Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 03:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Just ask any Democrat. It's not the responsibility of them to do anything about, it's the job of the government to take from rich people to distribute to whom they see fit.

Democrat, "That's terrible that man is digging through the garbage for dinner? Something should be done!"

Republican, "Why don't you go help him out?"

Democrat, "That's not my job, the government needs to take care of it. They should raise taxes on the 1% to pay for it."

Republican, "So, it's better that he wait for a government program than you trying to help him."

Democrat, "Of course."

Yeah, why should you invest in something that will benefit you?
I think you missed the part where he doesnt have any money. You know, the whole poor part

And apparently a lot of folks here cannot understand that helping people out of poverty helps us ALL. Training is probably among the very BEST way.

I do love the democrat/republican story. The Republican wants a better world, but expects the Democrat to do all the work related to making that occur.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Our poverty is vastly different than Somali or Mexican poverty. Poverty here is not a comfortable or glorious existence, but it certainly beats circumstances that the bottom of most of the rest of the world has.
During the 50's about 20% of all Americans lived in dire poverty.

Poverty does not take government benefits into consideration. Add in all or some of the following benefits and the number living in poverty declines:

SNAP, WIC, School meal Programs which now includes breakfast and dinner in some areas

Section 8 and other housing assistance programs

Medicare which now pays for almost half of all births

Negative tax rates

Old 05-12-2015, 03:04 PM

364 posts, read 277,559 times
Soon as I am able I am going to the WIA as its the ONLY option I have to get the government to pay for it....doubt it will work seems most places are out of money etc and since I am not a veteran nor have the credit score to get a loan its my only option but wife is working so school is out in 2 weeks so got kids to watch....meh...its always something..maybe when tax refund comes in and we can afford a baby sitter for a few weeks we can get me in the school.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think you missed the part where he doesnt have any money. You know, the whole poor part

And apparently a lot of folks here cannot understand that helping people out of poverty helps us ALL. Training is probably among the very BEST way.

I do love the democrat/republican story. The Republican wants a better world, but expects the Democrat to do all the work related to making that occur.
So, all Democrats are poor?

I wasn't talking only about the poster, I was referring to all Democrats since we were apparently playing the "Republicans do this, Democrats do that" game where you make broad accusations of the "enemy party".

Was that game not initiated?

Old 05-12-2015, 03:11 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Don't have the money. Therefore I will stay where I am on SSI disability doing my best to make this corrupt POS government collapse by taking as much as possible. I am of the mind set this country has screwed me so I am gonna screw them in any way possible. Now if they want to INVEST in someone who WANTS to work,pay taxes etc then I am more than happy to go do the training...no problems at all I can do it tomorrow.I got NO SHAME in taking from a government and rich jerk offs who steal my and my wife's labor who will put my kids in debt if they decide to go to college or who make money off of poor kids who find the only way out of poverty is the military the elite use to invade other poor countries to steal their natural resources. Truth and Fact.

I see, you blame others for your plight.

Looks like "Truth and Fact" to me according to your declarations.

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Don't have the money. Therefore I will stay where I am on SSI disability doing my best to make this corrupt POS government collapse by taking as much as possible. I am of the mind set this country has screwed me so I am gonna screw them in any way possible. Now if they want to INVEST in someone who WANTS to work,pay taxes etc then I am more than happy to go do the training...no problems at all I can do it tomorrow.I got NO SHAME in taking from a government and rich jerk offs who steal my and my wife's labor who will put my kids in debt if they decide to go to college or who make money off of poor kids who find the only way out of poverty is the military the elite use to invade other poor countries to steal their natural resources. Truth and Fact.

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
State of the world :
Producers, Predators, and Parasites.
Some are "Takers" - some are "Taken" - some get a piece of the pie, oh my.
. . .
The next question is based on recognition.

Who are predators?
  • Criminals?
  • Usurers?
  • Extortionists?
  • Gamblers?
  • Corporations?
  • Revolutionaries?
  • Zealots?
Who are parasites?
  • Recipients of public monies?
  • Politicians?
What is stopping people from being productive, trading their output, and building prosperity?

Old 05-12-2015, 03:13 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, all Democrats are poor?

I wasn't talking only about the poster, I was referring to all Democrats since we were apparently playing the "Republicans do this, Democrats do that" game where you make broad accusations of the "enemy party".

Was that game not initiated?
Weird...I'm not poor. And if you're playing that game, I might suggest you try harder.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:27 PM

364 posts, read 277,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I see, you blame others for your plight.

Looks like "Truth and Fact" to me according to your declarations.
The shoe fits. Like I already said I am more than willing and happy to be trained in something else...I HATE being the stay at home dad because of circumstances...but its working out where wife works,I get my SSI check and we don't have to pay extra for a baby sitter so we stay at it until I can find a job if ever where she won't have to work anymore...either that or sell everything and hit the road in an RV and be nomads. She has suggested that as well.This country is made for rich by rich etc Its not for us normal people any longer unfortunately.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:49 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
45 Million Americans Still Stuck Below Poverty Line: Census Looks like it is actually decreasing. E-verify for all jobs would go a long, long way in reducing poverty. Immigration, Poverty and Low-Wage Earners:<br />The Harmful Effects of Unskilled Immigrants on American Workers (2011) and Illegal immigrants: Poverty more likely for kids of non-U.S.-born parents - tribunedigital-chicagotribune E-Verify for ALL jobs or we become the 3rd world that they tried to leave but just move it here.

The census bureau goes into great detail: Poverty Methodology - U.S Census Bureau
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies