Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,874,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
But there are common trends with drug use. Sure there is variation, but to play it all away to variation means you really can't draw any meaningful results either.
My point is I have seen a 5'3" 100lbs woman out drink 3 men weighing over 175 lbs and 6 ft........I have also seen a 5'4" 135 lb woman out smoke men weighing over 200 lbs. It doesn't matter ones size or weight some can just handle drinking or smoking more, it's not limited to size.

I have heard people say pot made me this way or that, not everyone uses pot in the same way. Some people smoke to get stupid. While others know how to handle a mild feeling and never get to the high stupid part.

Drinking is different most people drink to get drunk, or why drink, correct

MJ has medical purposes, not just getting high. Many women use it for PMS and menopause issues.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:23 AM

38,967 posts, read 27,350,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
My point is I have seen a 5'3" 100lbs woman out drink 3 men weighing over 175 lbs and 6 ft........I have also seen a 5'4" 135 lb woman out smoke men weighing over 200 lbs. It doesn't matter ones size or weight some can just handle drinking or smoking more, it's not limited to size.

I have heard people say pot made me this way or that, not everyone uses pot in the same way. Some people smoke to get stupid. While others know how to handle a mild feeling and never get to the high stupid part.

Drinking is different most people drink to get drunk, or why drink, correct

MJ has medical purposes, not just getting high.
Good post.

It is good for Migraine headache.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,773,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
These are 2 separate issues. The tobacco industry has prospered on addicts of nicotine. Many die of lung, throat and tongue cancer. Nicotine will kill you and has no medicinal purposes. Pot on the other hand has always had medicinal purposes. And when have you heard of pot having the damaging effects that cigarettes have. Sorry, no irony at all
Because pot doesn't have a following of addicts. Not to mention how smoking pot can also give you cancer.

Cigarets help keep weight down, so it has medical purposes.

Btw, I'm for the legalizing of pot, but it suffers many of the same pitfalls of cigarets plus a few additional ones.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:29 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,781,699 times
I don't get it. Here it's like a religion. If you don't smoke you're ridiculed, threatened, and darn near run out of town. I don't think it's "the left", it seems to be everyone; left, right, center, young, old.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:34 AM

463 posts, read 318,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Not to mention how smoking pot can also give you cancer.
Can you provide proof of this? I have not heard that. In fact, no documented cases at all is the last info I have. Where did you get that information?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Cigarets help keep weight down, so it has medical purposes.

Btw, I'm for the legalizing of pot, but it suffers many of the same pitfalls of cigarets plus a few additional ones.
I'm sorry, but that is completely inaccurate. Cigarettes are much more dangerous on many levels.

Also keep in mind that the amount of smoke inhaled by even a heavy cannabis users comes no where close to the amount of smoke inhaled by even a modest cigarette smoker.

Even if they were equally dangerous, smoking is not the only way to ingest cannabis.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:36 AM

13,279 posts, read 7,810,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
For many conservatives, weed = evil

I remember In college some republican frat boys would rant against weed and call casual pot smokers pot heads, yet these frat boys would get wasted on beer every thurs, friday, and Sat religiously
With Republicans, punishment (hangover) must follow glory (uncontrolled slobbery) - it's in their Bible.

It's the American Way.

To a Republican, laughing without booze, is like driving without a driver's license.

It just ain't right.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:44 AM

38,967 posts, read 27,350,284 times
Actually, Majority Of Republican Millennials Support Marijuana Legalization

Most Republican Millennials favor marijuana legalization | Pew Research Center

Majority Of Republican Millennials Support Marijuana Legalization

Most young Republicans support legalizing pot | TheHill

Same article from different sources.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,930,175 times
What is with the misconception that legalizing cannabis or smoking it is exclusive to being a liberal stance? Wasn't it banned under the watch of FDR, who was.... wait for it... a DEMOCRAT? There are plenty of libertarian-tea party-Constitutional types (true conservatives) who support ending cannabis prohibition!

Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 AM

38,608 posts, read 26,231,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
An interesting revelation from the MJ legalization currently under way in my state has been how popular pot smoking is among denizens of the left. The Seattle City Attorney celebrated legalization by buying some pot and bringing it to the office.
Seattle's Attorney Pete Holmes Takes Pot To Work, Apologizes (And Smokes)

I guess that there is probably less alcohol consumption on the right due to the number of conservative Christians, but other than that I don't see a difference in right-wing vs. left wing boozing. But there is this huge dichotomy when it comes to marijuana use. No doubt there are some right-wing libertarians who indulge, but in my experience they are mostly ex-users. A local libertarian candidate here said that (paraphrase) 'we are gun-toting economists on drugs.' But like most Libertarians, if he ever used drugs it was probably over 30 years ago.

I asked a liberal/progressive friend who is a non-pot-smoker about this. He immediately agreed that it is far more prevalent on the left. He explained, "we're more relaxed; we're not as uptight as the right."

Why are so many on the left enamoured of smoking the wacky tobacky?

First of all, there is no real political left anymore.

Liberals, true liberals, disappeared when the hippies went away.

What passes for a liberal today is a politically opportunistic statist who has used up all the traditional victims of white male intolerance and privilege (women, blacks, etc).

With fewer and fewer quality victims upon which to proclaim their benevolent support, statists passing themselves off as liberals and libertarians have had to invent new victims and new causes hoping to retain relevance in the era of black and female affirmative action.

Enter: homosexuals, transgenders, illegal aliens and weed heads.

Of course this should not come as a surprise to anyone since Democrats, the larval form of statists, are always seeking causes for which there can be no debate to attach their unpopular and often unconstitutional initiatives hoping to ram whatever it is down out throats thereby retaining political relevance.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:56 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,042,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
How do you conclude that? If I had my way, I would legalize it all--heroin, meth, crack, belladonna, pot, etc. I would even allow legal 20 oz. sodas, provided I am not presented with a bill for the health consequences of the decision to indulge in the ingestion of harmful substances--something I suspect that you don't understand.
I think you are going to far if you think a big gulp from 7/11 should be legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies