Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 07:06 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Most people put their legitimately earned money in a bank, not carry it around in their car.
This is true. Most, but not all. So you agree that it should be illegal to carry a large amount of money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Indeed it does.. WHY DO YOU THINK THEY THROW PPL IN JAIL BEFORE THEY ARE FOUND GUILTY????

YOU GOT IT.....

Guilty until proven innocent!!!!! (Been that way for many years)
Wrong!

They throw people in jail when CHARGING them with a crime. Stealing their belongings is a whole other event.

Tell us why you support LE stealing people's money when NOT charged with a crime.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If the war on drugs never existed, they would find some other vehicle by which to confiscate assets. Maybe it would be a war on sex. Our state legislature passed a law a couple years ago to authorize seizure of vehicles in prostitution cases. Or perhaps a war on large sodas. There are always going to be unlimited options. The war on drugs here is a symptom, not the problem.
I agree and the only way to stop LE theft is for many more people to become aware of the problem. Transparency and publicity are powerful weapons against government abuse of power.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:15 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The kid in the OP did not commit a traffic offense.

A better moral would be to eliminate these laws. At any rate, people should never tell LE that they have any money at all.
More people need to know this:

How to Flex Your Rights During Police Encounters

From the OP:

Quote:
Rivers said the agents questioned passengers at random, asking for their destination and reason for travel. When one of the agents got to Rivers, who was the only black person in his car, according to witnesses, the agent took the interrogation further, asking to search his bags. Rivers complied.

The fatal error was consenting to a search.

"Am I being detained?"
"I don't consent to any search."
"What crime do you suspect me of committing and why?"

That's all you ever say. I wouldn't have given those anal openings the time of day if they randomly singled me out on a train. If they persist from there you have a much better chance of victory in court than if you consent to a search or choose to talk to the jack booted thugs.

Last edited by Rick Roma; 05-12-2015 at 07:28 AM..

Old 05-12-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Yes. The cops wouldn't have taken the money if they thought it was earned legitimately.
Congratulations on being part of the problem......

Old 05-12-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Most people put their legitimately earned money in a bank, not carry it around in their car.
Please cite the law that states one must put their money in a bank. I'll wait.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The fatal error was consenting to a search.

"Am I being detained?"
"I don't consent to any search."
"What crime do you suspect me of committing and why?"

That's all you ever say. I wouldn't have given those anal openings the time of day if they randomly singled me out on a train. If they persist from there you have a much better chance of victory in court than if you consent to a search or choose to talk to the jack booted thugs.
This is true, but millions of people don't know their rights and are very intimidated by LE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies