Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 07:42 PM

595 posts, read 368,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Just curious...what is your opinion on the bombing raids we are currently conducting in Iraq. Should we drop that effort too?
Yes. It will not defeat ISIS. There are only two ways to handle ISIS, one go with a total war, which would require bringing back the draft. Option two is stay out of it, which is what the U.S. should do. Let them kill each other, it was ideal when ISIS was marching on Baghdad because it was forcing Iran to become involved.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Yes. It will not defeat ISIS. There are only two ways to handle ISIS, one go with a total war, which would require bringing back the draft. Option two is stay out of it, which is what the U.S. should do. Let them kill each other, it was ideal when ISIS was marching on Baghdad because it was forcing Iran to become involved.
yeah, just stay out of it.. let them KILL each other..

How compassionate you liberals claim to be, but when push comes to shove, you dont really give a crap about others..

Old 05-14-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So the 911 commission report which says there were terrorists camps inside of Iraq, (outside of Baghdad), was faulty.

Exactly what information do you have that they didnt have?
National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
"Conventional wisdom casts Saddam Husayn as a terrorist, a primary consumer of terrorist tactics and methods, and an enemy of the United States. That is true. Conventional wisdom describes Iraq under Saddam Husayn as a primary state sponsor of international terrorism-and that is true. If the mathematics is correct, then the conventional conclusion must be that Saddam and Iraq were responsible for acts of terrorism against the United States, including the 1993 Trade Towers attack and the events of September 11, 2001. Furthermore, Saddam and al-Qaida leader Usama bin Ladin cooperated in planning and conducting attacks on these U.S. targets. These assessments are incorrect in my personal view and in my professional judgment as a scholar and intelligence analyst on Iraq, the Middle East and the Persian Gulf region for more than 20 years. Simply put, Saddam Husayn supported extremist groups that would respond to his orders and work against his enemy. This, unfortunately, does not make him the primary suspect or emince grise for al-Qaida's attacks on the United States."

Quote from the website for the 9/11 commission

Read the 9/11 commission report. He had them, but they were not an imminent threat to the U.S. worth invading Iraq and destabilizing the Middle East.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:

How compassionate you liberals claim to be, but when push comes to shove, you dont really give a crap about others..
Who said I was a liberal?

Bottom line I care about America first, and protecting Americans. I will not support useless, and disastrous interventions that will result in Americans dying, while being detrimental to U.S. national interest. Nothing in the Middle East is worth the life of an American.

Let them fight, if you want to go over there to fight the Kurdish Peshmerga is taking volunteers.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:51 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Staying in Iraq was never an option either.
The correct option was never to go in to begin with.

How long were we supposed to stay in? Forever? Because when ISIS is put down, a new tribal group will pop up vying for control. That is how it works over there.
So the tax payers, pay for it until infinity until we are bankrupt? Oh we are already there.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Just curious...what is your opinion on the bombing raids we are currently conducting in Iraq. Should we drop that effort too?
Immediately. It's a loser.
Quote:

Yep. I don't care.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:57 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
I heard Lt Col Ralph Peters interviewed the other day, and he said it wasn't necessarily so that the Iraqis wanted us out. Some did; some did not. After we left there were numerous requests for us to go back, which were ignored. It was really Pres. Obama who wanted us out, and took us out, precipitously with no ifs, ands, or buts. The result was easily predictable.
No, it was not Obama who wanted us out. Bush signed an agreement with the Iraqi's. I believe Obama wanted to leave 10,000 non-combatant troops there. I really don't think we can blame any one person for ISIS. Although, invading Iraq clearly helped create a vacuum.

"The Bush Administration later sought an agreement with the Iraqi government, and in 2008 George W. Bush signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a deadline of 31 December 2011, before which "all the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory".[11][12][13] The last U.S. troops left Iraq on 18 December 2011, in accordance with this agreement.[1][11][12]" source: Withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-14-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
"Conventional wisdom casts Saddam Husayn as a terrorist, a primary consumer of terrorist tactics and methods, and an enemy of the United States. That is true. Conventional wisdom describes Iraq under Saddam Husayn as a primary state sponsor of international terrorism-and that is true. If the mathematics is correct, then the conventional conclusion must be that Saddam and Iraq were responsible for acts of terrorism against the United States, including the 1993 Trade Towers attack and the events of September 11, 2001. Furthermore, Saddam and al-Qaida leader Usama bin Ladin cooperated in planning and conducting attacks on these U.S. targets. These assessments are incorrect in my personal view and in my professional judgment as a scholar and intelligence analyst on Iraq, the Middle East and the Persian Gulf region for more than 20 years. Simply put, Saddam Husayn supported extremist groups that would respond to his orders and work against his enemy. This, unfortunately, does not make him the primary suspect or emince grise for al-Qaida's attacks on the United States."

Quote from the website for the 9/11 commission

Read the 9/11 commission report. He had them, but they were not an imminent threat to the U.S. worth invading Iraq and destabilizing the Middle East.
You changed the argument from terrorists not in Iraq, to whether Saddam was involved. Try again because we arent talking about Saddam..

Old 05-14-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Who said I was a liberal?

Bottom line I care about America first, and protecting Americans. I will not support useless, and disastrous interventions that will result in Americans dying, while being detrimental to U.S. national interest. Nothing in the Middle East is worth the life of an American.

Let them fight, if you want to go over there to fight the Kurdish Peshmerga is taking volunteers.
If you cared about protecting Americans, you'd understand that part of protecting us is to make sure terrorists dont run vast parts of the world..

Old 05-14-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
No, it was not Obama who wanted us out. Bush signed an agreement with the Iraqi's. I believe Obama wanted to leave 10,000 non-combatant troops there. I really don't think we can blame any one person for ISIS. Although, invading Iraq clearly helped create a vacuum.

"The Bush Administration later sought an agreement with the Iraqi government, and in 2008 George W. Bush signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a deadline of 31 December 2011, before which "all the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory".[11][12][13] The last U.S. troops left Iraq on 18 December 2011, in accordance with this agreement.[1][11][12]" source: Withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Which of course Obama was free to change in regards to current situations..

You're flip flopping again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies