Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 12:14 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
If these shooters are taken alive will they be allowed to investigate themselves? After all if the roles were reversed that's what would happen.
Be gone, troll.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:34 AM

34,049 posts, read 17,064,521 times
juneaubound, LEOs are not going through anything now that is new. Outside of the Dec 2014 ambush in NYC of 2 cops executed, the others are typical of encountering violent criminals. I'm saddened by the news tonight, but sometimes traffic stops involve encountering murderous thugs.

Here is one from my hometown, and since then no more cops have been killed there. Thank God!
Officer Daniel Scott Wasson, Milford Police Department, Connecticut

PS: Notice the ratios on the right of my link. Line of Duty deaths of LEOs down 11% this year.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:48 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
One suspect in fatal Hattiesburg police shootings in custody.
(That's all I have seen reported for now)

Old 05-10-2015, 12:50 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
If these shooters are taken alive will they be allowed to investigate themselves? After all if the roles were reversed that's what would happen.
Exactly, people are killed every day in this country. And many of these people are killed just for who they are, what religion they profess, what job they do, etc. Yet, there is this obnoxious worship of the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
As an aside - this coming week is National Police Week. If you care anything at all about what law enforcement officers are going through right now - or if you care anything at all about all of the law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty - please take the time to thank an officer for his or her service to your community. They live and work in dangerous times and need your support.
First, what is the most dangerous profession in America? The way you hear people talk you would think it was definitely being a police officer.

In reality, police are one of the safer professions. You are about ten times more likely to die as a lumberjack than as a police officer. You are twice as likely to die as a farmer than as a police officer.

In fact, police officers represent only 2% of all on-the-job deaths. The profession with the most deaths of them all, is any sort of "vehicle driver"(taxi cabs, truck drivers, delivery drivers, sales drivers, couriers, etc), with 19% of all deaths(which is the field of work I've been employed most in during my life).

So why are we supposed to worship the police? Well, who benefits the most from the existence of the police? Rich people. And who controls the media? Rich people.

Its also why we obsess about planes being hijacked, but no one really cares if someone gets stabbed on the greyhound bus. Rich people don't ride the bus.

I'm not happy that police officers are being shot. But, I find myself having less and less pity for a class of people who regularly break the same laws they are supposed to be enforcing. A group of men who protect each other, even when they are wrong(blue code of silence), through a system they control, at the expense of the rest of society. And even to enforce laws in ways that were never intended, for reasons which are obviously either politically or personally-motivated. And then to behave in an obviously ethically deplorable way, while claiming they were "just doing their job".

As someone said recently, "If We're Afraid Of The Police And The Police Are Afraid Of Us, What Are We Supposed To Do?"

Rep. Meeks: If We're Afraid Of The Police And The Police Are Afraid Of Us, What Are We Supposed To Do? | Video | RealClearPolitics

Last edited by Redshadowz; 05-10-2015 at 01:02 AM..

Old 05-10-2015, 12:55 AM

34,049 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Thanks for the update, MrClose.

Old 05-10-2015, 03:17 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Default Two Mississippi Cops Murdered

Hattiesburg, Mississippi police officers confirmed dead and manhunt ongoing | Daily Mail Online

Time to brimg back the death penalty. I wonder if there will be outrage?

Old 05-10-2015, 03:46 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Hattiesburg, Mississippi police officers confirmed dead and manhunt ongoing | Daily Mail Online

Time to brimg back the death penalty. I wonder if there will be outrage?
I guess Black lives DON'T matter: 1 of the murdered cops was a Black dude trying to take care of business instead of being a hood rat. RIP sir.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:01 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Two more Americans who have exercised their Right to "keep and bare arms! Makes you proud to live in a Country where two low lives can off two of our finest. Thanks NRA!!!
Wonder if you also blame GM whenever someone is killed by a Chevy?

Old 05-10-2015, 05:35 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
The NRA is no more to blame than you are! And I'm not a member! It appears that 2 brothers committed the crime - no mention of the NRA being there!

Two Mississippi Cops Shot, Killed: Police Car Reportedly Stolen
Who is it that helps low lifes like these 2 acquire weapons?

Old 05-10-2015, 05:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Who is it that helps low lifes like these 2 acquire weapons?
My answer would be a system that refused to put them away or attempt to rehabilitate them while in jail in the past.

Both men have multiple arrests for weapons and gun charges, and both have felony convictions.

If indeed it was even these two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies