Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:52 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,400,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I feel almost sorry enough for this guy to give him a few bucks, but not quite there yet.

He's the poster child for every conversation that I have ever had with my GOP friends and one family member, when we discuss the ACA. Who takes care of those who are too stupid to take care of themselves?? Do we just let them die, or, in this case, go blind?
CD Poster T-310 is risking it:

If Obamacare is gutted will it destroy GOP dreams of winning in 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I now don't have insurance because the fine, mitigated to zero in my case due to tax credits, is cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 04:13 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,287,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Same good Policy I've had for the last 10 or more years. They were forced to add all the coverage and additional fees.

If I ever get pregnant I'll be covered and make history.
We had a great policy for 10 years as well! We only had a $500 deductible, now thanks to our employer we have a $5,000 deductible per person covered, and it didn't have shiite to do with Obamacare.

By the way, for the woman who now has mandated coverage for a pregnancy that she will never have, who is to blame for that, Obamacare or the insurance company who knows damn well that you will never cost them a dime due to pregnancy?

Old 05-13-2015, 04:18 PM

26,837 posts, read 15,068,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If I had been Luis Lang, I would have to pay $5,000.00 of that $9000.00 bill when before Obamacare I would have to pay only $2,500.00.

Sometimes there are consequences to standing up for one's convictions.
Sad that the Dem controlled Congress foisted this mess on the People in the first place.

Out of necessity I chose to keep mine even at the 93% increase this mess wrought for the same coverage I had.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:29 PM

31,995 posts, read 36,552,285 times
It's a sad commentary that people are rushing to criticize a man who had the guts to go it alone instead of blindly following the pack.

Yes, he could have bought a policy like the rest of the sheeple. But there is no way he could have predicted his eyes would go bad during at a time when he didn't have coverage.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's a sad commentary that people are rushing to criticize a man who had the guts to go it alone instead of blindly following the pack.
That's sarcasm right?

Quote:
Yes, he could have bought a policy like the rest of the sheeple. But there is no way he could have predicted his eyes would go bad during at a time when he didn't have coverage.
I guess not...

Follow the pack, blindly no less? Couldn't foresee the possibility of a major illness?

Look at the guy, he's freaking 49 years old and looks like all the exercise that he gets is clicking the remote!

I know 70 year olds who look younger.

Oh, and what's that in his shirt pocket... Ah yes, a pack of Marlboro freaking menthols (they might even be 100's).

No sane adult with a modicum of intelligence who is approaching 50 years age isn't freaking aware of the fact that somewhere in their body there is something in the process of trying to kill them! And even if it isn't the enemy within, there's always enough stuff trying to get you from the outside! Not having health insurance when you own a $300,000 house have a decent job or business if freaking insane, and it is even more insane when you don't have health insurance out of some freaking misguide political "principle."

"God will continue you to look out for the children but the fool's will have to watch out for themselves"

Old 05-13-2015, 05:50 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,323,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Amazing that he still doesn't blame South Carolina, had they opted to expand medicaid the guy would get his surgery

??? It appears that his income is way too high to qualify for Medicaid in any state.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:58 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,323,935 times
Obviously he is at fault for poor lifestyle choices including not carrying AFFORDABLE insurance. (He seems to have more than sufficient resources to pay for it.)

The flip side of that - and one that might be an irritant to him - is that Democrats took away his option to purchase high-deductible coverage.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
He's had diabetes/health issues for years yet somehow thought that at 49 it wouldn't get any worse or more expensive. Amazing that you would call responsible forward thinking people "sheeple".
Maybe he bought into the Republican lie that low income people are moochers and free loaders with "free healthcare" and dining on lobster dinners ... and thought that he could join them on the gravy train. Maybe he believed Huckabee's shyster cinnamon and chromium picolinate cure would work.

Moocher wife: “(My husband) should be at the front of the line, because he doesn’t work and because he has medical issues,” Mary Lang said last week. “We call it the Not Fair Health Care Act.”

Old 05-13-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Obviously he is at fault for poor lifestyle choices including not carrying AFFORDABLE insurance. (He seems to have more than sufficient resources to pay for it.)

The flip side of that - and one that might be an irritant to him - is that Democrats took away his option to purchase high-deductible coverage.
He never had insurance - even before the ACA.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He's had diabetes/health issues for years
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He never had insurance - even before the ACA.
Then he is truly and idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies