Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:18 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,861,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

Other than the bombing, what 'event'?
It goes to motive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRM3lFRwRI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The United States Government hates us for our freedoms.

The USG is the terrorist.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:40 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,807,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
I don't believe him and I don't believe her. She's an anti death penalty zealot and will say anything to keep this guy from getting what he deserves.

I don't believe him, either. (Did he say that before or after he was shown "flipping the bird?" )
And it was reported long ago that one of the jurors stated that she was against the death penalty, but was seated anyway. That's always bad news in capital cases.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:13 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Apparently he told a nun who is also (ironically) an advocate against the death penalty that he is genuinely sorry and no one deserves to suffer like his victims did. Ugh. I don't believe it. He's trying to get out of the death penalty... he wanted to kill hundreds of people, which is why he went through with the bombing to begin with. Now that he's caught and facing the death penalty - he's suddenly sorry?

Does anyone even believe him?

The Boston bomber said 'no one deserves to suffer' as his victims did - Business Insider

I can name at least one person who deserves to suffer like that and more.

Considering what this person did, our death penalty is so very mild a form of retribution as to be itself an escape from justice.

Last edited by momonkey; 05-15-2015 at 12:29 AM..

Old 05-15-2015, 09:17 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,034,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The United States Government hates us for our freedoms.

The USG is the terrorist.
Whatever.....If you don't like the USA, there's plenty of other places where you can go whine about how bad your life sucks.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Old 05-15-2015, 10:27 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,794,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You are going to have to show me this....in writing, where someone who said "yes, I'm guilty" of KILLING people, that these federally mandated appeals are relevant....

Just show me the links, where it say this....

AND it SHALL be where someone has stated they ARE guilty of the killings.....
I think you're confused about the term Direct Appeal. It's not a retrial or appeal to determine innocence or guilt. How the defendant plead makes no difference. It's a review of the legal proceedings to make sure they were unbiased and correctly adjudicated. For death penalty cases it's mandatory in most states and at the
Federal level. Just to make sure we don't screw up and execute innocent folks. There was even a case in Florida where the guy sentenced to death requested to skip this mandatory appeal. He was turned down with the judge ruling that it wasn't the role of the courts to assist in suicide.

I'm sure you can Google if you want further details.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Whatever.....If you don't like the USA, there's plenty of other places where you can go whine about how bad your life sucks.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!
YOU are not the USA!

YOU are the YOU ASS SAY.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:10 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,807,296 times
Another "nun" more concerned with worldly things (life) rather than a sinner's soul. Instead of talking to him, she should have been praying with him.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:16 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,927,752 times
Super Max will be exponentially more horrible than a death sentence. I hope he suffers horribly for a very long time.
I vote for super max!!! Instant sentence no appeal...instant maximum suffering.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:31 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,046,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Super Max will be exponentially more horrible than a death sentence. I hope he suffers horribly for a very long time.
I vote for super max!!! Instant sentence no appeal...instant maximum suffering.
I agree, but they just gave him death. Get ready for all the appeals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies