Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 01:46 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Do white lives matter?
What about brown lives?
How about blue lives?

Black Lives Matter may not be overtly racist (although that's highly debatable), but they sure are a pain in everyone's ass and I don't think that their tactics are winning over the people they are hoping to influence (white America). If anything, their probably creating more enemies.
Why do conservatives believe saying "black lives matter" somehow takes away from anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It is offensive, because ALL lives matter. And by saying that "black lives matter" is racist. All you have to do is replace black with white, and there would be shrieks of "racism" everywhere.
It appears that you truly don't understand what racism really is. Fox News someones does that to your mind... Try again...

Old 05-08-2015, 01:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It is offensive, because ALL lives matter. And by saying that "black lives matter" is racist. All you have to do is replace black with white, and there would be shrieks of "racism" everywhere.
You have to take the term in context with American history. I have no problem with "black lives matter".

Old 05-08-2015, 01:54 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Liberals are not exactly the biggest or most intimidating people on Earth. Just walk through.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:58 PM

998 posts, read 664,912 times
If they had tried this on me, I would have taught them a lesson they wouldn't soon forget. I am in contact with a small army of other men who live in their mothers' basements, and we would have no problem removing our cheeto stained palms from our keyboards to go out there and make these guys pay (just as soon as we finish our level 99 dungeon raid is in World of Warcraft). You just messed with the wrong man, you kids.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:05 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,299,479 times
One guy on reddit said he acted as if he wanted to join the line and broke through the weak link when it opened for him. haha.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:09 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It appears that you truly don't understand what racism really is. Fox News someones does that to your mind... Try again...
It appears that some believe it is not racism if any but their own race is disparaged. Talk about tunnel vision.

Old 05-08-2015, 07:02 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Expelled for exercising their First Amendment rights?!

Ha. Ha.

University of Oklahoma students were singing a heinous song that was offensive to other students. There is no equivalency.
Were the OK students doing so in public or in private? Besides, most half-way intelligent people consider rap and hip-hop offensive. Should any student playing that type of music be expelled? In addition, the lyrics of many of those songs is far more offensive and threatening than what these students sang.

Old 05-08-2015, 07:23 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times
I'm years past college now but if this had occurred back then:

If other people were getting through, or there was an exam I was afraid of missing: I would have first politely asked to walk through, asked a second time if they kept blocking, then if they continued I would take and email to myself pictures of everyone near me, warn them I was walking through and if they touched me I would press civil charges for assault -- actually this is today again I guess; back in school was before I had a smart phone and unless I identified people I probably would have called 911 rather than risked this without remotely stored pictures of the perps and more importantly them being aware I had that.

If stakes were lower and everyone else wasn't getting through either: whelp guess class is cancelled, time to call the campus police to make sure they know about it and then go back to my dorm to sleep in another few hours.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
It appears that some believe it is not racism if any but their own race is disparaged. Talk about tunnel vision.
Well I guess if you are a member of the clan or a skinhead the Black Lives Matter movement might be offensive to you. Other than that most people see it for what it is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies