Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 11:40 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Their donations pale in comparison to those who donate to Democrats and Leftist organizations and causes. I saw a chart recently, and the Koch's were down at the bottom of the chart.

I think I saw the same chart---Kochs were behind several Liberal entities in political donations such as Unions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 11:44 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
The Koch Brothers favor a time closer to Slavery than modern times. They represent the interests of the most ignorant, bigoted, and racist people in our country. This is why they are hated by the most enlightened people in this country...and the world.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:03 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The Koch Brothers favor a time closer to Slavery than modern times. They represent the interests of the most ignorant, bigoted, and racist people in our country. This is why they are hated by the most enlightened people in this country...and the world.
They must pay slave wages then.

Actually, no Koch industries pays right about the industry average for most of their careers. Considering most of their employees live in states with lower COL, they're getting paid pretty fairly. And they employ about 50,000 American citizens with good-paying jobs.

They're hated because Liberals happily eat up any propaganda about the Koch brothers, while discarding anything that might contradict their opinions. Like I've mentioned before, David is pro-gay marriage, pro-pot legalization and anti-war. They've donated about a billion dollars to various charities like museums and hospitals. And they're still some mythical right-wing boogiemen.

Meanwhile, any criticism of Soros is off the table. A man worth $25 billion, largely from manipulating world currencies (including singlehandedly crashing individual economies), is off-limits because he funds progressive causes and think-tanks. It seems the only people he employs are those whose whole job is to comb through Fox News transcripts looking for "gotchas" to post on Think Progress.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:14 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
They must pay slave wages then.

Actually, no Koch industries pays right about the industry average for most of their careers. Considering most of their employees live in states with lower COL, they're getting paid pretty fairly. And they employ about 50,000 American citizens with good-paying jobs.

They're hated because Liberals happily eat up any propaganda about the Koch brothers, while discarding anything that might contradict their opinions. Like I've mentioned before, David is pro-gay marriage, pro-pot legalization and anti-war. They've donated about a billion dollars to various charities like museums and hospitals. And they're still some mythical right-wing boogiemen.

Meanwhile, any criticism of Soros is off the table. A man worth $25 billion, largely from manipulating world currencies (including singlehandedly crashing individual economies), is off-limits because he funds progressive causes and think-tanks. It seems the only people he employs are those whose whole job is to comb through Fox News transcripts looking for "gotchas" to post on Think Progress.
Hey Lexus, how does it feel to have someone completely destroy your entire joke of a political party in one simple post?

Old 05-19-2015, 01:18 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Hey Lexus, how does it feel to have someone completely destroy your entire joke of a political party in one simple post?
You'll get to answer the same question when it comes time for the republican primaries :-)

Old 05-19-2015, 01:23 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I was watching NOVA on PBS last night. It detailed how Global Warming is negatively affecting the oceans and sea life.

Sponsored by David Koch.

Was that bad? Should he have not paid for such a program?
Yeah, he also sponsored the Smithsonian exhibit and PBS special on evolution.

I seem to recall one of the other Koch's is a huge supporter of the NY arts scene, gay causes, the ballet etc. and in general I believe the Kochs are gay marriage supporters.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:24 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
You'll get to answer the same question when it comes time for the republican primaries :-)
If the hateful leftists refuse to allow anyone but rich old white people into the Democrat Short Bus it won't really matter.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
"American Bridge 21st Century is a progressive research and communications organization committed to holding Republicans accountable for their words and actions and helping you ascertain when Republican candidates are pretending to be something they’re not."

Clearly an unbiased source you got there.
Yeah....and you know that 3,000 is the biggest number they could inflate using whatever means necessary.

meanwhile, GE has outsourced tens of thousands of jobs overseas and their CEO is the head of Obama's jobs council.

Yes, some people really are that blindly partisan that they'll cuddle a cobra while screaming about a mouse....if they are told to.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Yes, yes, we all know your opinions on gays and why that makes you hate the Koch's support for them.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
I think the principle of this comparison is insightful, but maybe that is just me. And I am okay with that. Thinking objectively is not in everyone's deck of cards apparently.
In what way is the comparison "insightful?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies