Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 03:27 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Stop rewarding bad decisions and people will stop making them.

The economic pie is not finite, one person's success does not prevent others from being successful.

Life is easier when people stop being the victim and take responsibility in for yhekr lot in life and then for improving it.
LOL, yep 99% of Americans don't have access to the unprecedented Trillions and Trillions created in new money since 2009 via quantitative easing because they're all just bad people that make bad decisions.

Why live in a country if you hate the people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 03:36 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL, yep 99% of Americans don't have access to the unprecedented Trillions and Trillions created in new money since 2009 via quantitative easing because they're all just bad people that make bad decisions.

Why live in a country if you hate the people?
I don't hate anyone. I don't spend my time worrying about what others are doing in relation to my life. If someone is getting rich, great for them. It is no skin off of my back, like it seems to be off of yours.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:37 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
The economic pie is not finite, one person's success does not prevent others from being successful.
It does when the vast majority of the gains go to the top, unlike in the past when they were shared more. You can complain and whine, but you should at least acknowledge that that is a real issue.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:48 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
I don't hate anyone. I don't spend my time worrying about what others are doing in relation to my life. If someone is getting rich, great for them. It is no skin off of my back, like it seems to be off of yours.
So why are you involved in the discussion at all if you really don't care about any of this?

It seems you are intent on letting others know about your deep-seated opinions of American workers and how they don't deserve what they are paid. The same rhetoric is repeated so often, almost verbatim, by many on here. Coincidentally this is the exact opinion of the very nationless corporations and banks that have infiltrated and are destroying our Government and stifling economic growth.

Don't dismiss unearned income just because it is the wealthy being given it.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 05-12-2015 at 05:12 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 05:33 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
If folks in Mexico and China will build cars for $3 an hour why do people in the U.S. think they should get ten times that much?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:50 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
It does when the vast majority of the gains go to the top, unlike in the past when they were shared more. You can complain and whine, but you should at least acknowledge that that is a real issue.

its not a real issue, its a democratic whine so the poor will vote democratic, because they claim they will screw the rich. its all votes that all

Old 06-03-2015, 07:56 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Umm the minimum wage is low enough as it is, and not all minimum wage jobs are in fast food. Plenty of minimum wage jobs are very important and laborious. Why look down on those who work for minimum wage in fast food anyway? Most of them are high school/college kids just trying to make money, or those who sadly were not given the educational opportunity to get better jobs, like older immigrants from the third world.

Part of the problem in our society is the classist viewpoint we have. I remember in high school my teacher mentioning that part of the reason that Denmark is ranked one of the happiest nations is because the Danish have an outlook that is not as classist or as obsessed with financial status. The Danish don't look at garbage men, mailmen, fry cooks and waitresses the same way Americans do. Maybe we should be like that and stop judging those who can't afford to make the best of means. Not everyone has the privilege of having been in this country for generations and having wealth accumulated from the whole time. Most of my family immigrated to America in the 80s and 90s, having been wealthier decades before, but then the wealth was stripped away thanks to communism. They worked hard to better themselves and have come a long way, most of them. One of my cousins who came to America as a toddler now makes 1000 an hour, but he had to work minimum wage jobs to get there, because you need money for school and then you need school for the experience and expertise to get a career.

Some people need the minimum wage as a stepping ladder to a grander career path, but for others that ship has sailed and even sunk, so they need it as a safety net to not go into poverty. The minimum wage should be enough that a single adult can live comfortable within their means in their specific region. We should not look down on those who work for minimum wage, because their stories are far more complex than you imagine.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If I make 30.00/hr because I have more skill and experience than someone who makes 15.00/hr, how am I preventing him from making as much as me?

And if I'm not....who is?

Old 06-05-2015, 12:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I've always proposed closing down businesses that pay minimum wage during school hours and after 8pm. By then, the kiddies working there should be headed home to get a nice 9 and a half hours of sleep.
And you are ... ?

Old 06-05-2015, 01:40 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If I make 30.00/hr because I have more skill and experience than someone who makes 15.00/hr, how am I preventing him from making as much as me?

And if I'm not....who is?
Kind of a old topic to see resurface.

A certain level of income or resources is needed in order to have opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies