Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 10:37 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times

Advertisements

Are some of you all not aware that she was making this speech at a black college to a black audience. This message was not to any of you, it was to that audience. Any good speaker is always aware of the audience and will cater the speech to fit the audience and what the audience will relate to: rhetoric 101. With this in mind and especially at an HBCU talking about overcoming challenges despite instances of racism is inspiring and the reality that many of these students will face upon graduating. Nothing she said in that speech provoked any negative feelings toward whites or played the victim card. Her speech did the opposite, she acknowledged race but said that you have to rise above it.

If you are not black and you have never went to an Hbcu then clearly the message was not intended for YOU to get or understand. As I said before there is a reason blacks that heard the speech had a completely different take from it then you did. Whether she said what she said at that speech the sentiment is already expressed constantly in black homes across America where the parent knows what it takes to get from point a to point b, but is also aware of the challenges in being judged based on skin tone and how that can make things difficult but far from impossible. This is the reality. The truth. And if you can't agree with it and yet you arent black-then fine but know that you dont have to agree or understand what she's talking about since clearly it does not apply to you. You aren't the audience. You arent black. You aren't a student at the school. You dislike Obama anyway and would dislike him no matter if this speech was said to your liking. Your president and First Lady are black and served two terms and will make a mark in the history books. Racism still exists. Not everyone has the same experiences in this country so you cannot compare one groups experience to another unless the conditions and situations are 100% identical, otherwise its apples to oranges. Yes everyone goes through obstacles and journeys and to that same accord we all have the right to voice these obstacles and experiences even if others find it uncomfortable and divisive. You don't matter and are irrelevant-Obama is still the president, the speech was already made and the school loved it, and michelle certainly isnt loosing sleeping over your feelings. Anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh I got that too. She hates Western Civilization and the race that is responsible for it and which she benefits from. Nothing much more to it than that except that she isn't really brave enough to say what she really means.
Really? She didn't say what she meant? LMAO

If that's the case, why's she got the whole peanut gallery on the right all p*ssed off? She must've said SOMETHING that got you guy's goat, or else you wouldn't all be on the verge of having a stroke.

She said exactly what she meant, and those words are having the intended effect. And of course, i'm loving it.

I'm sure she's grateful for Western Civilization, but i don't see a reason why you think she should kiss white folk's asses because of it. I won't do it either. You'd better be just as grateful for Western Civilization as i am. If anyone is gonna do the sucking up, it should be you, not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Yup, the only challenge in life is to overcome those white racists.

Yup, the only people in the world who might hold you back or be critical of you are those white racists with their "daily slights."Michelle is a pathetic racist, it's clear as a bell.
Strange...she's a graduate of two Ivy League schools. She left a job paying well over a quarter million per year to gallivant around with her husband. She's now an occupant of the WH.

"Overcome those white racists?"

"Hold you back with their daily slights?"

She's managed to accomplish what you couldn't do in 10 lifetimes. No Ivy for you, 6 figure job, no entering the WH (except on a tour).....and yet, you're giving advice about overcoming challenges and how to deal with people with YOUR mindset (ironic)?

LMAO...really, stop while you're behind.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:50 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Charter Schools as a youngster (as opposed to the government indoctrination centers most kids have to suffer) ... then, on to Princeton and Harvard ... then the White House .....

Yeah ... she sure has had her fair share of being held down by racist America

Oh, but of course, she was able to outwit them ... navigate around them ... plow through them with her powerful stature and supreme intellect ... against all odds, she beat them. That's the story, huh?

Yeah, I guess that must be the only explanation for how she became so successful. Those racist honkeys have tried their best to keep her down, but she's just so brilliant and capable that she's overcome them, every time. It would be nice to see some proof of this brilliance and capability, though.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:52 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Strange...she's a graduate of two Ivy League schools. She left a job paying well over a quarter million per year to gallivant around with her husband. She's now an occupant of the WH.

"Overcome those white racists?"

"Hold you back with their daily slights?"

She's managed to accomplish what you couldn't do in 10 lifetimes. No Ivy for you, 6 figure job, no entering the WH (except on a tour).....and yet, you're giving advice about overcoming challenges and how to deal with people with YOUR mindset (ironic)?

LMAO...really, stop while you're behind.
Her family has reached the very top of success in the entire world, living in the White House with her twice elected husband, every little whim at her beck and call...and she is still angry, bitter, resentful and obsessed over race. Her only achievement is that she has learned to block out white people for those daily racial slights she ranted on, and on, and on about.

There is no ladder of achievement tall enough, no rung high enough for Michelle to climb her ass out of that racist mire she wallows in.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:54 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
I'm black and she's a skank.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:03 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Booker T. Washington, may as well be speaking about Michelle Obama and her husband:

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."

Old 05-19-2015, 11:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Cool A word of geezerly advice to my white brethren...

Stop

Please

All this hypersensitive self-pity and irrational fear of blacks.

Seriously.

Don't be whiny wimp-noodles concerning the difficulties that African Americans face. They've been through crap that we can't relate to. Their American experience isn't the same as yours and mine.

Deal?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:32 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Stop

Please

All this hypersensitive self-pity and irrational fear of blacks.

Seriously.

Don't be whiny wimp-noodles concerning the difficulties that African Americans face. They've been through crap that we can't relate to. Their American experience isn't the same as yours and mine.

Deal?

So how many black people are there in your neighborhood?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I'm black and she's a skank.
LOL...you're black like i'm an Eskimo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Booker T. Washington, may as well be speaking about Michelle Obama and her husband:

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."
Ummm....they're wealthy people who would've been wealthy had they never set foot in the world of politics.

They don't need anyone's sympathy OR Job security. Sorry.

Your quote fails on a million levels.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-19-2015 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 05-19-2015, 11:38 AM

86 posts, read 82,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
omg, can you imagine if a leader of the KKK gave a speech about blacks like that?
I lol'd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies