Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 02:46 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Wow.... you completely missed my point! Which was, naming your kid something unique like Shaniqua, Afrika, or whatever sounds 'ghetto', you're not doing them any favors.

The fact that your mom had your brother at 16 and you at 17, well....that's a whole other conversation.
And white hippies did the same in the sixties naming their kids "Moonbeam" "RiverSpirit" "Feather " etc.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:46 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
There are many cultures in the population of black Americans. I feel so bad for them that they continually have to put up with being lumped in with other cultures that have nothing to do with. It would be like someone accusing me of living in a trailer park, smoking meth and burning crosses for fun just because I'm white.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:00 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
You can't seriously equate a call to kill white cops (she wasn't calling to kill all white men) with someone expressing their wrongthink about race. Well, maybe in the world of 1984 you can, and I'm starting to suspect that those in charge of the media read Orwell as a training manual.
I consider ignorance and bigotry the same. Both said stupid, ignorant things based upon racial generalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Your aggressive bigotry, racism and personal attacks in most of your post are too ridiculous to respond to.
But the above parts I will respond:

Many of These kids stated to me when we were dealing with future career issues that they didn't know anyone
in their family or neighborhoods that worked. I replied to you that sure there WERE probably some people in their neighborhoods that did work, but they clearly perceived that no one worked. Your experience was different -- clearly you didn't live in the ghetto. These kids were from ghetto neighborhoods.

I never stated that there were NO black high performing students. I said there were a few.

Your and others' denial of black cultural problems and aggressive bullying of anyone who points them out
is why the media, politicians, and most of society keeps sweeping the truth under the carpet.
I am not afraid of bigots and bullys like yourself.
We'll never fix the problems if we don't bring them out in the light to see them clearly.
I've never bullied you. I only pointed out the fabrications you were making up.

LOL at "bullying." You need to grow a thicker skin if you post around here. Just because someone disagrees with what you say and point out your fabrications based upon your own words doesn't mean they are bullying you. I responded to every poster in this thread I disagreed with. Disagreement is not bullying.

But on the subject of bullying, that is another gripe I have with today's society and our educational system. Anything you say to someone that "makes them feel bad" is considered to be bullying. I dont' know you and am not hounding you on every single post you make in this entire forum. I am not stalking you on your other social media sites. I personally could care less that you harbor prejudicial views of minority persons (both Asian and black BTW).

If you think I'm bullying you, then you should consider that with your words you are "bullying" every black person in this forum with you comments about "black cultural problems" and trying to make me the bully and bigot when you are the one casting generalizing statements about entire swaths of the American population.

I'm not a bully. I'm not even that particularly aggressive. But what I have that you have is more of an open mind about all people and all groups of people and I do my best not to paint any segment of our society with a broad stroke. Including teachers, white people, Asians, hispanics, Native Americans, and any other American in this country. We only have one culture - American culture. So spare me the "you are a bully and are denying "truths" (aka not agreeing with prejudicial views against 40 million black people) that you are spewing around here.

See this poster below, who I don't always agree with either, but she/he has never called me a bully:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
There are many cultures in the population of black Americans. I feel so bad for them that they continually have to put up with being lumped in with other cultures that have nothing to do with. It would be like someone accusing me of living in a trailer park, smoking meth and burning crosses for fun just because I'm white.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:20 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yep. And unfortunately this is what we deal with all the time. I'm glad that you at least can understand that this tends to happen so often, especially in this forum, and it's mind boggling that grown adults that claim to be educated with good paying careers are actually ignorant enough to lump every person in the same category and really not see anything wrong with that. It's pretty disturbing. Some of these people claim to be business owners.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Your aggressive bigotry, racism and personal attacks in most of your post are too ridiculous to respond to.

Many of These kids stated to me when we were dealing with future career issues that they didn't know anyone
in their family or neighborhoods that worked. I replied to you that sure there WERE probably some people in their neighborhoods that did work, but they clearly perceived that no one worked. Your experience was different -- clearly you didn't live in the ghetto. These kids were from ghetto neighborhoods.

I never stated that there were NO black high performing students. I said there were a few.

Your and others' denial of black cultural problems and aggressive bullying of anyone who points them out
is why the media, politicians, and most of society keeps sweeping the truth under the carpet.
We'll never fix the problems if we don't bring them out in the light to see them clearly.
Lol...nonsense. Chill with the faux concern. "We're never gonna fix the problems if blah, blah, blah"...as if fixing the problems is some priority of yours.

Stop it.

Yeah...whole neighborhoods, and no one has a job.

*SIGH*

Old 05-22-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If I were black I would cringe at the mention of "black inventors". Even as a white guy I feel a little embarassed for all the blacks who have been duped into believing that their people invented elevators, traffic lights, fountain pens, etc.. Every single claim is nonsense.

https://www.toqonline.com/blog/black-invention-myths/

You do realize that there are black inventors, thus there is no reason for him to cringe, since there are blacks that did invent.

You surely don't believe that only whites invented things in this country, right?

Old 05-22-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As i said on another thread, this pitting Asians against blacks is deliberate and lame. If you have criticisms of the black community, those criticisms can and should more than stand on their own without trying to bring another group into it.

Most Asians i know resent these comparisons and debates, and they're becoming more vocal about it. They realize and understand the profound differences in the black and Asian struggles in this country.

This is one of the best blog pieces on this topic, and he uses statistics to pretty much render the black vs Asian debate a total absurdity.

The Manipulation Factor: An Asian American Take on O’Reilly, Race, and Asian Americans | Race Files

This is one of the best parts of the piece:

So much for lack of education and blacks not valuing education being the sole reason for black unemployment rates.

Then there's this:

Explain THIS Conservatives. I thought you guys said that if blacks would just avoid crime and get educated, they won't experience any real racism....that they'd be treated with the same respect as whites relative to employment opportunities? Really?

How about this one:

Please explain why Asians, with all that education and unwillingness to complain about racism, why aren't they getting into managerial positions at the same rates as whites OR blacks?

And his point about Asian earning power is spot on. In real dollars, that's simply not true. Asians actually earn less than whites do despite having MORE education.

The excerpt below is very important, because supposedly having an intact family is the magic elixir to American success, and even i'll admit that it's certainly preferable to single parent family status. But it's not the panacea that it's made out to be. Explain this if it is:

So really, the black vs Asian comparison simply isn't apropos here...it doesn't fit and makes no sense. Nevermind that the historical differences alone make the comparison absurd.

The black community has a wing that's extremely dysfunctional, and it's certainly dysfunctional enough to criticize it on its own standing without trying to pit blacks against other so called "model minority" ethnic groups that don't share our unique history in this country.

Killed it. What's really amusing is that a lot of conservative whites in this forum tend to put asians on a pedestal, consistently saying that they wouldn't mind have Asian neighbors, that they get along well with Asians, etc, etc. But every single asian person that I've met in my lifetime and become acquainted with is not very fond of white people overall. In fact I remember a south Korean girl that I was good friends in high school that talked so much s*** about whites, far more than any black person I knew. And that's always been my experience. Last year I was dating a guy who's best friend was Asian, and he talked badly about whites too. The thing is, a lot of asians will keep their feelings about race and/or whites if they feel a certain type of way that is, to themselves, and in the comforts of their home.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:

We'll never fix the problems if we don't bring them out in the light to see them clearly
So your basing your lone personal experience that happened way back when as evidence that this is common amongst black ghettos everywhere? Since I have relatives, friends, and have dated men that live in the ghetto, I'm sorry to tell you that you are greatly mistaken. It's unfortunate that you really believe that your experience in this particular community is universal amongst all black communities. I don't know if what you said is true or not--honestly I don't care enough to challenge you on that, but I will say that per the bolded I have a response:

Your and others' fake concern of what you perceive as the COLLECTIVE black cultural problems and extreme ignorance of anyone that points your ignorance and misguided--not genuine--insights about blacks based on that "one time I saw this" or the "media showed this" is why blacks on citydata, and blacks that you most likely never deal with anyway, don't take you seriously and don't care what you think about us.
We are not afraid of you. We don't care about you unless you harm our livelihood and we still like being black despite the challenges and ignorance that we must deal with from people that are too narrow-minded to understand that we are all individuals.
We'll never change to appease people that think like you, people that believe we need to be a certain way when there are plenty of us that aren't criminals that have jobs, that are productive and that are hard working good people. But you can continue to believe that making posts on citydata about "the blacks" will do something or cause something to change... It won't. But continue bringing things to light on an internet forum.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:53 PM

231 posts, read 171,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nope,it means you have to be honest. Asians did not come to this nation the same as black people did. And certain asian groups were indeed given reperations. Imagine what black wealth would look like if every black person or family was given 40,000 dollars(CPI from 1988 reparations to Japanese Americans)
The reparations went to people who actually were interned, not their great great great grandchildren.

What do you think black wealth would look like?

Old 05-22-2015, 05:14 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
You guys get so insecure whenever black people succeed.

George Carruthers created the ultraviolet camera, which was used by Apollo 16 to obtain images in space and was awarded the National Medal of Technology and Innovation in 2012. Lewis Latimer was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame for his carbon filament lightbulb. These are a few of the many, sorry to disappoint you.
Yup, this is why they soend so much time bashing Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies