Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 07:09 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,681,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can't address any of the questions concerning your "moral issues".
If you think anyone has posted questions concerning the moral issues I raised then you and I aren't speaking the same language. I suspect that is because you, like Bob, refuse to accept that people who disagree with you will refuse to be fooled by your nonsensical insistence that their replies be subjugated to your corrupt bias. Try it again: Ask a question about what I wrote, rather than about your corrupted distortion thereof, without falling back on the silly inanity of insisting on addressing my issues by spewing the nonsense about your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Your entire argument is based on philosophy not reality.
Philosophy is part of reality. The manner by which we live is real, and far more important than the petty concerns you and pknopp keep trying to use to avoid addressing these more critical concerns.

Quote:
And your notions of morality are not only not superior to mine
You haven't presented any notions of morality. That's the problem. You seem to want to try to do so... so try. Try to present your argument on moral grounds - period. Don't try to dodge the issue again by veering back onto non-moral matters. You both are using your petty concerns to mask the fact that you have no moral foundation for the objections you've posted to what I've written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 07:16 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,082,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
If you think anyone has posted questions concerning the moral issues I raised then you and I aren't speaking the same language. I suspect that is because you, like Bob, refuse to accept that people who disagree with you will refuse to be fooled by your nonsensical insistence that their replies be subjugated to your corrupt bias. Try it again: Ask a question about what I wrote, rather than about your corrupted distortion thereof, without falling back on the silly inanity of insisting on addressing my issues by spewing the nonsense about your issues.
What are you personally willing to do to address the question of inequality?

Old 05-17-2015, 09:54 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,052,794 times
Quote:

Philosophy is part of reality. The manner by which we live is real, and far more important than the petty concerns you and pknopp keep trying to use to avoid addressing these more critical concerns.
There's nothing wrong with philosophy, but life demands that philosophy must be applicable to reality in order to be relevant in a practical sense.
Because otherwise, you are simply speculating about how many fairies could be dancing on the head of a pin......And that doesn't make your point of view "more important" ...it makes it irrelevant.

And the only reason you try to control the narrative by demanding others stick to confining their arguments to your notions of philosophical morality is because your philosophy has no basis in reality.

Quote:
You haven't presented any notions of morality. That's the problem. You seem to want to try to do so... so try. Try to present your argument on moral grounds - period. Don't try to dodge the issue again by veering back onto non-moral matters. You both are using your petty concerns to mask the fact that you have no moral foundation for the objections you've posted to what I've written.

You haven't written anything other than excessively verbose attacks on people who disagree with your notion of morality.

You write page long, garrulous diatribes that amount to nothing more than calling anyone who disagrees with your Utopian fantasies a BIG MEANY HEAD.

You offer no solutions that are more useful than a group hug.....because apparently you're smart enough to realize that the only practical solution to the implementation of your philosophy in the real world would be something like using eugenics to breed out what you consider to be undesirable traits in human nature.

Because no matter how many times you wish upon a star, you cannot force people to be philanthropic against their will.

I have stated my notions of morality many times when responding to your posts. So don't be obtuse and pretend you don't know that my values are largely rooted in Natural Rights and Fiscally Conservative/Socially Libertarian values.

You just want an excuse to lay out yet another pointless grandiloquent assault on those whose philosophy differ's from your own.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:03 AM

40,935 posts, read 49,039,394 times
Quote:
You just want an excuse to lay out yet another pointless grandiloquent assault on those whose philosophy differ's from your own.
These same people have been on this issue for years here on Cd cause they are MW types who won't venture out to the Oil Fields of SD or Home Building in TX and get real jobs.

They think they should make big wages for flipping burgers or picking up trash on the road. These are jobs most of us had when we were 16-18 years old.

MW will never be enough and was not designed to support someone. These guys are stuck in MW jobs and are very sad.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What are you personally willing to do to address the question of inequality?

Asking a Progressive Liberal what THEY are willing to do about something without robbing Peter to pay Paul is like asking a union carpenter to paint a shelf.

The only reply you will get is a incredulously dumb look and a mumbled "it's not my job man"

Old 05-17-2015, 02:36 PM

42,785 posts, read 26,102,878 times
Quote:

Asking a Progressive Liberal what THEY are willing to do about something without robbing Peter to pay Paul is like asking a union carpenter to paint a shelf.

The only reply you will get is a incredulously dumb look and a mumbled "it's not my job man"
and if you ask a conservative they will tell you about how they shoveled snow when they were 3, delivered papers when they were 5 and owned 20 businesses by the time they were 20. In fact they now own so many businesses that they lose track, even when bragging about their wealth on CD

Old 05-17-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
and if you ask a conservative they will tell you about how they shoveled snow when they were 3, delivered papers when they were 5 and owned 20 businesses by the time they were 20. In fact they now own so many businesses that they lose track, even when bragging about their wealth on CD
I did none of those things and I'm not what most people would consider to be particularly wealthy either.

My wife and I make decidedly middle class incomes but we both worked our way to where we are from humble beginnings and did so without government handouts or blaming anyone for our lot in life but ourselves.

I started college but I quit shortly afterwards when I realized it was mostly a left wing indoctrination machine and that I had very little in common with anyone on campus.

So afterwards I got job as an apprentice in a skilled trade and worked at improving my knowledge and skills to get raises.

When I could go no further with a particular employer, I looked for and eventually found greener pastures at other employers.

So now, 30 years later and still without a college education, I am in a management position in a field closely related to that one that I apprenticed at back then. And I still use many of the skills I learned when I was an apprentice making just over minimum wage.

I could probably start my own business if I wanted to risk my retirement savings, but I haven't become that adventurous yet.

So....am I enough of a stereotypical Conservative to you?

Old 05-17-2015, 06:32 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,874,503 times
Quote:
To your statement. Why should we pay someone 15.00 per hour to flip burgers. Last time I check thatkind of job was meant for HS People.

The real solution you are not grasping very well is , Real Industrial Professional Jobs"

We should not have a conversation about the merits of Flipping burgers or Working at Target.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:38 PM

42,785 posts, read 26,102,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
To your statement. Why should we pay someone 15.00 per hour to flip burgers. Last time I check thatkind of job was meant for HS People.

The real solution you are not grasping very well is , Real Industrial Professional Jobs"

We should not have a conversation about the merits of Flipping burgers or Working at Target.
While those jobs may have been intended for HS people, that demographic has changed.
Almost 40 percent of fast food workers are 25 or older.
More than 30 percent have at least some college experience.
More than a quarter are parents.
Say what you want about those people, but they are working

More Than a Quarter of Fast-Food Workers Are Raising a Child - The Atlantic

Old 05-17-2015, 06:54 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,874,503 times
Quote:
While those jobs may have been intended for HS people, that demographic has changed.
Almost 40 percent of fast food workers are 25 or older.
More than 30 percent have at least some college experience.
More than a quarter are parents.
Say what you want about those people, but they are working

More Than a Quarter of Fast-Food Workers Are Raising a Child - The Atlantic
The Demographics may be changing , because our industrial jobs are exported off shore. Look at the plight of the Rust Belt, St. Louis, Chicago, Baltimore and Detroit (which may be returning due to the Automotive ind.)

In the end a 25 yr. able body man or women flip burgers and drop fries. Have you went to a Wendi's lately (any place like it) Easy 8.25 per meal. A meal cost as much as going to Fridays or Chilies'.
Mickey D's is Fast Food!

It Started with Nixon when we reach a trade Agreement in the 70's and has gotten worst thru Carter, Bill Clinton and now Obama.

This a Great Downward turn of events that has slowly outsource out Industry. Payrolls are dependent on what the general public is willing to pay for any product. Is Fast Food worth 8-10.00 Bucks. I do not think so.

This would be a Great Subject for the next President in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies