Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 12:36 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,143,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't care what you want to do as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't cost me money. The problem is having children out of wedlock which may be cool to you but isn't to me. I don't want to pay for your choices and culture.

As a woman, Hillary is running for president and I certainly won't vote for her based on her gender, that would be ridiculous. Blacks should have seen past Obama's skin color instead of voting for him because "he's black". Now they can suffer the embarrassment to this country he turned out to be. If he represents how blacks think that doesn't say much and I was wrong about blacks who I thought wanted the same as whites.
Here is one black person that did not vote for Obama, because I do not believe in voting for someone based on race or ethnicity. I do not BEFRIEND people based on race or ethnicity and I certainly do not vote for someone on that alone. He is not a representation of atleast how I think, but then again I don't know him personally. I would imagine we are two very different people.

Here is a black woman that NEVER had children out of wedlock and do not intend to at 32 years of age. Having children out of wedlock WAS NEVER COOL, and from the age of 7 I even loooked down upon it. I am unsure where on earth you would get that from. I do not take childbirth as a trivial event. I also do not care to pay for the mistakes of others, with my tax dollars. I worked very hard to get where I currently am and I do not appreciate others looking for a free ride. I believe in personal accountability and held myself to that. I also wanted to complete my education which I have done.

I personally want what is best for myself and those who I love. If it happens to coincide with what some whites want, then fine. If not, I will still strive for what I find best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
At the risk of being called condescending... good for you! By the way, our cousin is an embarrassment to our family. His mother and my grandparents catered to him. He is an alcoholic and abusive. We tried to help him taking him in giving him a place to live (rent free) with time to straighten out with his promise to stop drinking he just got more sneaky and kept losing his jobs and we found out he was verbally abusive toward my elderly mother. Now he's living in the streets, we tried and now wipe our hands of him. Oh and he looooves Obama. The bottom line is some people are beyond help.
Most of my family members are too far gone. They would be retirement age if they worked, but some of them have never held jobs. I have several living in the streets. I am glad I was able to get a glimmer of encouragement before my fate was similar.

I had a cousin commit suicide some years back due to drugs and abuse by the hands of his own mother. She got him hooked on crack and ran his wife away because she felt "she was too fat and ugly for her son". My family just swept this death under the rug, just like everything else and continued on with the nonsense.

I refused to ever end up like that, and distanced myself as much as I can. I call sometimes to say hello, but I do not get involved with those people. They are cancerous.

People change if they really want to. Some are not willing to change.

Side note: I don't think Obama has much bearing on his shortcomings.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
Here is one black person that did not vote for Obama, because I do not believe in voting for someone based on race or ethnicity. I do not BEFRIEND people based on race or ethnicity and I certainly do not vote for someone on that alone. He is not a representation of atleast how I think, but then again I don't know him personally. I would imagine we are two very different people.

Here is a black woman that NEVER had children out of wedlock and do not intend to at 32 years of age. Having children out of wedlock WAS NEVER COOL, and from the age of 7 I even loooked down upon it. I am unsure where on earth you would get that from. I do not take childbirth as a trivial event. I also do not care to pay for the mistakes of others, with my tax dollars. I worked very hard to get where I currently am and I do not appreciate others looking for a free ride. I believe in personal accountability and held myself to that. I also wanted to complete my education which I have done.

I personally want what is best for myself and those who I love. If it happens to coincide with what some whites want, then fine. If not, I will still strive for what I find best.
Then me an you think alike. I didn't want to have kids early. I wanted to make my way and yes a good life first. A girl friend of mine (when I was younger) said, I want to get married and have kids, meaning soon. My immediate thought was "what for?" There's plenty of time for that.

There is white trash who I wonder, did they think they would have kids and life would be roses? Didn't they even think about their future? Nothing like setting yourself (not yu) for struggling through life. I don't feel any responsibility for them, nor do I defend them, they made their choices and I don't want to pay for their bad choices.

Last edited by petch751; 05-12-2015 at 12:57 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Then me an you are more alike than I am with other people. I knew I didn't want to have kids early. I wanted to make my way first and yes establish a good life first. I remember when a girl friend of mine (when I was younger) said, I want to get married and have kids, meaning soon. My immediate thought was "what for?" There's plenty of time for that.
Having a stable home with resources available for my children is what I wanted, so they did not have to grow up wondering how they will eat like I did. I wanted to give my children every advantage in this world possible, and felt I was not financially, mentally or emotionally ready to make that commitment before I completed my education and grew up a little. Having children just for the sake of having them was illogical and foolish. Having a husband that I loved in the home, that had similar goals as myself, would be far better environment for my family. Growing up, I noticed children with stable home lives consisting of a mother and father seemed to go farther in life.

Your race dosen't matter, but the comments you made earlier about other blacks you have met are not true of all of them, and certainly not of me. I am not sure what whites want, but I do know what I want.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP meant a certain demographic of the black culture, particularly those that would fall under the category "hood rat" or "thug"....just saying.
Even if that is the case, it is way too generic for people to lazy to reason as far as you to differentiate between your objectivity and a conclusion that this deficiency might be unique to Black people. Many topics on this site that seek to "enlighten" black people can easily be applied to any culture. Just watch the news to night and witness "thugs and hood rats" of all colors, doing stupid things all over the world, since "we all make mistakes and fall short of the Glory of God".

Old 05-12-2015, 01:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Now if you want to do something about the culture of poverty, please be my guess but don't restrict you efforts to young African Americans, there are plenty of white, latino, Asian, and Native America who live in poverty, awash with drugs, violence, dysfunctional families, and myriad of other problems associated with low economic status.

So please leave black culture the buck alone!

Love this.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Having a stable home with resources available for my children is what I wanted, so they did not have to grow up wondering how they will eat like I did. I wanted to give my children every advantage in this world possible, and felt I was not financially, mentally or emotionally ready to make that commitment before I completed my education and grew up a little. Having children just for the sake of having them was illogical and foolish. Having a husband that I loved in the home, that had similar goals as myself, would be far better environment for my family. Growing up, I noticed children with stable home lives consisting of a mother and father seemed to go farther in life.

Your race dosen't matter, but the comments you made earlier about other blacks you have met are not true of all of them, and certainly not of me. I am not sure what whites want, but I do know what I want.
I and other whites know there are people who want the same thing who are willing to work it just like we have to, putting off starting a family to accomplish it. It's unfortunate that there are parents who teach their kids bad attitudes. And it's those people are making news for everyone to see. It's not what whites want? It's what those people want and what they are not willing to do for it or think it's ok to have kids before being able support them then it then it falls on the taxpayer to pay for. Those kids, their parents didn't do them any favors and it's selfish. Also do you think it helps when they are looting and destroying other people's property?

Do you think it's fair that people who work hard to support their own family are expected to support other people who seem to think it's ok to have kids without a way to support them or no father around? I don't care if they are white or black, it's not right.

Last edited by petch751; 05-12-2015 at 01:23 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I and other whites know there are people who want the same thing as us and are willing to work it just like we have to. It's unfortunate that there are parents who teach their kids bad attitudes. And it's those people are making news for everyone to see. It's not what whites want? It's what those people want and what they are not willing to do for it that are causing the problem. The attitude that isn't helping. Do you think it helps when they are looting and destroying other people's property?

Do you think it's fair that people who work hard to support their own family are expected to support other people who seem to think it's ok to have kids without a way to support them or no father around? I don't care if they are white or black, it's not right.
I do agree that looting and the destruction of property was wrong. I was deeply disappointed to see that. It is not something I would have done, even if under the worst circumstances. I always believe in peaceful demonstrations over violence. But, sadly, the looting speaks to an issue that we have been dealing with in this country for a long time: inequality. I feel that inequality, systematic racism and oppression is the root to the symptoms that we see. I have said in the past, that some blacks have gone from oppressed to oppressing one another. It is not an excuse, but an explanation.

But having children out of wedlock and looking for the system to feed them I do believe is wrong, always have, always will. That is why the change starts with us so that we can continue to teach personal responsibility and pride to our children and start this generation of change.

For myself, regardless of what race my children appear or not appear I am comitted to teaching them the values I believe in. We can all do our part of changing the negativity we see.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I do agree that looting and the destruction of property was wrong. I was deeply disappointed to see that. It is not something I would have done, even if under the worst circumstances. I always believe in peaceful demonstrations over violence. But, sadly, the looting speaks to an issue that we have been dealing with in this country for a long time: inequality. I feel that inequality, systematic racism and oppression is the root to the symptoms that we see. I have said in the past, that some blacks have gone from oppressed to oppressing one another. It is not an excuse, but an explanation.

But having children out of wedlock and looking for the system to feed them I do believe is wrong, always have, always will. That is why the change starts with us so that we can continue to teach personal responsibility and pride to our children and start this generation of change.

For myself, regardless of what race my children appear or not appear I am comitted to teaching them the values I believe in. We can all do our part of changing the negativity we see.
That's where you lose me. Anyone in many circumstances could claim oppression. I make less than other people and it doesn't give me the right to loot and destroy property I could also say that others had more opportunity than I did based on my family background, gender and color but again, it's no excuse. I don't get special help for any reason and could claim it's racism against being white. I certainly wouldn't want politicians pandering to me saying it's too hard to get a proper voter ID, now that's racism, it telling everyone that because you are black that you are too helpless to do what other Americans can do.

I'm tired of hearing people claiming racism at the drop of a hat, I won't roll out the red carpet for anyone white or black. If I can't be natural around these people who think that if I disagree with them it's racism or encourage them then it's condescending, no thank you, those people who I don't want to be around and I know I am not welcome either so oh well, then we agree. So with that I'm out of here.

Last edited by petch751; 05-12-2015 at 03:20 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
White trash is a term referring to poor white people. The term suggests outcasts from respectable society living on the fringes of the social order, who are seen as dangerous because they may be criminal, unpredictable, and without respect for authority whether it be political, legal, or moral.

uhm
Im not seeing your point in posting this definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies