Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 02:42 PM

613 posts, read 463,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You make hyperbole and not very good hyperbole at that.
Sounds ridic, doesn't it? That's how your posts are coming across to me. :\

Teenagers experiment with pot and worse, doesn't make them horrible gangsters or that their parents are doing a lousy job raising them. It's so easy to pass judgment from behind a computer screen.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:43 PM

171 posts, read 181,113 times
Leave George alone.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:55 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Completely irrelevant to the point made.
You made no point, I simply showed how you are wrong.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:03 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
For a functioning adult this is true.

However for someone described as "a child", smoking pot would constitute a very big "biggie". It speaks volumes as to how they are being raised and where their priorities lie. It's an even bigger issue if they take a cache of pot to a public school. Most parents don't want their kids exposed to drugs.

Obviously you are using two different standards for Zimmerman vs Martin.
Why are you picking on The Child

He was a typical teen, Weren't you or a bunch of your high school friends suspended from school multiple times on those rare occasions you showed up, vandalize school property, smoke pot and bring the baggie and pipe to school, keep women's jewelry in your book bag to help a buddy he refused to name, carry around a screwdriver in case your bicycle broke.

I'll skip social media and mere allegations.

It seems you have impossible standards for a teen and his parents to meet.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:09 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,259 times
I don't know what rock some of you live under, but teens today do drugs, drink, and have sex.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:11 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You made no point, I simply showed how you are wrong.
If there was no point, then there was nothing to prove wrong. Your trip up on your own nonsense.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:48 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
His lawyer said this in a press conference.
Not in the article you cited, which now has bylines added.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It sure is. There is a thread on the front page about the 61 year old man attacked by a group of 50 teens/young adults where they were kicking and beating him within an inch of his life but you are here bringing up some random case in a Waffle House. All that poor man did was ask two black girls to stop fighting on his truck. The group of misfits who were with her took that as an excuse to beat the man nearly to death.
You realize the "61 year old man" and the Waffle House" incident are totally irrelevant to George Zimmerman, whose ability to keep his mug in the media is astounding, and also to Matt Apperson and Trayvon Martin, right?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wow, you really know very little about this.

Martin was suspended three times. Once it was for tardiness, but two other times, not so much.

He was suspended for having a baggie that was suspected of being used for marijuana. He was also suspended when he vandalized a locker and then the school found jewelry, including women's rings, and what they described as a burglary tool.

Since Martin never attended college, it's not possible to know if he would have been more productive, more problematic or even attended at all.

So, unless you can show me where Zimmerman had suspensions and problems in high school, we can pretty much safely say that Martin was the bigger school problem.
I "suspect" the baggie was used for a bologna sandwich. This is all nonsense. The kid might have been a bit of a goofball but Zimmerman is mean and nasty and killed a kid out for a snack because Zimmerman keeps looking for some kind of glory. This is the kind of guy who should have just joined a volunteer fire department somewhere and waited to become a hero, but he'd probably start setting fires for the glory he got when he helped put them out.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:51 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Oh please, I've smoked on and off since I'm 16..there is no ill effects.

As far as taking a cache of pot to school? It was a bag with residue, where do you get this thinking?

Obviously I'm not using two different standards, care to point it out.

I believe that GZ did indeed get away with murder.

GZ was talking more potent drugs, even if he had a script, we don't know if he abused.

George Zimmerman Took Drugs With Violent Side Effects When He Killed Trayvon (DETAILS) | Global Grind

People generally take a sleeping pill to go to sleep. (Temazepam)
Unlikely he would take this before leaving for the store.

People who take Adderall generally take it earlier in the day.

People who take these medications do not generally go kill people.
If Adderall made people homicidal, schools would be bloody mayhem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies