Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Actually, what happened here is that he voiced his opinion and the couple voiced theirs, all they wanted to do was take their business else where, is that not what you conservatives have always wanted ?????

Really? Is that what it is?

I don't know what the military secret is about the specifics here but, if there was a no-refund policy, they shouldn't have gotten a refund.

If that's the case, the jeweler wasn't "bullied." He's a wimp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 09:37 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have a hell of a lot of personal and political opinions about the people I treat in my emergency department but I shut the hell up and am professional and do the best job I can for everyone. And believe me, many of these people are a lot worse IMO than a gay couple getting married.
Kudos to you. Now I understand why Docs wear those rubber gloves.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:42 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Actually, what happened here is that he voiced his opinion and the couple voiced theirs, all they wanted to do was take their business else where, is that not what you conservatives have always wanted ?????
No no no, you misunderstand, that only applies to THEM. Not everyone else!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:47 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't agree with him being bullied into giving back the money, but why the hell would he put up this sign?
I see it the other way around. I don't see a problem putting up the sign, it's his choice to do so and he is as entitled to his opinion as anyone else. However, I can see the couple asking for their money back. It's reasonable that they wouldn't want to give business and money to someone that didn't support their lifestyle, and actively promotes against it. If I contracted with someone to do some work and say found out that they were major donors to anti-gun groups, I'd want to cancel the contract. I don't want my money supporting those that want to take away my rights.

This makes a hell of a lot more sense than the idiot gay activists that want to force a business that doesn't want to serve them to take their money.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:33 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What was the point of the sign?
I wasn't aware the owner of a property needed any justification or reason to put up a sign.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:45 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I wasn't aware the owner of a property needed any justification or reason to put up a sign.
The owner didn't need any justification or reason to put up a sign... well at least until his customers impressed upon him the wisdom of keeping one's politics separate from one's business unless you wish to have one intrude upon the other.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Oh the owner doesn't need a reason, but the owner shouldn't be surprised if some of his customers are offended by this idiotic move.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:33 AM

364 posts, read 277,656 times
Quote:
Yet if he had denied them service he would be in the wrong....stop playing a game....they paid,he accepted and he also believes marriage is one man and one woman....they throw fits and harass and bully him for his view....simple as that....

Old 05-19-2015, 06:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Yet if he had denied them service he would be in the wrong....stop playing a game....they paid,he accepted and he also believes marriage is one man and one woman....they throw fits and harass and bully him for his view....simple as that....
Did he think putting up the sign wouldn't cause a reaction with his own customers? That is very short sighted of a business owner.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:09 AM

364 posts, read 277,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did he think putting up the sign wouldn't cause a reaction with his own customers? That is very short sighted of a business owner.
That's the customers problem if they have a problem with it. He obviously wasn't letting it interfere with his business was he? He made the rings with no problem for the customers but like good liberals they scream and throw fit and media comes running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies