Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 06:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
100 years old...She smoked for 84 years.. 460,000 Cigarettes and a little bit of whisky...

100-Year-Old Woman Has Smoked Nearly Half a Million Cigarettes - Breitbart
My dad said a shot of whiskey was a cure for most anything a person had......doctors were not needed.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:11 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So, what you're really saying here is that you support government bureaucrats using taxes and other means in an attempt to socially engineer you in to living the way they want you to? You're admitting that you are too incompetent to run your own life and make your own choices, that you need a guiding hand to help you along the way? To nudge you in the right direction?

Suppose in the next couple years people are elected to government who really believe in this whole "living green" movement...... They really want to encourage people to reduce their carbon footprint and they're tired of waiting on the world to change by itself, so they "jack the gas tax up" to $15 dollars a gallon in order to "encourage" people to use alternate forms of transportation that are better for the environment...

Or suppose a conservative, Republican legislature gets elected to power, and they decide to put a huge tax on birth control?

I assume that'd be ok with you?

You people need to start thinking about the implications of your loony ideas. Sure, you don't care because it's just smokers, but what you don't realize is that the precedents you set while you're signing other peoples rights away may soon be the precedents used to take YOUR Rights away.
Until those choices impact my way of life. The stench that follows smokers is gagging. The health costs are staggering since only the mindless idiots engage in that activity. Jack the gas tax up. I don't care. I make my own bio diesel so it has no effect on me. And my tractors use dyed diesel. Non-taxed.

I don't smoke. Only idiots smoke. And they can. As long as that activity doesn't interfere with me.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:18 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Until those choices impact my way of life. The stench that follows smokers is gagging. The health costs are staggering since only the mindless idiots engage in that activity. Jack the gas tax up. I don't care. I make my own bio diesel so it has no effect on me. And my tractors use dyed diesel. Non-taxed.

I don't smoke. Only idiots smoke. And they can. As long as that activity doesn't interfere with me.
Like the president of the United States?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Like the president of the United States?
Yes.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:22 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
So it seems the virulent anti-smokers are typical, hate-filled lefties. Go figure. Ironically, as has been pointed out, their idiot-in-chief is a non-stop smoker.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:23 AM

876 posts, read 1,001,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Only idiots smoke.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:25 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
So it seems the virulent anti-smokers are typical, hate-filled lefties. Go figure. Ironically, as has been pointed out, their idiot-in-chief is a non-stop smoker.
Is that so? You`ve been hanging out with him?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:49 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You do realize you inhale more noxious fumes while sitting in your vehicle in traffic or while standing on a street corner waiting to cross the street right?
Of course, but we can't avoid that if we have to go to work or go shopping. Smokers can avoid cigarettes. They just can't or won't. I'd think a diagnosis of COPD or Emphysema would be enough for them to quit, but I see it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Not near as much fun! People watching while doing this is the best......

Yes, this is my issue with cigarettes.......I hate the smell! I don't remember them stinking in the 70's like they do now, and the smoke tends to burn my eyes.
Today's cigarettes have many more chemicals included in the mix and yes, they do stink worse than they did 30-40 years ago.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:53 AM

622 posts, read 527,131 times
Smoking is a disgusting habit and should be banned outright. Of course that will never happen since the government derives too tax revenue from smokers.

I just do not understand why anyone takes up the filthy habit to begin with. Who wants to have a girlfriend (or boyfriend) who stinks like an ashtray?

And on long haul flights, having to sit next to a chain smoker is loathsome. Their clothes stink to high heaven and the smell of their breath is repulsive and makes me want to throw up. Yuk!

Old 05-15-2015, 07:56 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
Smoking is a disgusting habit and should be banned outright. Of course that will never happen since the government derives too tax revenue from smokers.

I just do not understand why anyone takes up the filthy habit to begin with. Who wants to have a girlfriend (or boyfriend) who stinks like an ashtray?

And on long haul flights, having to sit next to a chain smoker is loathsome. Their clothes stink to high heaven and the smell of their breath is repulsive and makes me want to throw up. Yuk!
You should click the link, you clearly have the illness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

In the meantime, it surely sounds like you may be suffering from a mental disorder known as Anti-Smokers Dysfunction Syndrome..... Yes, it's a real thing:

Recovery from ASDS

Don't worry, you didn't cause this. The medical community and other opportunists have brainwashed the public in to a hyper-sensitive, paranoid hysteria with their anti-smoking propaganda over the last four decades. Not to fear though, treatment is available. Proceed to the provided link for strategies, tactics, and tips for managing your symptoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies