Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 05:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That is still a far cry from 8 weeks.
Yes.

Quote:
And, when a late term abortion is necessary, the fetus can be anesthetized.
Why must a choice be anesthetized?

Quote:
Regardless, the issue of fetal pain has no bearing on a woman's right to abort.
According to RvW and the Supreme Court it does.

Quote:
What about the pain a woman experiences during labor and delivery?......or the pain we inflict on newborns/babies during medical procedures?
What about it?

Quote:
Should we stop providing medical treatment to fetuses or newborns if there is a chance they will feel pain?
Killing them isn't a medical treatment.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:29 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes.

Why must a choice be anesthetized?

According to RvW and the Supreme Court it does.

What about it?

Killing them isn't a medical treatment.
It is when it is to save the woman's life.....that and severe fetal deformity is why late term abortions are done.

Should a woman lose her life to spare a fetus a few seconds of possible pain?

Should a severely deformed fetus be brought to term just to experience pain for hours, days, weeks instead of a few seconds?

Old 05-18-2015, 06:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
It is when it is to save the woman's life.....that and severe fetal deformity is why late term abortions are done.

Should a severely deformed fetus be brought to term just to experience pain for hours, days, weeks instead of a few seconds?
Apparently right wingers think women are to stupid to make that decision for themselves, they need the government to make that decision for them.....and who said right wingers are for small government.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Apparently right wingers think women are to stupid to make that decision for themselves, they need the government to make that decision for them.....and who said right wingers are for small government.
Right wingers think killing babies is bad. Intelligent compassionate women agree. Ghoulish extremist left wing nuts do not.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
There is never a case where the fetus must be killed to save the life of the mother late term.

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
Outside of self defense (that I covered) I do not believe anyone has the right to take the life of another.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Right wingers think killing babies is bad. Intelligent compassionate women agree. Ghoulish extremist left wing nuts do not.
Let me know when someone is killing babies, we are talking about abortions and that it should be the woman's choice, not the choice of her government. Though I am sure you think women are having late term abortions for the fun of it.

It would be funny to see the government try to tell men when they can and cannot masturbate.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:46 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Let me know when someone is killing babies, we are talking about abortions and that it should be the woman's choice, not the choice of her government. Though I am sure you think women are having late term abortions for the fun of it.

It would be funny to see the government try to tell men when they can and cannot masturbate.
I would like to see the government intrude between a man and his doctor.

An example: Prostrate cancer.

There are several different treatment options........how about politicians decide which treatment a man gets......to hell with what the man or his doctor think is the best treatment.

If the best chance of survival dictates surgical removal of the prostrate {and all of the risks involved}.....the government should mandate the surgery.........too bad if the man would like to choose a less invasive treatment.

He is not capable of making that decision. The government/politicians/voters should decide.

I don't think men would like it one bit......but when it comes to government dictating women's options......no problem.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
I don't think the people who are making this big push for a 20 week limit on abortions are doing it for any reason other than to put a big crack in Roe V. Wade. Blow a hole in it, then when people get used to it, come back for more- make it 12 weeks, then an 8 week fetus won't be able to be aborted, then at some point abortion will be outlawed.

But you know what, if/when abortion is outlawed, it will not affect women with money one bit. Just as they did in the 60's when it was against the law, they will go to a "friendly" doctor for a D&C and leave the office not pregnant. Poor women will give the baby away or find some way to raise it, and then we can wag our self righteous fingers at them about how women shouldn't have kids they can't afford.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:05 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times
Yeah even the seculars are beginning to get that a fetus is simply in the care of a caregiver whether a
nice person or an idiot the former you live the later you get dismembered by a filthy stinking formerly
disbared doc likely not to using gloves!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why would anyone oppose this? I read the bill. It is short, to the point, and allows exceptions for rape and the health of the woman. It also explains the research. I don't see why the senate or anyone else would be against bans on mutilating a fetus for no good reason.

House passes bill banning abortions after 20 weeks - CNNPolitics.com

Of course Hillary is against it.

Roe V. Wade, determined that the federal government was not authorized by the Constitution, to make abortion illegal, or restrict it in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies