Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:16 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybarnaby View Post
Welfare fraud stats are meaningless. Thousands of rapes and sexual assaults go undocumented each year. Same with welfare fraud. There's so many people gaming the system it is impossible to "catch" them all. I come from a rough area, so I've seen it first hand.

Just ask anyone who has worked overnight at a grocery store what it's like the day benefits get handed out. You will see 6 people families all shopping together at 3am. When you show up at a grocery store on the first of the month at 3am and see 15 taxi cabs outside, and then see toddlers running wild inside you realize it's a problem. These kids are growing up seeing their apathetic parents waiting for "pay day" as they call it. Not much hope for a lot of them.

In short, stats are meaningless. There are good folks on welfare, but to say the abusers make up a very small portion is laughable.
See? We don't need no stinkin' PROOF. We just know it's there because!

Kind of like voter fraud. Conservatives know its there, it's just invisible, like unicorns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 10:29 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I don't agree there. There is that thing called pride and self worth, and that's human nature too
You can't eat or cook pride or self worth, sometimes you do what you need to do.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:30 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
You can't eat or cook pride or self worth, sometimes you do what you need to do.
Most of the folks on welfare today don't even know how to cook
It's not our yesterday dust bowl crowd, that is for sure....

Old 05-08-2015, 10:32 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh please.
"Oh please" yourself. I know it is hard to see what you prefer exposed for the moral turpitude it represents, but in the future try at least to defend it with a moral defense rather than just posting evasive blathering.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Most of the folks on welfare today don't even know how to cook
It's not our yesterday dust bowl crowd, that is for sure....
Ah, there it is.

Conservatives like their poor people to look destitute, sad and sick. It's the only way to keep the unwashed masses in their place. Kind of like this earlier product of conservative policies.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
I don't agree there. There is that thing called pride and self worth, and that's human nature too
There is a very large segment of society who doesnt have either of those.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:48 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
At least it's money spent feeding, clothing and housing poor Americans.

I'm sure people like the OP would never make a peep at the QUADRILLIONS spent on corporate welfare, war and foreign aid.

Some of you people act as if our currency is inherently valuable. It is not-human life is inherently valuable and good people will do what they can do to see it thrive and grow.

Some of you are slaves to our colluded and controlled economic system and have become inhuman. Yet crazily, these are sometimes the same people that claim to be so religious.
Lefty mathematics at its finest. No wonder these people can't get one single solitary thing right.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Poor children who at least have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. Not too bad actually.
Yeah, and then they go out and breed like rabbits and we have even more poor dependent people, Yeah, verily even unto the fifth generation. Sounds like a plan, a plan for the destruction of civil society. Oh, go look, there's Baltimore and Detroit. I guess the plan is working.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
That's what we need, more pride and self worth from bums, cheats and welfare hogs. I'm sure they're all very proud of taking other people's money.

They really need self worth because that's the only kind of worth they have.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:53 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Godwin's Law award for the day!

Also, Strawman Award Using Fictional Memes Award!

So, tell me how conservatives want to help people to "help themselves?" Last time I looked, it involved eliminating things like jobs and training programs, public transportation needed to get to jobs, food stamps and healthcare so people are healthy enough to keep jobs ... yup, that's what I call helping people to help themselves!

Of course I must have missed something or you wouldn't have posted. Breathlessly awaiting your detailed answer.
Everything you listed there is NOT helping themselves. It is the government helping them.

Helping yourself would be taking the education that everyone is given and finding a job or going to college. Buying your own car or bus ticket. Using your own money to eat healthy food to take care of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies