Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:43 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Ha! Maybe she should be. "Those mean ol white people/they treat me so unkind. They ask me to get stuff off the shelf at Target/and make the kids feel unwelcome at the museum. They sho nuff give me the blues."
All right, maybe not.
By fat lou.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 PM

231 posts, read 171,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Ha! Maybe she should be. "Those mean ol white people/they treat me so unkind. They ask me to get stuff off the shelf at Target/and make the kids feel unwelcome at the museum. They sho nuff give me the blues."
All right, maybe not.
I woke up this afternoon,
I saw both cars were gone
I woke up this afternoon
I saw both cars were gone
I felt so low down deep inside,
I threw my drink across the lawn.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Everything is about black victimization with this lady. What does she mean by "welcome" at these venues? Is there someone turning them away?

Glad you said it because ain't THE THE DAMN TRUTH. Actually both her and husband are good at this game.

Really now, get over some of this stupid stuff. And they wonder why we have a division of the races, wasn't Obama from my tapes of him in 2008 suppose to bring all Americans together, never happened.

I have white friends, who do not feel comfortable at a Museum. With her your right, it is all about being a victim. I think it is the individual themselves, not the color of the skin, that makes you feel like this.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:31 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times
Yeah, it really takes a lot of hard work searching all the tea party sites on the deep web to find statements made by the First Lady of the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Wow, I wouldn't know half of the racist/divisive statements that black folks make if it wasn't for the litany of outraged folks posting threads about the so-called racist and divisive things that black folks are supposed to be saying.

So, I'm curious, do you folks spend all day looking for the black folk racist and divisive statement of the day so that you can post them on C-D to trumpet your un-divisive outrage?

Old 05-13-2015, 06:23 AM

50,334 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
That's probably because people who visit art museums enjoy the peace and serenity of such a place, where they can quietly enjoy the art around them and appreciate the surroundings. This is generally not compatible with black culture, where quiet and peace is typically not a priority. This is just an honest observation that I've made throughout my life, whether it be a baptist church, movie theater on opening night of a "scary" movie, or the subway in Washington, DC.

In other words, nobody is trying to make black children "feel unwelcome". It's simply that they grow up in a culture that is a stark contrast to the peace and calm of an art museum.
I have observed this also, but in fairness, I can't go to a concert or movie with one of my white friends either, because of the continual blah, blah, blah, as if she's in her living room.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:43 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
"Not Welcome" is becoming one of the race baiters' favorite dog whistles.

Here in very liberal Montgomery County, Maryland, there is all kinds of hand wringing over the Achievement Gap.

One of the excuses they throw out is that certain parents "Do Not Feel Welcome" visiting their child's school to confer with teachers.

Perhaps the ghost of George Wallace is standing in the doorway and impeding their entry into the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies