Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 11:55 AM

676 posts, read 988,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You can't know that because we've never been united. Never. Not once in our history.

other countries who are united and monocultured don't have racial tensions

Poland and Japan come to mind

Old 05-14-2015, 11:56 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Do you believe that one race in better than others due to their genetic makeup or not? The answer to your question depends on how you answer that question. Yes or No, simple as that.
Yes I do and I am not alone.

THIRTY YEARS OF RESEARCH ON RACE
DIFFERENCES IN COGNITIVE ABILITY

J. Philippe Rushton
The University of Western Ontario
Arthur R. Jensen
University of California, Berkeley

Quote:
The culture-only (0% genetic–100% environmental) and the hereditarian (50% genetic–50% environmental) models of the causes of mean Black–White differences in cognitive ability are compared and contrasted across 10 categories of evidence: the worldwide distribution of test scores, g factor of mental ability, heritability, brain size and cognitive ability, transracial adoption, racial admixture, regression, related life-history traits, human origins research, and hypothesized environmental variables. The new evidence reviewed here points to some genetic component in Black–White differences in mean IQ. The implication for public policy is that the discrimination model (i.e., Black–White differences in socially valued outcomes will be equal barring discrimination) must be tempered by a distributional model (i.e., Black–White outcomes reflect underlying group characteristics).
Besides repeating the chant "we are all equal" perhaps someone can supply supportive evidence that we are.

But then we all know what kind of racist trash we can expect out of UC Berkeley!

Old 05-14-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then you are not a racist.

You are prejudice, but most people are and that is natural.

Most people do not know the difference between Racism and Prejudice.

I don't know if I a prejudice

im not judgmental or anything, liking a lighter hair tone is not being prejudice

I cant help what im attracted to !

its like saying a homosexual is prejudice for being attracted to men

1,225 posts, read 1,404,313 times
Everyone is racist to some extent.

Last edited by G0DDESS; 05-14-2015 at 12:08 PM..

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
The United States was built on European Immigration

btw im a 1st generation American, I came here
Ummm....no. Not exactly.

European immigration is a major building block, but they're FAR from being the only important component of this nation's establishment.

Moreover, why should we have allowed you to come here instead of some random Mexican or Chinese? What makes you so special?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
other countries who are united and monocultured don't have racial tensions

Poland and Japan come to mind
I don't care about other countries. I care about this one.

You said that you'd prefer a monoculture with a united people as a feature.

Well this country has never been united in its history, so you don't know nor have you ever experienced an united America. It hasn't existed before.

So why did you immigrate to a nation that isn't united as a people and never had a history of being in that state?

Why didn't you immigrate to Poland or Japan instead?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Ummm....no. Not exactly.

European immigration is a major building block, but they're FAR from being the only important component of this nation's establishment.

Moreover, why should we have allowed you to come here instead of some random Mexican or Chinese? What makes you so special?

I have closer cultural ties to America

Old 05-14-2015, 12:03 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
The United States was built on European Immigration

btw im a 1st generation American, I came here
Um, why did you come here knowing exactly how diverse this country is if you're against diversity?

Quote:
I have closer cultural ties to America
Really...how? Where'd you immigrate from that has closer cultural ties than Mexico has to this country? If it's not Canada, then you're just blowing hot air.

Quote:
I don't care about other countries. I care about this one.

You said that you'd prefer a monoculture with a united people as a feature.

Well this country has never been united in its history, so you don't know nor have you ever experienced an united America. It hasn't existed before.

So why did you immigrate to a nation that isn't united as a people and never had a history of being in that state?

Why didn't you immigrate to Poland or Japan instead?

I was born in Poland
but that's beside the point

in the 1950s the USA was over 90% white
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies