villi, or NAMBLA.
Homosexuals followed the law unlike Mary Kay.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:07 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
What do you have against two people being together by mutual consent? How does it affect you personally?
I don't have anything against it. It doesn't affect me. The "wrong" and "immoral" reference was regarding how they were viewed back then.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Ask me if I care. Look she was the teacher and the adult. She showed very poor in mature judgement in in the situation. She set out to get him, and boy gosh, she got him.

They are still married, big deal, they get no brownie points from me. Regardless, she is what she is.

Does not make any damn difference if a 13 yr old wants to have sex with a older teacher of his. The adult in most cases, ought to have common sense. To bad there are many of these cases to go around and then some.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:16 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
For those curious

https://www.insideedition.com/mary-k...umentary-43734

Quote:
Mary Kay Letourneau has returned to the public eye via a documentary in which she defends her infamous relationship with a student.

"Mary Kay Letourneau: Autobiography" premiered Tuesday on A&E's Biography network, which sold the two-hour special as Letourneau's "most in-depth confessional" ever.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:20 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
So wrong, so immoral, yet they are celebrating 10 years of marriage and raising two beautiful daughters together. Real love? I can't personally relate, but what if she was the exception to the predator profile?

Mary Kay Letourneau, Vili Fualaau Introduce Teenage Daughters: Photo - Us Weekly

The Bio last night was very informative....no matter how she went about it, she still claims to this day it was a love affair. Her friend, a Seattle lawyer, backed her up as did others.

Very interesting to hear her side and Vili spoke as well.

She committed a crime, did the time so the past is over.

Right now Vili has filed for separation but they are hoping to work things out.m
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies