Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:03 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,480 times

Advertisements

Yep it happened again, this time in Alaska of all places.

Police: Anchorage cyclist fractures skull when attacked by teen on trail | Local News - KTUU.com Anchorage

Quote:
The 43-year-old told police he was biking to work around 8:45 a.m., traveling east near the Goose Lake overpass, when he came upon three young black males who were walking on the bike trail.
One was using a 5-foot-long tree branch as a walking stick.
"As the cyclist passed, the male swung the branch directly into the victims face," police wrote.
The victim lost control of his bike and crashed, and the three young males walked away and disappeared into a neighborhood near East High School.
All three are described as black maleswith medium complexion.

The victim suffered a broken nose, fractured skull, and a fractured right orbital bone, and he is being treated in a local hospital.
"This appears to be an unprovoked random act of violence. There was no motive of robbery. The three beat this man with a stick as he drove by," Police spokesperson Anita Shell said.
Thankfully he was arrested:

Police arrest 15-year-old accused of attacking cyclist on Anchorage trail | Local News - KTUU.com Anchorage

For anyone who's 'bored/tired' of these stories and want to continue to ignore black on non-black violence you should stop reading here. For everyone else, yet again I'm asking why is this not being reported and why don't blacks stand up against these kinds of violent random attacks? These are their own kids that black parents are doing little about to raise them right. I don't understand how any black person can EVER claim to be a 'good parent' when they can allow so many of their children to grow up so badly that they would commit these types of completely random attacks all over the US.

I mean you can't even say it was because they wanted to rob the cyclist. This black kid just out of the blue felt like bashing someone in the face with a big stick and ruin their day. How can black parents live with themselves knowing that their kids are growing up like this?? And how can blacks ever say with a straight face that they're being unfairly stereotyped when this kind of crap happens over and over and over again? Blacks can't possibly be ignorant enough to think that they can forever poke a bear and not expect it to eventually get fed up and bite back can they?

And if blacks are tired of reading these stories, us non-blacks are just as tired of being the victims in those stories. And if blacks want to know why race relations are quite poor in the US, WELL THIS IS WHY! These days blacks are the ones who are driving a deep wedge between blacks and non-blacks with crap like this nearly every damn day. Until blacks can ever get their sh$t together and take responsiblity for their kids and their actions like good parents should, race relations will never improve in the US.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:46 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Angry *

Thats terribly mean.... IM GLAD THEY FOUND THIS IDIOT!!!

Poor guy

Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
For anyone who's 'bored/tired' of these stories and want to continue to ignore black on non-black violence you should stop reading here. For everyone else, yet again I'm asking why is this not being reported and why don't blacks stand up against these kinds of violent random attacks? These are their own kids that black parents are doing little about to raise them right. I don't understand how any black person can EVER claim to be a 'good parent' when they can allow so many of their children to grow up so badly that they would commit these types of completely random attacks all over the US.
How can black parents live with themselves knowing that their kids are growing up like this?? And how can blacks ever say with a straight face that they're being unfairly stereotyped when this kind of crap happens over and over and over again? Blacks can't possibly be ignorant enough to think that they can forever poke a bear and not expect it to eventually get fed up and bite back can they?

And if blacks are tired of reading these stories, us non-blacks are just as tired of being the victims in those stories. And if blacks want to know why race relations are quite poor in the US, WELL THIS IS WHY! These days blacks are the ones who are driving a deep wedge between blacks and non-blacks with crap like this nearly every damn day. Until blacks can ever get their sh$t together and take responsiblity for their kids and their actions like good parents should, race relations will never improve in the US.
No, these are not my kids, nor do they have anything to do with me or my life.
I do claim to be a good parent, and my kids are being raised very well by two married parents in a nice home in a nice neighborhood. Why should we feel the need to do something about random black kids in Anchorage, or anywhere? It has nothing to do with us.

Race relations are bad? If they are, we're certainly not experiencing it. We live in a predominantly white, middle-class neighborhood, and are not experiencing any kind of racial tension, anywhere. I believe this is mostly an issue blown up by the media to further their agenda (and pocketbook.)

If my kids do bad/stupid things, of course I'll take responsibility for it. This isn't the case.

Why are you acting like these thugs are my responsibility (or all blacks' for that matter?)

Now as far as the article, I feel very sorry for the victim, and hope these thugs are put away for a long time.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
In Alaska? But I am sure this type of crime happens frequently. Lawlessness appears to be the norm.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:23 AM

404 posts, read 385,959 times
Quote:
Yep it happened again, this time in Alaska of all places.

Police: Anchorage cyclist fractures skull when attacked by teen on trail | Local News - KTUU.com Anchorage

Thankfully he was arrested:

Police arrest 15-year-old accused of attacking cyclist on Anchorage trail | Local News - KTUU.com Anchorage

I mean you can't even say it was because they wanted to rob the cyclist. This black kid just out of the blue felt like bashing someone in the face with a big stick and ruin their day. How can black parents live with themselves knowing that their kids are growing up like this?? And how can blacks ever say with a straight face that they're being unfairly stereotyped when this kind of crap happens over and over and over again? Blacks can't possibly be ignorant enough to think that they can forever poke a bear and not expect it to eventually get fed up and bite back can they?

Which blacks? American? Caribbean? African? Which ones are supposed to speak out about these strangers? I'm just curious.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:16 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
For everyone else, yet again I'm asking why is this not being reported and why don't blacks stand up against these kinds of violent random attacks?
Because when it is non-black (as in white) on black violence, blacks shout loud "we", "black community", as if they (blacks) are all one group with one voice, exceptions noted. However, when a black commits an offense, it is all of a sudden "hands off" and to quit the "collective" accusations, and shouts of "we are individuals", "me being black has nothing to do with what another black person does", etc.

Basically, the "black community" is only a community when it suits them, and are not a community when it suits them. They pick and choose when to label themselves as a community and when not to. A white cop kills a black criminal, it is "an attack on the black community:, yet when a black kills a white person, you will never hear "an attack on a white by the black community".

Just like stereotypes, many blacks will embrace all the positive stereotypes, yet go nuts with accusations of racism when confronted with negative stereotypes.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:17 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
Which blacks? American? Caribbean? African? Which ones are supposed to speak out about these strangers? I'm just curious.
The same ones people like Obama speak about when he refers to the "African-American community", do I need to make a list of the number of "black community" references blacks have made?

Not that I think anyone because of their race holds responsibility for someone else, but you cannot just deny there has been absolutely no talk of "black community" over the years.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:23 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Race relations are bad? If they are, we're certainly not experiencing it. We live in a predominantly white, middle-class neighborhood, and are not experiencing any kind of racial tension, anywhere. I believe this is mostly an issue blown up by the media to further their agenda (and pocketbook.)
If your situation were reversed -- i.e. a white family living in a predominantly black neighborhood -- I would bet you'd have a different take on the state of race relations.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:26 AM

613 posts, read 463,987 times
Why

Old 05-26-2015, 11:40 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If your situation were reversed -- i.e. a white family living in a predominantly black neighborhood -- I would bet you'd have a different take on the state of race relations.
Depends...
A middle class, predominantly black neighborhood? (Which is very common in parts of Maryland/DC and NYC) would see no issues with a white family moving in.

Of course, stick a white family in a black ghetto and things would likely be different.
Likewise, I'm sure I wouldn't be welcomed with open arms if I moved my family to some hillbilly-ville in North Georgia.
The reason for this? Both are filled with ignorant folk stuck with some 1950s old South mentality and they refuse to change. Ignorance at its finest.

So, no, if my situation were reversed (white family living in a predominantly black, middle class neighborhood) I'm sure I'd have the same experience I do now.

for instance, I have cousins who live in Upper Malboro, MD, a predominantly black, middle-class town in Prince George County. Their immediate neighbors are white. They've been there for as long as I've known my cousins to live there (over 15 years.) They have had no issues with regard to race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies