Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And look, someone who doesnt understand why poor people shouldnt be taxed. Meaning that no, they arent taxed more.

Your response back is nonsense.
So you're solution is to put EVERYONE into poverty..

Good job!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 02:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Shoutout to the British for voting to slit their own economic necks.

I'll never understand how people who benefit from social spending continuously vote to have their own benefits reduced. I just don't get.

Explain to me how "cutting spending" benefits you and why it is such a high priority.
Trust me, we know.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:

I'll never understand how people who benefit from social spending continuously vote to have their own benefits reduced. I just don't get.

Explain to me how "cutting spending" benefits you and why it is such a high priority.
Why don't we just "print" $900 trillion and put everyone in the US in a nice big furnished home with a swimming pool, two new cars and a home theater?

We could just issue the money, and each year we could just "print" enough to cover everyone's bills so nobody would even have to work.

You keep telling us debt doesn't matter, so I'm assuming you'd love such a plan.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:31 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why don't we just "print" $900 trillion and put everyone in the US in a nice big furnished home with a swimming pool, two new cars and a home theater?

We could just issue the money, and each year we could just "print" enough to cover everyone's bills so nobody would even have to work.

You keep telling us debt doesn't matter, so I'm assuming you'd love such a plan.
Taking things to extremes is not a actual argument.

Drinking water is good for you....being drowned is not.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:

yes, everyone knows only you can do that..
Quote:
And look, someone who doesnt understand why poor people shouldnt be taxed. Meaning that no, they arent taxed more.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:

You need to read more of his posts. He states all the time the federal government doesn't need tax money for funding and that deficit spending has no limit or negative impact.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:

I tell you what..........take your next pay-check and burn it. That's the same thing that happens with social spending. There is no return on social spending.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Again...where do you think that government spending goes, and results in? Maybe if you paid attention to the actual economics of it all you would understand that. Go read up what the opinion of greece austerity is now by the economists who pushed it (the IMF), and how the austerity pushed by the them was a mistake. They (like you) misunderstood the effects of it all. Unlike you they fessed up to their mistake.

PS-go back and re-read my post. Government spending is mentioned very specifically.
Quote:

oh look, you keep changing your argument. first its dealing with a private company, then its bringing home overseas money, and now its not taxing the poor.

mr rich mcduck running a company here in the US and getting taxed by government is going to set up a certain profit margin that he wants to maintain. if government comes along and says we are going to tax you more, then mr mcduck is now going to have to make changes to maintain that profit margin, or he risks losing money and eventually going out of business. mr mcduck can;

1: reduce overhead, chances are however overhead is as low as it can go

2: reduce payroll, that means cutting workers hours, or cutting workers period

3: increase the price of his widgits, hopefully the widgit buying public accepts the new prices and business goes on as usual.

on the other hand when government comes along and says we are cutting your taxes, mr mcduck will probably do a few things, after he is revived from fainting;

1: lower the price of his widgits, so the public will buy more of them, which means he will need to make more of them, and thus putting people to work

2: he might instead choose to increase employees pay to make them happy, and end up still selling more

3: he might do both 1 and 2 and really get the business going.

if mr mcduck has interests overseas, and has money in offshore accounts that he would like to repatriate, and the government allows him to do so without a huge tax hit, then he also does in fact invest in his home business, usually through capital improvements to make the production of his widgits easier, and less expensive so he can sell more of them and increase the size of his business.

mr mcduck is not going to bring home overseas money to just stick in his pocket because that money actually belongs to the business, and if he were to put that money in his pocket, it would be considered personal income, and as such would be taxed, and he doesnt want that.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:29 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:

Cutting government benefits everybody.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:

They obviously think they've voted to stop the bleeding of a horrible wound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies