Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Since there's a thread alleging many on the left are "enamoured" with smoking marijuana, I have to ask why so many on the right are apparently so smitten with 1936's Reefer Madness , have such fear of a silly little weed, and despite their claims of being for less government control/spending are perfectly willing to support law after law about the weed and spend who knows how many taxpayer $$$ trying to control it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 09:00 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
I am not afraid of marijuana and a LOT of people on the right aren't either... liberals try to frame it otherwise, I wonder why liberals are so disingenuous most of the time... but you do realize opium is also a weed...

Old 05-13-2015, 09:11 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,821 times
Because they hate you. And you are for the weed. Therefore, hate weed.

Just like liberals hate Conservative ideas. Even if upon reflection, you may agree with the GOP on something, you hate Conservatives so much that is causes them to hate what they like.

Sounds like 5 year olds to me. Enjoy your partisanship, it's great for the country!

Old 05-13-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am not afraid of marijuana and a LOT of people on the right aren't either... liberals try to frame it otherwise, I wonder why liberals are so disingenuous most of the time...
Uh, I don't think it was a liberal claiming "so many on the left" are enamoured with smoking marijuana as if no one on the right does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
but you do realize opium is also a weed...
Actually, I realize opium IS NOT a weed, it's the dried latex of a flower.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since there's a thread alleging many on the left are "enamoured" with smoking marijuana, I have to ask why so many on the right are apparently so smitten with 1936's Reefer Madness , have such fear of a silly little weed, and despite their claims of being for less government control/spending are perfectly willing to support law after law about the weed and spend who knows how many taxpayer $$$ trying to control it?

Marijuana is not "a silly weed", anything that inhibits one's ability to think clearly and respond quickly in a situation is not a silly weed and should not be treated as such.

Just for information sake I am not labeled anything political one way or the other so my opinion does not involve politics, it is simply my opinion based on my personal experience being around others who believe Marijuana is "just a willy weed".

Old 05-13-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Because they hate you. And you are for the weed. Therefore, hate weed.

Just like liberals hate Conservative ideas. Even if upon reflection, you may agree with the GOP on something, you hate Conservatives so much that is causes them to hate what they like.

Sounds like 5 year olds to me. Enjoy your partisanship, it's great for the country!
It's not conservative ideas I dislike, it's the hypocrisy of claiming to be for less government and less spending while whole-heartedly growing government and spending like drunken sailors when it suits their agenda.

Less government/spending are great ideas. When's the last time a conservative administration followed that path?

Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 AM

934 posts, read 595,410 times
Because its illegal and generally speaking conservative support authority, establishment, and traditions

Old 05-13-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Marijuana is not "a silly weed", anything that inhibits one's ability to think clearly and respond quickly in a situation is not a silly weed and should not be treated as such.
It's certainly no worse than alcohol. The fact it's placed in the same Schedule 1 class of drugs as heroin and LSD certainly shows it's treatment is based more on hysteria than fact.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:28 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
It's not conservative ideas I dislike, it's the hypocrisy of claiming to be for less government and less spending while whole-heartedly growing government and spending like drunken sailors when it suits their agenda.

Less government/spending are great ideas. When's the last time a conservative administration followed that path?
Apparently you are too short-sighted to see that many conservatives are against weed because of the associated expenses to society. Personally, I could care less if you or anyone else wants to smoke weed but I don't want to be held fiscally accountable for the ramifications when there are swaths of addicts who can't hold jobs, resort to theft and petty crime, rely on government programs for housing/food, parent children they cannot afford, move on to more dangerous and addictive drugs, incur all sorts of health costs, etc.

You want to smoke up? Be my guest but don't expect me to be happy about paying for your stupid decisions.

Why do liberals want everyone else to pay for their bad decisions?

Old 05-13-2015, 09:30 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Uh, I don't think it was a liberal claiming "so many on the left" are enamoured with smoking marijuana as if no one on the right does.
So you based your entire argument on ONE person... that sounds like a typical liberal argument...

Quote:
Actually, I realize opium IS NOT a weed, it's the dried latex of a flower.
I don't know why you don't know this... but a flower IS a weed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies