Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 AM

89,011 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Increasing government largess could actually incentivize, or at least enable, parental choices that everyone admits are damaging to kids.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...rts-kids/?_r=0
Bingo! The perpetual increase in forced taxpayer-funded largess has actually incentivized parental choices that everyone admits are damaging to kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 02:46 PM

943 posts, read 782,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not in proportion to their percentage of the overall population. The truth is that Blacks are 5 times more likely to receive welfare than Whites.
Yes, yes. That is because black people are more likely to be poor. 25% of black people live in poverty, compared to just 10% of white people. People qualify for welfare if they are living in poverty. It is not like this is a service created by people just wanting welfare. It is driven by being poor.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:45 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're throwing themselves under the bus. Read The Millionaire Next Door. 80% of U.S. millionaires are first-generation wealthy. They did it by making wise life and financial decisions, hard work, sacrifice, and delayed gratification. Lifting oneself up takes commitment and dedication, but it CAN be done. Millions of Americans have done so.

Good parenting correlates well with good child outcomes.

Bad parenting correlates well with poor child outcomes.

Their parents threw them under the bus and you're kicking them when they're down.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:55 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
When they starve enough they will come for your food and you will be no longer needed it, read some history or repeat it.
Let them come. Should be fun.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
The fact remains that many more whites receive welfare than blacks.
And the fact remains that blacks are five times as likely to receive welfare as whites.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You most likely will when you go on Medicare!
If that's so, I'll be a millionaire in my old age.

But I'll only be able to spend it on needed health care -- and I might not even need health care.

Sounds like something liberals would come with.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It is.... But it seems your hate spewing made you miss my point.... I was talking about the poor's demand for goods and services does in fact create jobs..... To which replied that they should pretty much starve for all you care.... which wasn't relevant to job creation.

It's not my fault you can't follow along. Savvy?
Oh, I can follow along.

What YOU don't get is the fact that the jobs created by the poor's demand are only created because of the money taxpayers are forced by the government to give to the poor.

Those taxpayers would have spent the money on something else that would also have created jobs.

So the poor's demand adds exactly NOTHING to job creation.

Any more liberal sophistries you'd care to favor us with?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
... they place the comfort and luxury of those who already are financially secure over the basic needs of those most vulnerable in society. I've already said that, very clearly. Your petulant overlooking of what I've already said and your insistence on arguing against things no one has said shows that you yourself acknowledge and understand the vacuous nature of what you're trying to defend.

I'm a democrat. Stop working so hard to deny I exist. Stop working so hard to deny that I wrote what I wrote. Stop working so hard to claim I wrote things I didn't write. Stop working so hard to blind yourself the corrupt nature of what you prefer.

Rather, a lot of love and compassion for people you apparently hate and at whom you apparently want to direct vitriol. It's not surprising to see you post such a projection of your own black and white thinking.

Neither am I. I'll say the same thing I said to FKD19124: Stop working so hard to deny I exist. Stop working so hard to deny that I wrote what I wrote. Stop working so hard to claim I wrote things I didn't write. Stop working so hard to blind yourself the corrupt nature of what you prefer.

I'm sure that that is the way right wingers choose to see it. For liberals, it is a matter of morality and justice, concepts that right wingers wouldn't recognize if they hit them square in the nose.
Do you actually get paid to spout this stuff?

Or, worse, do you really believe it?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You are so wrong. Do you know how many died in the 1920s &30s during the (forced) Collectivization of Russian, Ukrainian and Central Asian farming or the Sovietization of industry or the forced urbanization and building of infrastructure to make the new industries possible? The total is definitly in the millions or more accurately tens of millions. As Stalin once said," You have to break eggs to make breakfast". An old Russian or Georgian folk saying. Stalin could break eggs with the best of em.
And thus do you miss the point.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Maybe if 95% of all gains weren't going to the top 1% This wouldn't be such a problem now would it? But when we discuss that you scream about how were picking on the poor wealthy people.
Back to the one wrong justifies another wrong argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies