Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 10:23 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,518,085 times

Advertisements

Pedro Martinez, FL is the land of "do whatever you want" in regards to guns.

If someone looks at you cross eyed you can shoot them and just say you felt threatened and you're good to go.

There have been several road rage incidents there or neighbor disputes over something like parking in front of someone's house, where somebody ends up dead and the shooter isn't charged with anything.

TX does it the right way, FL does not.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:24 AM

1,077 posts, read 865,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If he were in Texas, he should be arrested and charged and then have his CHL revoked.

Since I don't know the gun laws in Florida, I can't say for sure, but I would guess he should be arrested and charged.

Now, that I answered yours, will you answer my original question?

Yes, that is what the other person claims. Since I wasn't there, I don't know, and I'll wait to see what the police say.

It's funny how many people on here choose to make assumptions, and it also seems to me that they tend to be the ones who are angry at Zimmerman.

Actually, we don't know his MO since we don't know many things about his other law enforcement encounters.

We know that in all of his encounters, he has been arrested three times.

The first time was when he assaulted the undercover officer in the bar.

The second time, he was found not guilty of murdering Martin.

The third time he was arrested, the accuser recanted her story and said she lied.

Every other time it was a he said, she said.

We can really only say we know that he what happened in the first incident, and I'm not sure we can say that establishes a MO.

BBM

Very unlikely that GZ didn't have his firearm on him. He doesn't leave home without it.

Was that your original question, Pedro?

Also Texas law would be the same as Florida law, if he's arrested he needs to turn in his firearms. The CWP wouldn't be confiscated unless and until he is a felon with a conviction.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:27 AM

14,824 posts, read 11,962,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
You don't have to proclaim anything. There was a lengthy trial that included forensic evidence, eye-witness testimony and the conclusive result was that he was found not-guilty.

Some people watched the trial and know that he is not guilty and other people deny reality, plug their ears, and scream as loud as they can.
I think the point the other poster was trying to make was that many people assumed he was guilty, believed he should have been found guilty ( and never mind any obvious evidence to the contrary) are pi$$ed that he was found not guilty, and are looking for any reason to hang the guy now. The news media included.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:27 AM

1,077 posts, read 865,138 times

GZ glock was recovered.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:31 AM

Another purely speculative opinion piece from a source that thought the guy should have been hung, any evidence be damned.

Do you know the difference between opinion and fact?

Old 05-12-2015, 10:36 AM

244 posts, read 246,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Here's the ONLY reality that matters. Period.

George Zimmerman found not guilty of murder in Trayvon Martin's death
Oh, well since you said "Period" with such forceful authority, LOL.

I wonder how long before George "Datniggy" Zimmerman...appears on camera with a cane and a neck brace and a maxi pad taped to his face?

Old 05-12-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

GZ glock was recovered.
Thnks for this clip. I have to wonder why Apperson called 911 to report his shooting at GZ, though. You think it was out of concern for any injuries to GZ, or did Apperson fancy himself some sort of hero for "getting" GZ?

Old 05-12-2015, 10:40 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,434,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Oh, well since you said "Period" with such forceful authority, LOL.

I wonder how long before George "Datniggy" Zimmerman...appears on camera with a cane and a neck brace and a maxi pad taped to his face?
Still not in the morgue, unlike Tray-Tray. Dude can dodge bullets from registered democratic gun owners. I'm not sure he's gonna be needing a cane. Perhaps a wheel barrow to carry his oversized balls.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
uh-oh.

the sound of their lil' heads popping will sound like a big bowl of rice krispies.
Lol, no, that's the sound of your two brain cells hitting each other when you shake your head.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:45 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,333,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Lol, no, that's the sound of your two brain cells hitting each other when you shake your head.
OMG...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.