Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 10:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
self centered because we believe people should not be on welfare for life and that we do not believe
in a nanny state?
Then create a different economic system if you don't want a nanny state, because capitalism has no national allegiance and will work against you in it's face to the bottom.

Quote:
poor people dont create jobs. the wealthy do. Sorry you failed economics.
Sure they do. It's called supply and demand. The poor have to eat, be housed, and be fed, just like everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 10:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Mother: So little Johnny, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Little Johnny: I want to live off government handouts.

Wow, I never thought I would see the day when people act like it's something to be proud of to need other peoples money to survive.
LOL. Making up conversations?

Old 05-11-2015, 10:21 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOL. Making up conversations?
The fact that he thinks that could be a real conversation proves he is a lost cause on this issue. Some act like people on welfare get substantial amounts of money-it is meant to be supplemental and barely is that.

Corporate welfare, corporate bailouts, quantitative easing, foreign endeavors, and other policies written by the oligarch for the oligarch are the most substantial wastes by far and they are the true leeches. It always amazes me when people do not see this.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 05-11-2015 at 10:33 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 10:39 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
What do we have to show for the Corporate welfare? Republicans don't seem to have a problem with that do they? At least welfare recipients are spending the money in their communities.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:07 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No. Paraphrasing from a sermon I offered at church a couple of years ago.

But of course, for right-wingers, their religion is money so anything resembling actual human compassion and loving kindness would appear to them to be Marxism. Score another point for the right wing echo chamber.
A lot of hate and vitriol in that church sermon of yours.

Not to mention black and white thinking.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Whites get more welfare than black families ever have.
That's because there are a lot more whites than blacks in this country.

Blacks get a disproportionately high amount of welfare, because they are disproportionately qualified to get it.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Why don't right wingers just admit that it is all about money for them
Right ringers aren't the ones demanding money from other people.

It's the liberals and left wingers who do that.

So if it's all about money for anyone, it's all about money (other people's money) for liberals and left wingers.

Stop reaching into my pocket, thief! The world owes you nothing.
Quote:
and that moral concepts such as humane consideration for others isn't any concern of theirs?
What is humane about liberal policies that create government dependency, destroy the family, create illegitimacy, scar our inner cities, encourage crime and civil unrest, and create a permanent underclass?

All done very deliberately in order to expand the Democratic voter base...
Quote:
Why don't right wingers just admit that it is all about the comfort and luxury of the few for them?
It's all about comfort and luxury for those who have earned it. But it's also about other things, considering that conservatives are much more generous to charity than liberals.

BTW, when are you going to put your principles into action, and grab somebody else's hamburger while you're at a fast food restaurant?

Oh, you wouldn't do that? Why not?

How is it fair that they get to enjoy that hamburger all by themselves? Shouldn't they give you part of it? After all, they have the hamburger and you don't.

That isn't fair!
Quote:
Why don't right wingers just admit that poor people just pound sand for all they care?
Millions of legal immigrants come to this country with hardly any money and manage to make it on their own. This is the land of opportunity for those who care to take advantage of it.
Quote:
Could it be guilt? The right wing is so consistent and forceful about its indefensibly immoral perspective that it seems strange that guilt could motivate such silly rhetoric silliness on their part.
If you were a sophomore in college, I would give an A for B.S. and an F for content.

Last edited by dechatelet; 05-11-2015 at 11:45 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Why don't the Hollywood liberals give their millions to the poor? and your God, Obama and the Clintons
Obama won't even help his own family.

And Vice President Biden is a notorious cheapskate when it comes to giving to charity.

Last edited by dechatelet; 05-11-2015 at 11:45 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually DEMAND creates jobs. Sorry you failed at economics.

BTW-Demand is not primarily created by the 1%.....just so you know.
Demand also isn't created by those with no money.

Neither are jobs.

As for the government "creating jobs," it can only do that by spending money.

Where does it get that money?

From taxpayers, not from poor people.

Last edited by dechatelet; 05-11-2015 at 11:46 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Mother: So little Johnny, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Little Johnny: I want to live off government handouts.

Wow, I never thought I would see the day when people act like it's something to be proud of to need other peoples money to survive.
After all the taxes I've paid, I'd sure like to get some of my money back!

Last edited by dechatelet; 05-11-2015 at 11:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies