Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 04:16 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,832,373 times

Advertisements

I consider myself pro-choice, but the pregnancy was discovered too far along to have an abortion. It would be more like a delivery to "abort" a baby this size. The age of viability is 24 weeks, and if I recall she's 22 weeks along? To me that would be more akin to murder. Why not just put the baby up for adoption?

I do believe in abortion, but in this case the pregnancy is too far along, and the opportunity to abort passed long ago IMHO.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:40 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
My apologies, I should have said most Christians who go to church on a regular basis, including without limitation, the Pope. By the way, don't you think that your family members are simply picking and choosing what they like and dislike from the Bible? Is that what good Christians are expected to do?

Mick
Oy vey. Again, with the assumptions. You know nothing about Christians.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:28 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oy vey. Again, with the assumptions. You know nothing about Christians.
Maybe I would if y'all conform to the same rules . . .

Mick

Old 05-10-2015, 05:29 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,968,226 times
I'm pretty against abortion, but in the case of a raped 10 year old I actually think it's the medically smart choice. Better the fetus die than the little girl.

Old 05-10-2015, 06:24 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I am sorry, but it's none of your business if I live with a man without the "benefit" of marriage.

Marriage is an outdated institution.

If you want to go to church, go, all that is not for everyone.
Your excused. South Americans dont care about your morals, or lack their of. *all of South America looks at you and shrugs*

Marriage is alive and well all over the world, lol. Its hardly outdated, and even creates a multi-million dollar industry world wide annually. Maybe even multi-billion. Heck, even gays want in on the action.

THAT is how cool and alive marriage is.

As for harm to the mother - she has already been psychologicly harmed by a grown man, and NOT by an innocent baby. Everyone around her will look down on her for killing a child - not for being raped.

How about the harm to the mother IF she has the procedure, and can never get pregnant again?

Old 05-10-2015, 07:24 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Your excused. South Americans dont care about your morals, or lack their of. *all of South America looks at you and shrugs*

Marriage is alive and well all over the world, lol. Its hardly outdated, and even creates a multi-million dollar industry world wide annually. Maybe even multi-billion. Heck, even gays want in on the action.

THAT is how cool and alive marriage is.

As for harm to the mother - she has already been psychologicly harmed by a grown man, and NOT by an innocent baby. Everyone around her will look down on her for killing a child - not for being raped.

How about the harm to the mother IF she has the procedure, and can never get pregnant again?
Marriage is an institution which has zero to do with "sacredness" it was more about settling property disputes. Marriage allowed women and children to be viewed as property. So, if you want me to "buy" God likes marriage then I state He enjoys women and children being viewed as property and not as human beings.

A 10 year old giving birth is just as traumatic as giving birth and the likelihood of the 10 y.o during childbirth is certainly increased due to the child's age.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
I consider myself pro-choice, but the pregnancy was discovered too far along to have an abortion. It would be more like a delivery to "abort" a baby this size. The age of viability is 24 weeks, and if I recall she's 22 weeks along? To me that would be more akin to murder. Why not just put the baby up for adoption?

I do believe in abortion, but in this case the pregnancy is too far along, and the opportunity to abort passed long ago IMHO.
The 10 y.o's life is more important than that of the fetus.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:27 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,968,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
The 10 y.o's life is more important than that of the fetus.
I agree. The unborn has some value but I'm more concerned about that little girl. Even if it wasn't rape if I had a daughter under 14 I'd encourage her to abort for her health's sake if she was pregnant.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I agree. The unborn has some value but I'm more concerned about that little girl. Even if it wasn't rape if I had a daughter under 14 I'd encourage her to abort for her health's sake if she was pregnant.
Childbirth does a number on a grown woman's body, I can, only, imagine what it could due to a >14 year old's body.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:46 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
This whole story turns my stomach. For one thing, she should have an abortion, but it should have been performed long before now, before it became a higher risk procedure for the girl, and before the fetus reaches the age of viability. I won't even go into the disgustingness of the stepfather angle. I'm sure we're all in agreement about his despicable behavior. I'm not sure why the prosecutor is trying to hang the mother out to dry. It sounds like she was just trying to earn a living while her snake of a husband was diddling the daughter behind her back. Was Prosecutor Munoz sure the mother knew it was going on? But one sentence in the article really took the cake, IMO, and it was what the girl's DOCTOR said, of all people:

"She has no pain or complications," said Dolores Castellanos, the doctor who heads the special section and who has been tasked by the health ministry with supervising the girl's care.""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies