Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 07:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Conservative republican from South Carolina, Luis Lang, refused to comply with the Affordable Care mandate to acquire health insurance. But in February, suffered a series of ministrokes, ran up $9,000 in medical bills, exhausted his savings and as a result of lost vision,
One only need to stop here to prove the story is full of ****...

ACA would have cost the man nearly $10K after the deductible, which he couldnt clearly pay.

FAIL..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Can't save that which you never had.

Just another example of the dependent class of Americans who don't take personal responsibility for their actions and then expect others to come to bail them out (yes that was sarcasm).
Hahaha.. ACA complete notion was passed using the notion that people need to be bailed out by the taxpayer and if only we'd insure 30 million uninsured.. ooh wait, we still have 30+ million uninsured.

Forget that.. I now return liberals to their fantasy land.. ACA is wonderful..

Old 05-13-2015, 07:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

ACA would have cost the man nearly $10K after the deductible, which he couldnt clearly pay.

FAIL..
Actually he COULD afford to pay, he CHOOSE not too. He had that in savings.

Then when he got sick he stopped working-and would have gotten medicare, EXCEPT his republican state decided not to allow that.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually he COULD afford to pay, he CHOOSE not too. He had that in savings.

Then when he got sick he stopped working-and would have gotten medicare, EXCEPT his republican state decided not to allow that.
So he had the money in savings and chose not to pay the medical bills, and somehow the left is holding this out as an example of the success of ACA? Really? So lets see if I understand you

So what exactly would have made you think he would have paid the deductible even if he did have ACA?

And you dont know if he would have had medicaid or not, just because the state didnt expand it, doesnt mean he qualified. Try a better excuse

Old 05-13-2015, 07:40 PM

171 posts, read 181,113 times
With Obamacare my deductible went to $6,000 from $1,500. I just sent a $285 check to the federal gov't for 5 months of this cruddy insurance. The errors made by O-care and the insurance company were...................predictable I guess. Can't wait for him to hit the highway.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:56 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Another top comment at: Need help to save my eye sight by Luis Lang - GoFundMe

"Every one of your donors identifies as liberal. Your conservative right-wing friends gave $800,000 to an homophobic pizza place, but not one dime for you. Think about that."
Yes, he is truly blessed by the outpouring of love and sympathy he is getting from liberals.
Look, here's one example of those kind and caring liberals from the first couple of comments:

Quote:
I've donated to several idiot Republicans here on GoFundMe who were too pig headed to go out and buy health care then subsequently faced life changing health issues because I felt it was the right thing to do. But not any more. I have had it. *********, REAP WHAT YOU SOW. Doesn't seem to me going blind should be a real problem for you. You were pretty blind about the issues people faced that prompted the need for affordable health care in the first place. Think of it as God's judgement to you for living your life with blinders on.

Ah, the comfort he must be getting from those sweet, encouraging comments.

The guy's an idiot. He should sell his house and get health insurance. But he's never had it. So this isn't some Obamacare "karma" story. It's a story of an idiot continuing to be an idiot. And liberals bashing him while his poor life and health choices are coming home to roost. Based on the cigs in his pocket, even if he manages to save his eyesight he will continue to have health problems.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:52 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Amazing how all conservatives on C-D are all such high income self-employed individuals that their self-insured deductibles are so high. Fascinating.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:05 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
I tried to donate to his GoFundMe, but it wouldn't let me make payments in boot straps.
Not to worry. I found his home address on google and am sending him a penny.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:07 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Amazing how all conservatives on C-D are all such high income self-employed individuals that their self-insured deductibles are so high. Fascinating.
Its mostly 3 or 4 specific posters. I actually believe them.....but I also know that you CHOOSE your plans.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

FAIL..
He has bills (so far) of over $30,000 - he is a sick man and that will go up. The max he would pay under the ACA would be his annual deductible. The highest ACA deductible is $12,500 per family, lower under some Bronze plans and lower under most Silver or Gold plans. My family deductible is less than $12,500.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies